I take as base already improved version by 21.
Map overrides feature can be used to configure map specific rules, currently the only supported property is Song, it can be used to override the song played on the map.
To enable this feature you need to set bEnableMapOverrides to true in the [MVES.MapVote] section of MVE_Config.ini
bOverrideServerPackages should be enabled to allow ServerPackages to be automatically populated with the referenced song packages. Otherwise you need to manually add all used packages to ServerPackages in the [Engine.GameEngine] section of UnrealTournament.ini
Fast Player Detection
I've added a fast player detection that triggers on the same tick when the player joins the server, instead of waiting for the imter interval to pass.
The timer interval is still there as a safety net for gametypes that have custom player ID assignment.
Improved PlayerPawn filtering
Mapvote needs to discrimate between bots and players of variou sorts. Previosely the mapvote logic allowed non real human players to join mapvote, and vote on map. Since these were not real players there would be no way for them to actually vote.
The logic improvement improves calculation of vote percentages as it should now only consider real human players. (sorry bots)
Don't broadcast already voted map
Players voting the same map twice won't broadcast to all players. This was previosely abused by players to spam the chat. Instead of broadcast the voter gets a message that they already voted so they know their vote was already registered.
Improved Assault compatibility
The 2 parts of assault matches now work. Part 1 red team attacks blue team defends and part 2 the attack defend roles as swapped.
This is done by letting the assault gametype control the ending of the match. Mapvote will then reset the assault properties so the next match can start cleanly.
warning If assault game is interrupted, the next assault game will not be properly reset and a dummy game must be played for assault to work properly again.
Subclasses of Botpack.Assault (such ass league assault) are supported.
Always handle MonsterHunt end
Fixed a bug where was a bug where MapVote interface would never show up at the end of MonsterHunt games. The issue here was MapVote wrongly checking for tie between players in monster hunt games.
Improved JailBreak compatibility
Players that rejoined during a JailBreak could not vote because of how the player detection was implemented. This is now fixed by having player detection run in a timer loop, so at fixed intervals the server checks and adds players to the mapvote who were previosely not added. This ensures that all players can vote.
Configurable Shutdown on travel
When the match ends and the next match is being set up by MapVote, there is now an option for MapVote to exit the server process. This can be used for more advanced server control script to essentially have 1 process per match and allows logs to be separated by match.
1. GameConfigs count raised to 512 from 63. Unfortunately there many hardcode about two digits, so really usable only first 99 of it. Possible need reduce limit to it.
1) Admin tab blowed up with 512 items on it.
2. Add option Tickrate for each GameConfig. And DefaultTickRate globally. But not sure if change on fly tickrate applied on map change. Anyway be request of it.
3. Add option ServerActors for each GameConfig, which allow spawn some actors, without try add it to Mutator list, as do option Mutators.
4. Add option bAvoidRandom for each GameConfig. Done in really dumb way. Random still same, but if pick game mode which forbidden random restart. Up to 1024 times.
5. Map vote track found maps (list of 16384 maps) and use this for determine which maps add last. After that 32 of last map appear on list, visible by default. So if add some new maps on server, it is good promoted.
Possible this stuff bugged. Known possible issues:
1) if you use some filtration of map list, wrong list of new maps.
2) If you turn this option on, map vote not able know what maps is last, so you need reorder M array manually if you want proper order for previous data.
3) Config files really huge.
Also found we lost some improvemnt. Work on restore it.
- add script (windows) for make list of maps by modified date. For first use in Ini file.