Pulserifle shoot rockets mutator ...search request!!

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Pulserifle shoot rockets mutator ...search request!!

Post by papercoffee »

Search request !!!

I know there was a mutator what changes the Pulsrifle to a Rocket rifle ...I lost this peace of insanity and want it back. (and maybe I modify the mutator to something more insane)
do someone know this mutator and can me point to the right direction where I can download it?
:help:
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Re: Pulserifle shoot rockets mutator ...search request!!

Post by robin13 »

papercoffee wrote:Search request !!!

I know there was a mutator what changes the Pulsrifle to a Rocket rifle ...I lost this peace of insanity and want it back. (and maybe I modify the mutator to something more insane)
do someone know this mutator and can me point to the right direction where I can download it?
:help:
durrr,you could make your own. how about get the pulserifle script,modify the projectile. (basicaly how you modify the ripper to shoot rockets,basic scripting. Really really basic.) and rockets suck,use redeemer missles for it. or razorblades. (with a tight hallway its a massacre.)
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Bloeb
Experienced

Post by Bloeb »

You could change the projectile-class for the pulsegun. It's one of the few weapons where this actually works.

Code: Select all

function bool AlwaysKeep(Actor Other)
{
	if(Other.IsA('PulseGun'))
		Other.ProjectileClass = Class'Botpack.RocketMk2';

if ( NextMutator != None ) return ( NextMutator.AlwaysKeep(Other) );

return false;
}
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I don't know how to make something like this ...so what do I have to do with that script??
Bloeb
Experienced

Post by Bloeb »

You can use the code to compile your own mutator.

I've compiled a simple mutator which replaces the PulseGun with a PulseGun that shoots Rockets.
PulseRockets.zip
UT PulseRockets Mutator
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Woah ....thank you, I DL it later @ home. Then I check the Mutator and the original PulseGun script ...maybe I see how is it done.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I have checked the mutator it self.
You says 4 post ago "It's one of the few weapons where this actually works." which weapons are the others?
And why is it only with them possible?
robin13
Experienced
Personal rank: NaliSlayer

Post by robin13 »

papercoffee wrote:I have checked the mutator it self.
You says 4 post ago "It's one of the few weapons where this actually works." which weapons are the others?
Ripper,pulserifle,rocket launcher,flak alternate ammo,and all other guns who dont use instant hit ammo. (you cant give minigun/pistol/sniper another ammo class because they dont have one,they are instant hit thus you dont see any projectile flying from your weapon.) now that i think of it,in unreal 1 it was possible to change automag projectile. i think it has something to do with Binstanthit: True,in weapon properties. (there's a option something like that,if you change it to false your able to change the projectile of almost any gun. but i havent used it for a while so i could be wrong.)

in short,all weapons without Binstanthit: true are able to change projectile. (correct me if im wrong.)
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon Bonaparte
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

You can still add projectile code to them. Consider the sniper rifle, you see the instant hit bullet yet it also spawns a class called MTracer to show the bullet path. Any weapon can use any projectile with a minimum of code work.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Bloeb
Experienced

Post by Bloeb »

It's only possible with the weapons that actually use ProjectileClass and AltProjectileClass properties. You could change the weapon-code, but that's not what my mutator does. I don't remember exactly which weapons, but you can test that yourself.
robin13 wrote:
Ripper,pulserifle,rocket launcher,flak alternate ammo,and all other guns who dont use instant hit ammo. (you cant give minigun/pistol/sniper another ammo class because they dont have one,they are instant hit thus you dont see any projectile flying from your weapon.) now that i think of it,in unreal 1 it was possible to change automag projectile. i think it has something to do with Binstanthit: True,in weapon properties. (there's a option something like that,if you change it to false your able to change the projectile of almost any gun. but i havent used it for a while so i could be wrong.)

in short,all weapons without Binstanthit: true are able to change projectile. (correct me if im wrong.)
You're wrong, for most weapons simply changing the ProjectileClass or AltProjectileClass won't work. They're fixed within the weapon-code. Offcourse it's stilll possible to subclass the weapons and change the code to spawn different projectiles, but that's not what my mutator does.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

It's still a simple matter to edit this yourself though. All weapons, even instant hit, have the same base fire/alt fire coding. Swapping projectile code is pretty simple stuff.

@papercoffee: If you don't find what you want, let me know and I'll whip you whatever you wanted up.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

The PulseRocket Rifle is pretty neat ...a little bit overpowered but fun to play.
ok I try a weapon by my self now ...hm something like a ripper-shockrifle combo ... :mrgreen: where the alternate fire of the SR is the main fire of the ripper. :loool:
Jeganello
Novice

Post by Jeganello »

I liked that mutator too. Adds hilarious tweak to the whole gameplay.
The only thing that annoys me: the alt-fire. Same as the original. As long as I play with bots, they use altfire too often and it destroys the idea of the mutator.
After these many years, I would like to ask you to modify the mutator, so the primary and secondary gunfire would be the same - rocket projectiles.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Jeganello wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:54 pm...
Last post was Jan 18, 2011

Please avoid necrobumping of long dead threads without a good reason.
You can ask your question in a new thread and reference to this old thread.
Thank you.

EDIT---------------------------------------------------------
After a short discussion I decided to reopen this thread.
Jeganello's questions are valid.
The Bots indeed don't like to use the primary shot when in midrange.
Has someone a solution?
=UNCLOSED=