Ghost or Proximity Spawn

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Peamole
Average
Personal rank: Dinghy-O-Death Cap'n

Ghost or Proximity Spawn

Post by Peamole »

Is there a mutator that only makes it so that players or bots don't telefrag each other?

• Maybe something that turns their bBlockPlayers to false for the first 3-5 seconds, kind of like in some BT servers...
• Or a one-at-a-time spawning with a Player Spawn First [✓] like Unreal 1! That would be the best imo!
• Or something that would make the next player spawn just 2 player/bot Collision Radii away, if given the space.

I tried a no telefrag mutator but I didn't like all the shenanigans and pointless punishments it dealt out.
:PlayerStart: :omfg: :mad2: :pfff: :PlayerStart:
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Ghost or Proximity Spawn

Post by OjitroC »

Have you tried sektor's LessTele mutator? It can be found here - probably best to read the whole thread to get an idea of what it does (which, in brief, is to create a lot more 'spots' where players/bots can potentially spawn - but there's more to it than that).
Last edited by OjitroC on Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Yep.
Attachments
NoTelefrag.zip
(9.59 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Guilty !
I should write something more advanced - but I have to figure strategy. So far those are addressing the start and are... "blind" starts not recognized by UT's assets. Now days I figured how to link new PlayerStarts in NavigationChain making them available but... Plain UT uses only 16 spots, it's why mutator should come with extra things wisely computed and maybe using more 3D space processing as long as you cannot count on PathNodes, some mappers are not having money for them - it's not like you pay for paths in end, but that's another story, I have to get over these... perhaps a more advanced one can be done depending on map-name and aiming certain areas - here it comes admin mental capability, admin means a server guy not a button-pusher and the banning guy.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump - Update at version 4
Mutator name LessTele4.LessTele. In local games we do have something like here:
LessTele4.PNG
Testing
- a CTF 300k map addressing 4 players using 13 Bots and me has returned ZERO Spawn-Tele-Kills but this doesn't mean that in empty maps is spawn-safe guaranteed 100% - poke your mappers in the eye.
- a DM 300k map for 2-8 players using 22 Bots has returned also ZERO Spawn-Tele-Kills.
Operating Strategy:
After a configured delay (might be needed for hard navigation tweaks) mutator is adding new PlayerStarts nearby original starts. These starts are configurable:
[LessTele4.EPlayerStart]
bVerboser=True - this Playerstart is blabbering stuff in console, it might be chained into navigation chain or it's proscribed due to the placement;
bLockToChain=True - does linking into Navigation Chain or Not.

[LessTele4.LessTele]
bVerbose=True - spamming speech in log;
bControlRespawns=True - keep control even after starting match finding PlayerStarts team based and active following game rules;
SpawnRadius=800 - radius in UU (Unreal Units) for moving Players around a busy/taken PlayerStart - caps at 1600 in run-time - available only for starting moment;
AddsDelay=1.000000 - waiting delay in seconds before adding extra PlayerStart nodes.
This is the tool...
LessTele4.7z
(103.58 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Archive contains a PDF document with explanations.
This is game-stage...
LessTele4_Starts.PNG
Source-Code is in mutator - not stripped - but compiling requires some tech for getting over constants - new starts can be loaded in Navigation Chain - no paths but chained and then are about to be recognized by game directly if they are under 16 pieces...

Misc options:
Not needed in ServerPackages array. Certain properties can be changed from Editor such as Translucent PlayerStarts, etc. without to be recompiled... All configuration can be generated from Preferences Menu command because INT file is opening these options...
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm
This is the tool...
LessTele4.7z
Thanks but is there a version in a regular zip archive? I keep getting errors and 0 bit files when trying to extract it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Seriously... I have never had any problems in using 7Zip which is a free tool. I extracted even other "RAR" types shared in forum which my usual commander does errors...
https://www.7-zip.org/
To me this is a veery regular archive... and having better compression, either way such LZMA type it's implemented in XC_Engine for redirecting XC Player, perhaps better than original UZ.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Have you tried simply disabling the transloc? That's an option before you start any game.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

What are you talking about ? It's about Telefragging when Bot is brought in the same spot with or without Translocator when a match starts. See a map with more Bots and less Playerstarts - PLAYING not Spectating... :omfg:
This is a mitigation not 100% guaranteed in poorly pathed maps.
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

Thanks for the 7Zip, sektor2111. I was using an old, unregistered copy of RAR File Extractor. :facepalm:
Yesterday, I tested LessTele3, seems to work well. I was playing TeamDeathmatch offline with 16 bots and I was getting a few PlayerStart TeleFrags before I tried it.
:tele2:
NoTelefrag was the mutator that I absolutely despised because it would punish me for trying Translocator kills. :wth:
I'll try this LessTele4 mutator...
Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

you could use MrLoathesome's random spawn locations (RSL_RC4.zip) which randomly creates new spawn points across the map at start. the only problem with it is that if you have a map with unreached decoration areas sometimes spawn locations will be placed there but if you couple it with one of those damaging anti camper mutators it should work fine
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Let me explain some small techs which I added in v4 whatever - you can even change it as you wish...
It allows two options for new PlayerStarts. If map has 3 Starts per team, mod might be completing these up to 12 pieces per team around these 3 originals if they are fitting in spot. What is the deal ? If you link them in Navigation chain (configurable), these are going to be used by BotPack itself like they were added by mapper. If mod is set to control spawns it might be helpful also out of starting moment preventing to spawn Bot and telefrag player if is crawling in spot. Range for moving player is configurable up to 1600 UU - for a DM I think it should be good. I did not use a higher range because that iterator is not fast and for a game with more "players" I don't think is suitable this processing.