Weapon mutators

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Weapon mutators

Post by EvilGrins »

KeeperUTX wrote:Firstly, thank you very very very very...... very much. :wink:
Not a problem.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

is this rediculous Redeemer available for download?.. Also the Zombies thing.. is there mod for them or do you need to manually add them to maps?

be kinda cool to have them start off under graves (mounds of dirt or Tombstones) depending on the ground texture not sure. then rising up. Also as an ending effect after they kill people they could devour them / rip them to bits. lmao.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=1622

RidiculousDeemer.RidiculousDeemerArena
Made by gopostal. Why? Just because.

I hope it brings you a smile.

I've spent the last couple of years modding deemers and trying to be serious about the whole thing. On occasion I've used other meshes to test things out but it wasn't until Papercoffee mentioned making a mod around that idea that it occured to me to try.

There are 21 various "projectiles" the deemer will fire. Some are (a little) serious, some are silly, all are....odd in their own way. I'd post a video explanation but it would just ruin it for you. Load up a smallish map, add a few bots, and then watch the shit fly like you have never seen :D

PS: Don't forget there's an alt-fire too :BSEG:

The explosions are smaller and less powerful than regular redeemer so this works on default maps and smaller, tighter DM-ish layouts. It's somewhere around a titan gun or mercury missile.

Don't bitch about things that are wrong. This whole project was done in a day and it shows it. I included the source though and you are welcome to add more "ammo" if this strikes you as fun. I did server test the mod and it's all good, though I have no idea why anyone would run this on a server :P

Happy holidays everyone! I hope it's your best one ever.

Kelly
"gopostal"

thanks to Papercoffee for the nudge and to Ferali for helping me sort the dud out (you'll see).

"You know the rules and so do I.
A full commitment’s what I’m thinking of,
You wouldnt get this from any other guy."

- Astley
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Wises wrote:... Also the Zombies thing.. is there mod for them or do you need to manually add them to maps?
be kinda cool to have them start off under graves (mounds of dirt or Tombstones) depending on the ground texture not sure. then rising up. Also as an ending effect after they kill people they could devour them / rip them to bits. lmao.
Here is where the latest "Zombies thing" can be obtained: http://ecoop.tk/load/twt_zombies_update ... 5/1-1-0-44

That is the version of TWT_Zombies that Jack(gopostal) tweaked and optimized for his ATypicalMall map.
Then I got a hold of it, and tweaked em a bit more.

I am thinking they would do exactly what you ask for there if you put them in a map under a dirt or tombstone type decoration.

The ending effect, would require a bit more coding.....
blarg
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I've mentioned this gun before, the weirdest one ever: Teigan Gun!

Has an Arena mutator and a simple Weapons Replacement, think with the Rocket Launcher.

Primary Fire: Shoots a single Teigan that hits with explosive force.
Alt Fire: Shoots a bunch of Teigans that bounce once and then explode all over the place.

Files attached!
Attachments
TeiganMute.zip
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Hehe this looks funny, thanks for share this weapon ;P
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:ScriptLog: Mutators TeiganMute.TeiganArena
ScriptLog: Add mutator TeiganMute.TeiganArena
Warning: Failed to load 'TeiganGun': Can't find file for package 'TeiganGun'
Warning: Failed to load 'TeiganMute': Can't find file for package 'TeiganGun'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class TeiganMute.TeiganArena': Can't find file for package 'TeiganGun'

missing a file in the zip ?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Is there maybe a Pupae launcher out there, (where you can guide them into the direction of your enemy)? ...something like the Spider Gun from UT2k4
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

medor wrote:ScriptLog: Mutators TeiganMute.TeiganArena
ScriptLog: Add mutator TeiganMute.TeiganArena
Warning: Failed to load 'TeiganGun': Can't find file for package 'TeiganGun'
Warning: Failed to load 'TeiganMute': Can't find file for package 'TeiganGun'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class TeiganMute.TeiganArena': Can't find file for package 'TeiganGun'

missing a file in the zip ?
Hmmmm, there may be a texture file with that. Thought the Teigan was an unknown skin that came with ut99 originally; there's a few of those. Hang on.

Okay, new file attached.
Attachments
TeiganMuteFix.zip
(9.53 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Working fine :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

medor wrote:Working fine :tu:
It shoots exploding women.
It may be working now but I'm not sure fine is the right word.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

papercoffee wrote:Is there maybe a Pupae launcher out there, (where you can guide them into the direction of your enemy)? ...something like the Spider Gun from UT2k4
Wonder if Loathsome is up for converting an old Unreal weapon :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

MOD DESCRIPTION: An alien facehugger, Unreal-style.  

ITEM DESCRIPTIONS:      
Name: Alien  
Summon Command: alien.alien  
Ammo Type: Stinger Ammo  
Model: Pupae  
Sounds: Misc. Unreal sounds.  
Primary Fire: Fires a "facehugger" at enemy.  If it hits an enemy, they die after three seconds, spawning one or two pupae.  
Alternate Fire: Rapid fire acid spit.  
Bugs: Untested in online play; will the pupae spawn?  

Comments:  

The pupae attacks anything in sight until it dies, so don't stand too close when firing!   
The weapon's aim is also a little off, but altfire is basically a "spray-and-pray" type thing, anyway. 
The pupae used as the weapon's model blocks a lot of the view, especially on the sides.  Except while firing, though. 
It still works in Unreal 227i amazingly.
Most of the old odd-ball weapons like the fish, rabbit, bee and bird guns don't work now :(

I used to have a UT gun that fired tiny little brutes like grenades. They grunted every time they bounced. Very funny.
There was also a UT cross-bow that fired hollow arrows. You would gradually shrink until you died, as steam came out the end of the arrows.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:Is there maybe a Pupae launcher out there, (where you can guide them into the direction of your enemy)? ...something like the Spider Gun from UT2k4
I've never edited a weapon before, though I edited an .int file for one that didn't have one once, and I'm tempted to try it on this. Sounds like a simple switch for the projectile, maybe an edit of the Bunny Bomber.
Dr.Flay wrote:There was also a UT cross-bow that fired hollow arrows. You would gradually shrink until you died, as steam came out the end of the arrows.
There's a variation of that, actually. A replacement weapon for the Pulse Rifle called the Shrinker. I don't recall if it actually killed you if you got tiny enough but it was a very fun usage.

Haven't used it in years, it kinda had a tendency to crash the game. Then again, that was on one of my older computers years ago.

Give it a try!
Attachments
Shrinker.zip
(59.78 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Dr.Flay wrote:
Wonder if Loathsome is up for converting an old Unreal weapon :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

MOD DESCRIPTION: An alien facehugger, Unreal-style.  
Bugs: Untested in online play; will the pupae spawn?  
Interesting. The thought of a pupae gun of some type has crossed my mind from time to time, but I never did anything with it.
Is this "Untested" alien gun mod available for download anywhere?

I had always thought that the pupae gun should be fairly short-range, and fire the pupae in a slow arc like secondary flak shots, but a bit slower, so you can see the pupae fly.

Secondary shot for that gun should be a longer range faster thingy, that spawns several pupae when it lands.
-------
Just had an idea for a new gun while reading this.

The SeedGun. Fires seeds. Single shot like the sniper, but slightly quicker fire rate and slightly slower projectiles.
It should be based on the sniper gun and have a scope.
Missed shots would bounce around and linger for a bit before fading away so you could tell you were shooting seeds....

If you kill somebody with it, 2 or 3 NaliFruit plants grow at the carcass location.
Last edited by MrLoathsome on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
blarg
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

MrLoathsome wrote:
Wises wrote:... Also the Zombies thing.. is there mod for them or do you need to manually add them to maps?
Here is where the latest "Zombies thing" can be obtained: http://ecoop.tk/load/twt_zombies_update ... 5/1-1-0-44

That is the version of TWT_Zombies that Jack(gopostal) tweaked and optimized for his ATypicalMall map.
Then I got a hold of it, and tweaked em a bit more.

I am thinking they would do exactly what you ask for there if you put them in a map under a dirt or tombstone type decoration.

The ending effect, would require a bit more coding.....
Thank You mate. shall have a looksee at this one. maybe edit i think beholden map.. has a graveyard ;)