Smart? Bots? Redeemer?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
ExpEM
Adept

Smart? Bots? Redeemer?

Post by ExpEM »

Has any one done a 'smart' Redeemer weapon? EG. One that bots can fully use like a player? Without blowing themselves to bits if someone runs infront of them? That they can use to intercept other incoming warheads? That they can pilot in camera mode?
Signature goes here.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Re: Smart? Bots? Redeemer?

Post by Que »

Nope , you'll be the first to create such a mod. piloting in camera mode sounds tough not sure how you'd tackle that one.
playing like a player could be easier at least.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

ExpEM wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:27 amHas any one done a 'smart' Redeemer weapon? EG.
I once proposed, somewhere, that someone make a monster that looked like a redeemer with legs. So it would target players, and then run after them.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Que wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:34 am Nope , you'll be the first to create such a mod.
Well shit, I was asking because I really don't want to do it lol.
Que wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:34 am piloting in camera mode sounds tough not sure how you'd tackle that one.
Faking it sort of like a Seeking Rocket or going all out to make the Projectile use the path network?
I only really want it for one map so maby have special flight paths built into the map?

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:56 am I once proposed, somewhere, that someone make a monster that looked like a redeemer with legs. So it would target players, and then run after them.
I like this idea, reminds me of a mod for Skyrim that had Thomas the Tank Engine as a head on stick figure bodies... It was... odd...
Signature goes here.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In a MH2 I wrote another A.I. code. It's hard to predict a battle situation. Motivation ? Accessed Nones when weapon does a team query through pawns - monsters don't have any PRI and neither a team - beside this, it wasn't widely used and so not really efficient. What was changed ?:
- trying to find a closer node not visible from Rocket and move there - doesn't work in all environments - thanks to mapping trashes;
- fire this weapon when enemy is far enough - not like original code is saying, that's dumbness 24/7;
- use redeemer if enemy has more closer potential enemies. Idea is: If I'm about to die I'll take a bunch of them with me into grave;
- guiding for Bot it's another story, I never tested anything here because... it needs 3d space tracing-processing which I still see unsolved in those RX mods.

Yes, code can be improved. You can have a new code if you can deal with replacing functions in XC_Engine for stock Redeemer where it's possible.
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

Post by MEAT »

Bots are probably the weakest players you will ever see during a game.
Ahh...I'll take that back.
I've seen some pretty bad players over the years...lol
Plus, I've seen bots do some extraordinary things during a game.
That being said...the only time I've seen a redeemer toting bot is Redeemer servers.
:redeemer2: