Save multiple mutators configurations?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Virgile
Average

Save multiple mutators configurations?

Post by Virgile »

Hi, I was wondering: has anyone released a mutator or mod that allows you to retain different configurations and not just one as the game allows by default?
Thanks for your answers.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Save multiple mutators configurations?

Post by sektor2111 »

This was a question for me too but... I went to solve it in my silent mode.
The sample: SwarmSpawn by LoathSome (R.I.P.) was/is one of tools often used. The thing with issues was for a multi-server - how to setup two configurations without to have any pain. One game mod using 1 Monster, other game mod 16 types, another game mod multiple types (team types). Another game-type used has another required specific configuration.
What did I do ?
I recompiled (with tiny changes) this mutator into other three pieces having three requested configurations. They are not have dependencies each-other, they are separate things with separate configurations and loaded only what is needed when is needed - with a small delay. Why delaying their load ? Allow main game tools to hack tweak Level first in order to gain initialization of these things AFTER injecting Nodes targeted by these tools.
Virgile
Average

Post by Virgile »

Would you be able to explain to me concretely how to go about doing this? It's an interesting alternative if a regular player knows how to do it. x)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

For a Server clearly are needed some advanced tasks - even a bit of coding. If a PLAYER has multiple options - regular player - he/she can use multiple UnrealTournament.ini/User.ini files that are going into client depending on which server wants to play. Usually these configs can be copied automatically using batch files.
Let's call imagination - Player:
- I want in Server A to record game using original DemoRecord driver;
- I want in Server B to record game using Another driver.
These TWO files having set separate demo drivers can be where they have to. Two batch commands added on desktop can manage to copy required INI into System Folder where UT client is being used (installed).
Like that - it's an example if I understood the problem correctly.

For a server having a mutator that needs to have two options for two game-types I solved problem as I explained above - coding some "copy-mutators" with separate configurations...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:31 pm For a server having a mutator that needs to have two options for two game-types I solved problem as I explained above - coding some "copy-mutators" with separate configurations...
You can also change settings in one Mutator/Game Controller by using SetPropertyText().
Example:

Code: Select all

if (GetSBBaseMutator())
{
	if (class'SharedCode'.static.SetPropertyInt(SBBaseMutator, "MonsterScaleHealth", 0))
		PatchCount++;
	if (class'SharedCode'.static.SetPropertyInt(SBBaseMutator, "MonsterScaleDifficulty", 0))
		PatchCount++;
}
SetPropertyInt() is just an encapsulation for SetPropertyText() where the property is an integer.)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett