RCCAM

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
UT99.org

RCCAM

Post by UT99.org »

pcfreak1997 wrote:Well, I'm new here. I am a HUGE FAN of ut, but thats beside the point. I am looking for a rc camera, something like the translocam, but movable, able to basically survey the area before a player advances.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: RCCAM

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome to UT99.org...

What exactly do you want?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

pcfreak1997 wrote:Well, I saw this rc car mod that lets you deploy a rc car with a camera, but its for UT3, but I was wondering, there's a translocam right? Well, why cant there be an rc car mod that lets you survey your next checkpoint?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

hm ...maybe something using the redeemer guided view...
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

lol I think you'd most likely want a rc-helicopter with a spy cam in this case ..
seeming as the car/land based vehicle would encounter untold hurdles/blocks/stairs and water..
not a bad idea.. however as irl it should perhaps crash the burn if it collides with any other actor/mover/thing witnin the map. And perhaps have some kind of fuel/battery source..

perhaps .. instead of looking to the redeemer for the lrnse option.. try the free looking spectator option ;)

I mean could that be tapped into.. somehow to be the eyes of the cam?.. possibly fisheye lensr it and narroe the apperture somewhat to look more like a spycam even. Only with an opacitised opton to reveal the surroundings in such covert ops type activity.

;)
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

@ Wises
pcfreak1997 posted the last time on Thu Oct 27, 2011... and had only 2 posts at all.
I don't think he will ever answer or come back to read your resurrection of a dead thread.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

lawl sorry mate I was posting more in respect to the concept more then anything.. I have read over the years in many forums a similar concept in which the same technique has been mentioned.. redeemer class..

so I wanted to add a slightly different solution to this "Perceived Perplex Pre-Conception :) *Say that 7 times fast with a lollie in ya mouth

on another note

:idea: probably more suited to forum makers then this particular forum. But is there already existing one such mod for Necro_Bumping?

was thinking .. a small php script which detects how old a post is prior to a new post .. if the post is older then preset configurations ,filter it into 1,2-even 3 different archives based on the age of the post :highfive:

Detecting that it is indeed a 'Necro Bump' and not displaying it on the Front news page.. but rather sending it to a new heading all of its own .. named ironically 'Enough.. *Necro Bumps* :D

I know there's already one for the Double Posts caper ;)

combined with that one above there would not be a need for you to have to.. check every post etc :???:

anyway yes.. sorry bout that.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=149
12. Do NOT post in threads which are 2 weeks old or older ("necrobumping"), unless you have something useful to add or a pertinent question to make.
The rule itself says why we don't archive topics nor posts older than X. It's ok to necro-bump topics if there's actual new info to add, or *pertinent* questions to make, but if it's only to say "thank you" or "nice" or simply bump it or something along those lines (in another words, something useless to who's reading the topic itself), then it's not ok to necro-bump it.

I'm not scolding you btw, just explaining why we don't like necro and why we don't archive topics.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

understood :)

Cheers.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:You speak about that ? Translocam http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... slocam.rar