Portal Gun

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Portal Gun

Post by EvilGrins »

Spotted this earlier today...
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=194613
...and downloaded it without giving it much thought.

I had one of the previous versions of the Portal Gun, which is a weapon mutator from the game Portals which I've never played. The concept is simple enough, for anyone that's ever read a Doctor Strange comic in the early 1970's or various other comicbook references I could supply.

The one I already had (PortalGunFTW) basically did this:

The one on the left is the 'in' the one on the right is the 'out'. Very fun gun, only lethal in creative telefrags or dropping a portal in somebody else's path and popping the exit way up high in the sky.

That and the portals look really cool!

I don't know what specifically gopostal was referring to in regards to server crashes...other than that. He didn't mention the specifics but ultimately that doesn't much matter. His version looks like this:

Not so cool looking but it works about the same.

Anyway, he wrote it as a .u file without an accompanying .int file, setting it up just for summons as he says in the included ReadMe. I've never written an .int for a .u before but if it's as easy as this was then I may have to do it more often.

Personally, I still prefer the one I had before but then I've never tried it on a server...though I have played with it on somebody or other's MonsterHunt server without any notable issues.

Enjoy!
Attachments
Portal Guns.zip
(971.68 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hitman
Adept

Re: Portal Gun

Post by Hitman »

The first one crashes the server when you use it for MH so skip that one,The second one I use on my MH if some player have a hard time on BT-parts .
Here is the inf-line

[Public]
Object=(Name=PortalGunV3.PortalMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="PortalGunV3")
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hitman wrote:The first one crashes the server when you use it for MH so skip that one,The second one I use on my MH if some player have a hard time on BT-parts .
Here is the inf-line

[Public]
Object=(Name=PortalGunV3.PortalMut,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="PortalGunV3")
I've used the first one in MH, and seen it on MH servers, every so often. I've never seen it crash the game...

...although, I largely only use it in Deathmatch regardless.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

The reason the first one can crash it is that it was not made for monsters to use it,witch they do=crash