MapvoteLAv2 release

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Acid.OMG
Adept
Personal rank: XFIRE: mmmmtoasty

Re: MapvoteLAv2 release

Post by Acid.OMG »

dkremod wrote:anything on youtube, showing this mod in action? ????
Not much action to show with a mapvote... Best thing to do is install and test it locally
[/Awesome]
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Destroyer! It's good to see you still poking about after all this time. I saw this and figured I'd better say hello before you get hostname banned.

How have you been my old friend? BTW, this is gopostal in case you didn't know. I use this account here (you can google the name if you really want to see what it is). I want you to know I did try to catch up with you on youtube but your account was shut down. Did someone complain about your pirated UT work or was it some of your other videos? Anyway you dropped off and I didn't see you for a while and assumed you moved on.

Drop me an email and I'll send you the source code for this as well as anything else you might want to tear apart and bastardize. We never liked each other but dammit you are very entertaining and I enjoyed watching you stir the UT pot. It looks like you are still up to old tricks by your post in Ferali's thread so I'm assuming you probably won't last the day. I do hope you get to read this reply though. I often wondered if you were doing OK while I was sick. The stuff they gave me made me semi-delirious and it would have been fun to chat you while it was going on. We might have made sense to each other ;)

Anyways D, hope all is good with you. Try to at least make it a couple of days on the forum and not ruffle too many feathers. On the off chance you are not going to make it through today let me toss one at you for old times sake:

Your jet sucked.

Love you bro! Have a good day!!
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Last post from Bloeb : Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:20 pm
dkremod wrote:anything on youtube, showing this mod in action? ????
Please avoid necro bumps without any good reason.
sn260591
Average

Post by sn260591 »

Hello, I have made changes in MapvoteLAv2. Can I release a new version as a MapvoteLAv21?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Everything that has my name on it is always open for anyone to do anything they want with it, no permissions needed or credits to me involved. Have at it but with the caveat that Mapvote was not my code. I asked the original maker several times for permission but never got a reply. I'm not normally one to decompile mods and post the source but mapvote is used by everyone and should be community property if the maker isn't going to support it.

I look forward to what you are going to do with it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

sn260591 wrote:Hello, I have made changes in MapvoteLAv2. Can I release a new version as a MapvoteLAv21?
Looking at your previous tools I can see only a good work. As described in avatar you might be guided by a solid logic rather than english language which is a very good thing in coding. If you want to work at MapVote I'm saying that DO IT, MAN :thuup:

Aside things: MapVote seems to not need a high resolution. Any player can adjust GuiScale

Code: Select all

[UMenu.UMenuRootWindow]
GUIScale=1.200000
and even old MapVoteLA13 will look much better and having more readable map-names (font-size stay original) letting player to choose what wants :| .
sn260591
Average

Post by sn260591 »

@JackGriffin, thanks for the reply :) The release will be soon.
sektor2111 wrote:and even old MapVoteLA13 will look much better and having more readable map-names (font-size stay original) letting player to choose what wants :| .
That was the meaning of my edits. Now the MapVote window will adapt to the screen resolution of the player.