Random insane concepts for mutators!

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Random insane concepts for mutators!

Post by EvilGrins »

Everyone has at some point or other has an idea for a mutator that literally fits the definition of being BAT-SHIT-CRAZY. Heck, some people even try and make them... there's a lot of kooky mutators out there.

Please place your ideas for mutators in this thread. Not because you necessarily want someone to try and make them but just to let that insanity our of your head.

Mine?

Pillow-fight mutator.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: Random insane concepts for mutators!

Post by TankBeef »

Maybe a Mortal Kombat weapons mod? Scorpion's spear, Kitana's fan toss, fireballs, acid spit, bicycle kicks...
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Here's one just to enrage people: a mod which gives every UT character abilities and specific set of physics-based stats (jumping height, running speed...) and turns UT into a Hero Shooter, lol!
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

I would like to see a more realistic showing of weapon damage. How many times have you been sniping on Face and hit a guy in the big toe and watch him die? Is the big toe really a vital organ?
Or, let's say you rocket launch a leg or an arm, the character can no longer use that appendage and must limp around to the flag. Or have a running total of damage accrued during a match and have the character skins deteriorate as the damage piles up showing the effects of war.

But the best crazy mutator is smell-o-rama. I don't know about you guys and girls but I would think a decaying skarj might be pretty rank. Okay maybe that is a bad idea.

Back to the original crazy idea. Bleeding? Fill a player with the minigun holes, see the blood spurts and then look at him after the kill,, nothing. Fast healers I guess?

Wait, I know, what if you had monsters ...and then you had to hunt them down?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

TexasGtar wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:10 pm I would like to see a more realistic showing of weapon damage. How many times have you been sniping on Face and hit a guy in the big toe and watch him die? Is the big toe really a vital organ?
Or, let's say you rocket launch a leg or an arm, the character can no longer use that appendage and must limp around to the flag.
You mean something like the Soldier of Fortune gore system? What was it called, GHOUL something?
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

A Borderlands-esque system where all weapons and items get a bajillion variations, so you could have armor resistant to different damage types, weapons can get different accuracy, RoF and projectile types... There could be also a place called the Store, which spawns randomly in the map and allows players to sell or buy weapons, armor and other items... also picking up the same weapon won't net you the same weapon (i.e. first pickup nets you a Shock Rifle with quick RoF, but on second pickup of the same weapon you could get one which instead launches beams which cause fire damage...) though you can sell them.

The possibilities are the same or more as Borderlands' bajillion gazillion googolplex number of weapons, shields and class modifiers.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

TexasGtar wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:10 pm I would like to see a more realistic showing of weapon damage. How many times have you been sniping on Face and hit a guy in the big toe and watch him die? Is the big toe really a vital organ?
Or, let's say you rocket launch a leg or an arm, the character can no longer use that appendage and must limp around to the flag. Or have a running total of damage accrued during a match and have the character skins deteriorate as the damage piles up showing the effects of war.
http://ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Mods/ ... lism05.rar
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Neon_Knight wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:45 pm A Borderlands-esque system where all weapons and items get a bajillion variations, so you could have armor resistant to different damage types, weapons can get different accuracy, RoF and projectile types... There could be also a place called the Store, which spawns randomly in the map and allows players to sell or buy weapons, armor and other items... also picking up the same weapon won't net you the same weapon (i.e. first pickup nets you a Shock Rifle with quick RoF, but on second pickup of the same weapon you could get one which instead launches beams which cause fire damage...) though you can sell them.

The possibilities are the same or more as Borderlands' bajillion gazillion googolplex number of weapons, shields and class modifiers.
Oh man, what can I say? :? This is exactly why I am stuck with UT. I am going to squeeze the last drop of it until there is no more.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

OP asked for insane concepts for mutators.

I just followed suit, lol!
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Current todo list includes a valentine's day mutator that replaces a whole swathe of stuff from blood and gibs to weapon effects and decals with sappy lovey-dovey stuff. So it won't look as bad when you shoot your loved one in the face for the 50th time.
Signature goes here.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

I just had to write that design document. I must recognize that a lot of those ideas are too... conventional. However the beauty is seeing them at the same time.

https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/User:Pum ... nrealLands
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

ExpEM wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:29 am Current todo list includes a valentine's day mutator that replaces a whole swathe of stuff from blood and gibs to weapon effects and decals with sappy lovey-dovey stuff. So it won't look as bad when you shoot your loved one in the face for the 50th time.
lol
The "Kill Em With Kindness" mutator

-----------------------------------------------------
TankBeef wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:20 pm
Or, let's say you rocket launch a leg or an arm, the character can no longer use that appendage and must limp around to the flag.
You mean something like the Soldier of Fortune gore system? What was it called, GHOUL something?
Never played that one so I don't know.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

The FunStuff mutator demo in the AdvancedMutator topic does weird stuff.
To work you need to add the AdvancedMutatorMaster as first mutator and add the FunStuff mutator. These are its features:
- When shooting with a BIO rifle, the player/bot will shoot translocator discs using Fire(Left mouse button) or shoot rocks using AltFire(Right mouse button), in this last case they also get bigger depending on the loadr;
- When shooting a Player/Bot/Monster with an enforcer, it will be "locked in a barrel"(if the barrel will be detroyed, the "locked victim" will die). (If you get locked in a barrel, you can suicide);
- Projectiles will slow down while moving until they'll stop;
- Players/Bots/Monsters who are being aimed by someone, will get fatter;
- When viewing a Bot, it can be possessed moving its ViewRotation with the mouse;
- If a Player/Bot/Monster is not moving for 30 seconds, it will get hurt;
- Shooting a light will make it blink and a sound will be heard on that location, shooting it a second time will turn off it. (Works better with TriggerLight's);
- Jumping will increase your jumping rate of 50 units. (It gets resetted if the Player/Bot/Monster dies);
- You can insert the working command "makemeapirate" through the "Tab" console. Also everytime you type a character that is not present in the command "makemeapirate" you get hurt;
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

I got one. A bad shot mutator. You never hit what you are aiming at. Bullets are aimed at any random point other than where the crosshairs are. Then after you make the mod, you build a bunch of sniper maps for it.
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Browsing through my unreleased mutators:
Batten pass, ctf mutator that teleports the flag to the closest teammate within x range when the flag carrier is killed.

Instagib everything, all weapons are instagib.

Loaded, all players spawn as if they used the loaded cheat code.
-two more versions, one for PSI weapons Dreams and one for nali weapons 3.

Loadout, same as loaded except each weapon has a 50% chance of being given.
-again with versions for pwd and nw3.

Recharge, ammo recharges over time.

Superheal, all health is super healing.

Volatile health, just like volitile ammo but with health.

Discharge, similar to volitile weapons except the weapon is dropped and fires as if it was being held while bouncing (and spinning) all over the place.

Whooshie, all players get the speed relic.

Also on my todo list:
BEEZ! Relic, owner gets an aura of bees that sting nearby players and chase anyone that shoots owner.
Signature goes here.