WORM or StuffSwapper?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
David_OSU
Novice

WORM or StuffSwapper?

Post by David_OSU »

I've been using WORM for a while to mixup weapons and items from different mods and mutators. I recently came across StuffSwapper, which is similar.

Which one is better, WORM or StuffSwapper? I know how to add items to WORM by creating PlugIn INT files, but adding things to StuffSwapper might be more difficult. StuffSwapper can change out the ammotype for each weapon, but WORM can't. Anyone used both and has an opinion?
fast586
Novice

Re: WORM or StuffSwapper?

Post by fast586 »

I've used WORM in the past and had some problems with it. So I started using Stuffswapper instead, which is quite easy to work with. You import into Stuffswapper the various packages (the .u files) for sniper rifles for example. Then they show up in Stuffswapper and can be used. StuffSwapper installs like any other mutator you're using on your server (or client). If using it on a server, the entry has to go in the either the UnrealTournament.ini or server.in (whichever you use), [Engine.GameEngine] section. If using on a client, just add StuffSwapper to your MOD/Mutator startup list. If you're using StuffSwapper for adding custom weapons, make sure you don't try to use any other type of weapon mutator, along with StuffSwapper or it will invariably fail.

Importing packages into StuffSwapper involves dropping all the StuffSwapper files into your UT system directory. Then what I do is create a shortcut to StuffImporter.exe and place it on my desktop. I think once you start to use it, you'll like it. You can also use StuffSwapper for compiling/decompiling your packages if you're into modding. :tu:

~{MFD}~Kevster
David_OSU
Novice

Re: WORM or StuffSwapper?

Post by David_OSU »

Thanks for the info, fast586.

I went ahead and installed StuffSwapper, so I have both available. I haven't used it much yet, but plan to soon.
I did find a good tutorial on it here.