MoreBlood update - Preview pics & Release

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

MoreBlood update - Preview pics & Release

Post by MrLoathsome »

Update now ready for download. Posted in the New Downloads section here:
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3250

In addition to another round of performance optimizations and bug fixes, the new version will
also include a few new features:

1. Full support for greenblooded monsters. Drops and splat decals.
2. Option to set greenblood as default for Pupae and/or Slith.
3. Better optional death effect. (A version of the BloodyMess effect being used.)
4. 29 new blood splat decals. For a total of 39 being used.

Found some old CS files that had a bunch of blood splats in .vtf files.
No clue who the original creator of them was.....
Exported them to .tga files, then resized them and reduced color depth to 8-bit and saved
as .pcx files for use with the MoreBlood mutator. Most of them ended up under 10k in size.

Here is a pic of the decals in UED, and then a couple shot of them in action on one of my servers.

Screenshots:

Last edited by MrLoathsome on Fri May 27, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blarg
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: MoreBlood update - Preview pics

Post by papercoffee »

They look good ...only the default leaking blood splat looks now totally out of place.
For the original creator of the gore pack from CS ...You may ask at http://www.gamebanana.com maybe someone knows it there. (it's a place stuffed with mods and skins mostly for CS and CSS)
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Re: MoreBlood update - Preview pics

Post by MrLoathsome »

Agree that the animated blood pool doesn't quite match up. However that will remain optional. May set to off in default ini.

I also decided that the default UT splats looked out of place with that. I have managed to get the mutator to
replace all of those with the new ones. Current version supports the OldSkool decals, but I am going to release 2 versions
of it.

I managed to contact the most excellent original creator of the CS mods where most of these came from and got the following
reply from him:
Hello,

Yes, you can use and tweak the blood textures.

Thanks,
-dDefinder
Did a few more decals also, so this will now feature 42 new splats. (84 if you count the green versions)
At least "new" for UT.

I decided the default blood drops were also a poor match for these decals. Just too bright red. I think I spent
more time trying to get new versions of those made that didn't look horrible, and would work with the default
blood mesh/model in UT. I wasn't real happy with the result there, but it is a bit better than the defaults.

Another little issue cropped up, which has delayed the release of this. The antique and great client side only
mutator DecalStay.

Turns out good ol DecalStay, would replace all my new decals with the default UT ones. This was of course
an unacceptable situation.

So this will be bundled with a custom version of DecalStay that supports all the new decals.
(I can't even track down who is the author of that, but will include the tweaked version of that
excellent mutator. No changes were needed to it other than adding support for the new decals.)

A very nice side effect of this will be, you can turn on DecalStay and play any game, online or off, and it
will replace all the bloodsplat decals with the new ones.

Here is a shot of the final textures MoreBlood will be using:

Hope to have release ready very soon.
blarg
MrLoathsome
Inhuman

Re: MoreBlood update - Preview pics & Release

Post by MrLoathsome »

This has been released. Posted in the New Downloads section. See link at top of this thread.
blarg
iloveut99
Skilled

Re: MoreBlood update - Preview pics & Release

Post by iloveut99 »

I tried it and it's fun. :)