StoreTeam

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Buggie
Godlike

StoreTeam

Post by Buggie »

Remember player team and restore it on next enter to server.

Useful for MH if tired on every map write into Nexgen chat "!yellow" for set yellow skin.

Install:
Add to mutator list StoreTeam.StoreTeam (or to ServerActors - preferred way)
Add to ServerPackages StoreTeam
StoreTeam.zip
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Note: Mutator targeted to servers, so can be changed without change package name. So better not install it on clients for avoid packet mismatch for old clients.
Berserker
Experienced

Re: StoreTeam

Post by Berserker »

Buggie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:48 am Remember player team and restore it on next enter to server.
Seems like a good mutator, I really needed something like this for my server. But it doesn't seem to work for me properly.

I start out in red team, but when i reconnect it puts me in blue and doesnt switch me red. After couple reconnects it kills you and switches you to red but its not consistent and very random and broken. Sometimes when you reconnect it kills you in both red and blue and switches you back and forth endlessly, I couldnt capture it on video.
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

AFAIK "normal" Monsterhunt does not support changing team and therefore changing the color of the skin. If you implement real multiple teams in Monsterhunt you get the problem that player of other teams are enemies and for example get full damage of your weapon or don't see teamsay-messages. I modified the game controller for "BarbiesWorld" so that a variable "VirtualTeam" is used for that and changes visual effects only.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

This mutator very simple and mostly targeted to MH, where you not die when "change" team. Also in MH no team as you know in TDM, DOM or CTF. It is more like skin color.
In anyway all players in MH belong to one team - red. But can use different color later.
Main problem in MH - when you enter to server you set to red team, get red skin and your real team reset. And you type "!green" in chat on each map for make skin green. Very annoying.
This mutator created for solve exactly this problem.

So it is very simple. On player enter it setup local timer, for each 3 seconds.
For first call this timer sent stored team if there exists any.
After that it just monitor any change of team and store it on config, for use it next time on next map.

If you use it in usual team game where you die on change team it can be painful. Mutator not designed for this case and it workflow maybe not acceptable for such, and not solve what you want solve.

Automatically merged

Yes, this mutator written mostly for MonsterHuntSB, and not really tested with usual MH.

Automatically merged

Well, after check now against usual MH I can confirm it is useless here, bcs MH simple ignore any set team and always reset you to red.
So possible no any good usage this mutator away from MonsterHuntSB.

I not see any point use it in TDM or other game type, because there no any problem with reset players team.