★ SmartScoreboard 118 ★ (January 2024)

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
ProAsm
Skilled

Re: >>> SmartDM 108(i)

Post by ProAsm »

Hi Guys,

Que is otherwise not available atm, so I'll just chip in here.

The Mini SB in 108h and 108i is purely experimental and I just added to see the response.
Well its been very good so I have extended it to TDM, DOM and CTF.
In the new SmartSB101a F3 now toggles the 3 scoreboards full/alt/mini and which ever you last used will remain as default for next time.

The fonts in 1024x768 and 800x600 is almost impossible to use with so much information going into such small spaces.
Many graphic cards and monitors have a 1152x864 option so if you could use that you will score a lot more as it has a nice vertical resolution.
UT itself truncates Nicknames to a maximum of 20 characters, and the MiniSB truncates them even further where necessary.
What I've added in SSB is before truncating, is a smaller font will be used and if stll too long it gets truncated.

Oh and hopefully I have solved the duplicated kill messages :)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

ProAsm wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 pmOh and hopefully I have solved the duplicated kill messages
What about the duplicated 30 second warning?

If you're running a game with a countdown, UT gives a vocal warning at 5 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, and the final 5 seconds.

While I noticed this before, apparently SmartDM has it's own 30 second warning... so you hear both of them at the same time. It's not a bad thing, but it's noticeable.

Kinda sounds like a voice in a tunnel.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

ProAsm wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 pm Hi Guys,

Que is otherwise not available atm, so I'll just chip in here.

The Mini SB in 108h and 108i is purely experimental and I just added to see the response.
Well its been very good so I have extended it to TDM, DOM and CTF.
In the new SmartSB101a F3 now toggles the 3 scoreboards full/alt/mini and which ever you last used will remain as default for next time.

The fonts in 1024x768 and 800x600 is almost impossible to use with so much information going into such small spaces.
Many graphic cards and monitors have a 1152x864 option so if you could use that you will score a lot more as it has a nice vertical resolution.
UT itself truncates Nicknames to a maximum of 20 characters, and the MiniSB truncates them even further where necessary.
What I've added in SSB is before truncating, is a smaller font will be used and if stll too long it gets truncated.

Oh and hopefully I have solved the duplicated kill messages :)
Thanks for your input. I still feel the fonts are too large or maybe there is too much data. I understand it's a large amount of information to display. I believe other mods have been developed to auto scale based on resolution. Requesting players to change their resolution is not the answer. We are all passionate because we love the mod, and we want to help make it perfect. I wish I could help more, but all I can provide is my server to test with and give feedback.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

When I initially addressed the multiple teams issue with SmartDM, as it was primarily set for 2 teams only, I mentioned I was playing CTF4 for testing. Now, as it happens, I've got more than 1 version of Capture The Flag with 4 Teams.

· CTF4
· MultiTeamCTF

It turns out the update to SmartDM was made specifically for MultiTeamCTF and not CTF4, and to display that and another problem I noticed with the update, observe.

This is standard CTF:
I tend to test things by running games with low scores and a time limit. You can see up top in the middle there's a 5 minute time limit, and only 5 captures of the flag necessary to win. Also a nice countdown clock.

This is CTF4:
So the game details are still there in the upper center of the screen, but despite it being a 4-way game (indicated by the flags on the right side of the HUD) SmartDM only shows 2 team lists.

This is MultiTeamCTF:
Now all teams are clearly displayed, but what happened to the game details at the top center? Nothing to say what the scoring goal is or how much time is left in the game.

Thought I should point this out.
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

@Evilgrins, sorry I did not know about the duplicate 30 second countdown.
It's only recently that I have started watching the forum.
I normally wait for Que to give me feedback.

Also regarding the 4 way team games, this is something brand new to me and to be honest I did not know they even exist :)
The 4 way I made was for TDM only but it does sense if MaxTeams=4
I recently started making a scoreboard for 4 way CTF but I have nothing to test it with, so I dumped it.
If you can enlighten me on what to install to test 4 way CTF I will make a scoreboard to fit.
Or you could email me the mod etc at proasm at gmail dot com.

@RocketJedi, lol, sorry about the switching of resolutions but coding for a 1024 graphic screen is hard work and the font sizes are extremely limited.
The main problem at 1024 is only 2 font sizes give you smooth bold display, the rest are very scratchy.
Which particular fonts do you feel are too large.
UT Auto Scaling only works for resolutions from 512 to 1024, nothing above that, and although patch 451 makes mention of 1280 there is nothing that actually uses it and is not part of the auto scaling.
SmartDM/SmartSB is based around 1280x720 so using auto scaling is not an option.
I've now made my own auto scaling which works fairly well from 1920 to 1024 but so far its only for the playername.
Getting things to fit from 1920 down to 800 is a nightmare :)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

ProAsm wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 pm I recently started making a scoreboard for 4 way CTF but I have nothing to test it with, so I dumped it.
If you can enlighten me on what to install to test 4 way CTF I will make a scoreboard to fit.
Try these two - they're the most common ones used
ctf4.zip and
MultiCTF.zip
(213.87 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

ProAsm wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 pmregarding the 4 way team games, this is something brand new to me and to be honest I did not know they even exist
Even normal Deathmatch has 4 way team play, though you're not knowing isn't unusual. A lot of the initial skins made by players were only ever setup for Team Red & Team Blue.

Part of why I learned skinning was to add the other 2 colors.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

ProAsm wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 pm @Evilgrins, sorry I did not know about the duplicate 30 second countdown.
It's only recently that I have started watching the forum.
I normally wait for Que to give me feedback.

Also regarding the 4 way team games, this is something brand new to me and to be honest I did not know they even exist :)
The 4 way I made was for TDM only but it does sense if MaxTeams=4
I recently started making a scoreboard for 4 way CTF but I have nothing to test it with, so I dumped it.
Or you could email me the mod etc at proasm at gmail dot com.

@RocketJedi, lol, sorry about the switching of resolutions but coding for a 1024 graphic screen is hard work and the font sizes are extremely limited.
The main problem at 1024 is only 2 font sizes give you smooth bold display, the rest are very scratchy.
Which particular fonts do you feel are too large.
UT Auto Scaling only works for resolutions from 512 to 1024, nothing above that, and although patch 451 makes mention of 1280 there is nothing that actually uses it and is not part of the auto scaling.
SmartDM/SmartSB is based around 1280x720 so using auto scaling is not an option.
I've now made my own auto scaling which works fairly well from 1920 to 1024 but so far its only for the playername.
Getting things to fit from 1920 down to 800 is a nightmare :)
Thank you for your continued work here are screen shots of all 3 boards 24 inch monitor 1920x1080

https://vulpinemission.com/images/Shot0077.png
https://vulpinemission.com/images/Shot0078.png
https://vulpinemission.com/images/Shot0079.png
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

NeedSomeWrapping.PNG
Perhaps these are what a server doesn't need.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I was gonna get around to posting that but ya beat me to the punch.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Other then that , Functions ok?
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:26 pm NeedSomeWrapping.PNG
Perhaps these are what a server doesn't need.
Did it by any chance to more that 10 lines at the start of each level which if the case, the timer did not stop after 10 seconds.
It will probably happen when playing DeathMatch.
I forgot to test for that - sorry, but it will not do any harm to a server.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Perhaps it worth to drop an eye in client logs as well.
ClientLog wrote: ScriptWarning: SmartDMGameReplicationInfo DM-((POT))-XAN-Valley-RMX.SmartDMGameReplicationInfo0 (Function SmartDM108i.SmartDMGameReplicationInfo.PostBeginPlay:0022) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: SmartDMScoreBoard DM-((POT))-XAN-Valley-RMX.SmartDMScoreBoard0 (Function SmartDM108i.SmartDMScoreBoard.InitStatBoardDynamicPos:02BE) Accessed None
ProAsm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:24 pm I forgot to test for that - sorry, but it will not do any harm to a server.
Accessed Nones are not good in any way. A "ScriptWarning" doesn't mean that it's all good, that's why it's called ScriptWarning.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:08 am Perhaps it worth to drop an eye in client logs as well.
ClientLog wrote: ScriptWarning: SmartDMGameReplicationInfo DM-((POT))-XAN-Valley-RMX.SmartDMGameReplicationInfo0 (Function SmartDM108i.SmartDMGameReplicationInfo.PostBeginPlay:0022) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: SmartDMScoreBoard DM-((POT))-XAN-Valley-RMX.SmartDMScoreBoard0 (Function SmartDM108i.SmartDMScoreBoard.InitStatBoardDynamicPos:02BE) Accessed None
ProAsm wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:24 pm I forgot to test for that - sorry, but it will not do any harm to a server.
Accessed Nones are not good in any way. A "ScriptWarning" doesn't mean that it's all good, that's why it's called ScriptWarning.
I'm not sure if related, but if I get disconnected from the server due to let's say a file mismatch, and I rejoin the server after map change the smart HUD doesn't work anymore unless I close UT down or change maps
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

SmartDM was mainly intended for the standard gametypes, so while it's cool it works with variations of those gametypes there somethings it does not.

I know it wasn't intended for MonsterHunt, though I tested it on that and MonsterArena just to see.

MH & MA are both 1 team games, excluding the separate Team Monster Hunt which never worked for me. So I'm not sure why this mutator makes MH & MA display as 2 teams... but it does.
Attachments
Shot0160.png