[Updated] GotchaBitch (GotchaBitch_v2)

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: GotchaBitch

Post by papercoffee »

Qwerty wrote:Fun mutator!
House Rules
12. Do NOT post in threads which are 2 weeks old or older ("necrobumping"), unless you have something useful to add or a pertinent question to make.
I'm sure you want to edit your post... right?
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

sorry i havent read the rules since this place opened. I wonder what the big deal is? I was just showing some love for a good alternative mod to disgraced.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Qwerty wrote:I wonder what the big deal is?
It is written in the "house rules". (I dont know them in detail as well *caught*)
THAT is the deal. It is not always a good idea to question anything. :tongue:
Every forum has his own special rules in most cases. Just follow them, if you get referred to them.
I did not see in the first moments this is a bumped thread at all until I took an arrow to the knee.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Those rules are a good part of what make this forum still a nice place to discuss UT1 itself while not getting flooded with trolls, offtopic content and useless posts like in some other communities. They are there for a good reason. :wink:
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

nice mod indeed by the looks of it. I will install 2morrow on servers.
question does this come with some kind of voice over? like revenge/humiliation? tbh I don't like the later (humy1)
be nice to have in these kinds of mods.. some custom .ini settings.. like;
custom message
custom sound.uax
...for both hammer/tele individually?

that would make something like this highly diversifiable

do you think this could be a reality?.. for added complexity.. you could even have a small soundspack.uax with various funny voiceovers and custom .ini message displays.. for any future ventures.

again nice work and weldone.

also.. welcome to the forums.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Thank you. I might make a new version eventually but this was a very simple mutator. I got the voice clip from a CounterStrike Source mod. I'll note those ideas Wises.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

cheers buddy.. just curious. but would you be in support of us getting you or ferali to perhaps make a little coding tuyorial out of this one perhaps i'm kean to learn these aspects of mod making esp referencing external files from .ini files for concepts described above.

tested and very weldone btw. thank you.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Re: [Updated] GotchaBitch (GotchaBitch_v2)

Been awhile but decided to update this old mutator. Will add more configurations in the future.

EDIT:
// v2 Changed: Using 'damagetypes' instead of 'weaponclasses' to trigger gotchabitch.
// v2 Changed: Using function 'bool preventdeath' instead of 'scorekill'.
// v2 Added: Configurable booleans for specific melee weapons.
// Future WIP: Configurable bonus for gotchabitch kills and if awarded will not exceed fraglimit.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:Been awhile but decided to update this old mutator. Will add more configurations in the future.

EDIT:
// v2 Changed: Using 'damagetypes' instead of 'weaponclasses' to trigger gotchabitch.
// v2 Changed: Using function 'bool preventdeath' instead of 'scorekill'.
// v2 Added: Configurable booleans for specific melee weapons.
// Future WIP: Configurable bonus for gotchabitch kills and if awarded will not exceed fraglimit.
Oh a second version ...nice! Bonus points for melee kills, what should be the default value?
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

papercoffee wrote:
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote: // Future WIP: Configurable bonus for gotchabitch kills and if awarded will not exceed fraglimit.
Oh a second version ...nice! Bonus points for melee kills, what should be the default value?
I was gonna include the bonus points version of my WIP in v2 but decided to wait. I just
haven't really decided if I want to allow the admin to decide how many points to award.
I'm actually thinking of just hard coding it to only allow 1 additional frag bonus and not
giving the admin the opportunity to adjust because part of me thinks it would be over kill.

There are other mods out there like revenge that allow bonus frags and could you imagine
a 30 fraglimit game ending to damn fast because of so many bonus options say revenge on
top of a gotchabitch bonus and yay i got 4 frags for one kill. Like I said, it would be just over kill.

I think it would be best to allow a bonus to be true or false but not to be beyond one bonus frag honestly.