A couple of questions

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

A couple of questions

Post by UTNerd24 »

Before I begin I would just like to apologize for being such a pain in the neck in the past.

Ok. Here goes...

Feralidragon: In your weapons pack Jets (Final Weapons) I noticed you have some fully functional weapons that aren't used. Where you planning on making this a full weapon pack? or is it just a bonus?

Saya-Chan: What were you planning to do with the Nekrodero? Do you by any chance have a public release?

Feralidragon: I noticed a bug in Nali Weapons II X. I've set all the mega weapons to appear but only the Redeemer appears. What's wrong here?

Saya-Chan: How is Zanaveth Ultra suite 2 going?

Feralidragon: On an SP Map I wan't to use a disarmable Megaton as a prop. How do I set it's time to 99:99?

Saya-Chan: You said that you did the voices of the Angels Of Death. What exactly are you saying? The only one I could understand is "Flames, Nothing but flames burning."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now some questions for everyone else:

Is Marathon|Rampancy based on a real game?

What is a mod that you think is underrated?

Is anyone available for my requests?

What do the Titans and Hellspeed relics do in PSI weapons?

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by UTNerd24 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: A couple of questions

Post by papercoffee »

UTNerd24 wrote: Nali Weapons IIX.
WTF??? NW 8 ???? And Roman counting is totally wrong too.

III = 3
IV = 4
V = 5
VIII = 8
:loool:

Sorry I don't want to bother you ...got too much coffee. :mrgreen:

BTT:
UTNerd24 wrote: What is a mod that you think is underrated?
UT-Rockets is the most underrated Mutator/Mod.
Nearly no one knows UT-Rockets
Every weapon is replaced with a different Rocket Launcher from Seeking Rocket Who can automatically hunt your enemy down, over a Magma Rocket, to a Sniper Rocket with the fastest Rocket ever... etc.
Really cool stuff.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

papercoffee wrote:
WTF??? NW 8 ???? And Roman counting is totally wrong too.

III = 3
IV = 4
V = 5
VIII = 8
:loool:

Sorry I don't want to bother you ...got too much coffee. :mrgreen:

BTT:
UTNerd24 wrote: What is a mod that you think is underrated?
UT-Rockets is the most underrated Mutator/Mod.
Nearly no one knows UT-Rockets
Every weapon is replaced with a different Rocket Launcher from Seeking Rocket Who can automatically hunt your enemy down, over a Magma Rocket, to a Sniper Rocket with the fastest Rocket ever... etc.
Really cool stuff.

OOPS! Thanks for pointing that out. :ironic2:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:
WTF??? NW 8 ????
Yes, that's the one where it blows up every house on the block except yours. Not so good if you're in real estate.

Only slightly worse is NW9, which blows up the entire planet Earth. I advise moving to the Moon before playing.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

People generally say "NW IIX" instead of the correct "NW II X" or "NW2X" or "NW 2 X". The "X" in the end was basically the last version of NW2 with many fixes, performance boosts, stability, some visual enhancements and a new weapon lol

@UTNerd: Next time you do those many questions, instead of alternating them, make a paragraph for one person, then another for another person, and number them out to be easier, like now you looked like a "questions minigun" lol :lol2:

* Jets: That was pretty much the very first thing I made for UT and therefore it's the most noobish thing I ever made. Not only that, but the jet in there was done by another dev (to which I gave proper credits to the ReadMe and mod description), and most weapons have dependencies/need ChaosUT and U4E weapon packs installed in order to even work (which sucks).
That pack was planned to be a "super weapons pack". I got tired to always looking for good weapon mods with good super weapons, but I never found any, so I did it myself, and that's how everything started modding wise from me (even before NW1). So yeah, it's a pack with some weapons called "final weapons" which were meant to replace the redeemer, but they are everything but final LOL :lol2: (they really suck)

* NW2X mega weapons bug: Right now, idk to be honest. The redeemer should be replaced, unless you're running other mods/mutators in it as well. I need more info for that one.

* Megaton: I think you cannot set it up to that value, I think the max is 99:59 or 59:59 (I don't remember well). But at the time I thought in SP as well, and it's very easy to setup a Megaton:
1 - Add a Megaton from: Actor -> Projectile -> MegaTonOMFG (yeah, it's really called that way, don't ask me why lol);
2 - Select the MegaTonOMFG, right click for properties and go down to MegatonOMFG, and setup:
a) TimeToBlow: This the *total* countdown time in seconds;
b) NukePassword: It has 3 fields, in each one you put a number between 0 and 9.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

1. It was never planned to act like it acted. I was just bored and exaggerated its effects a bit. The real thing is different, but still follows the same idea: Just a full body explosion due to an increase in temperature and fluid pressure inside the body. I don't do public releases of individual weapons.

2. On indefinite hold, at the moment I only have two weapon models finished. I have other things to care about, like Real Life™ or my third hard drive dying just like the others I've had.

3. I just started mumbling gibberish in the mic, nothing else. If you understood that, you have a very sick and twisted mind.

---

Let me answer the rest of the questions, please:

1. Marathon is a real game saga by the creators of Halo (Bungie, not M$). It's yet another 2.5D game, in the style of System Shock 1.

2. I agree with papercoffee on this one. I like Rockets UT (and many other of Wormbo's mods).

3. I don't take requests, but I might just use your ideas as a base for something else (giving credit to you, of course)

4. Their code seems to be unfinished. So they actually do nothing useful.

---

Other: The naming for Nali Weapons II X reminds me of the naming for Final Fantasy X-2, only in reverse. Just sayin'...
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Thanks for answering the questions! :tu:

Saya-Chan and Feralidragon, You two are the reasons Unreal Tournament is still alive today.
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

UTNerd24 wrote:Saya-Chan and Feralidragon, You two are the reasons Unreal Tournament is still alive today.
[youtube]gvdf5n-zI14[/youtube]yeah I know... overused video and all that...
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Saya-chan wrote:
UTNerd24 wrote:Saya-Chan and Feralidragon, You two are the reasons Unreal Tournament is still alive today.
Aw...Come on! You're mods are pretty good!
Saya-chan
Adept

Post by Saya-chan »

Oh, come on... I'm not that great.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Saya-chan wrote: 2. I agree with papercoffee on this one. I like Rockets UT (and many other of Wormbo's mods).
I played it yesterday with Bots combined with the damage mutator (less self damage) ....WOOOHOOO ... I played 5 hours in a row.
He improved it well with the version 1.1 :loool:
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

I may have to try Rockets again - I have always loved playing with the rocket launcher.
Probably my favorite weapon in UT. :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777