FerBotz (new AI, XCGE release 20)

sektor2111
Godlike

Re: FerBotz (new AI, global release 18)

Post by sektor2111 »

Aside note, a proposal like, not a very must have.

Given the pathing features offered by this mutator perhaps a... MasterVersion as IptoCountry would be properly used by many people as long as not everybody is able to generate Pathing files. Perhaps mutator might get them from a Web-Service before traveling or in that time (using server-travel pause or such) and placing them as it does in this moment + extra tweaks for teleporters, etc... Files from Web-Service also can be updated/improved changed from time to time chaging A.I. behaviour each month, week, etc. and delivering random A.I. in game-servers offered to players, so to speak Shared-Pathing as Anticheats are loading extra-stuff. Huh ?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Mmmhhh, path file redirect for servers?
Coupling FerBotz with XC_Core (UBinary) it should be possible to write the downloaded path file and then loading it.

I was considering making FerBotz dependant on XC_Core on a future release, this may be a good kickstarter.
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

So ferbotz are really special. I saw in an erlier post you said to watch your bots play defense on CTF-LavaGiant.

I did and found some really funny things.

I didn't record it but It's consistent, I think, and would love to share sometime. (probably tomorrow)

I'm dubbing it: "I'm in position".

The bots would run around then say that. But that's not the funny part. The funny part is when they jump out of the base and randomly jump in the pit of lava. (This happened A LOT) I laughed my arse off. They even said "I'm in position" when they did it!! :lol2:

Curiosity struck and I watched them play offence. They derp so hard 80% of the time when trying to translocate-hammer boost. (especially At blue base)

I have some Teaser screen shots of what happend a few times:

He got stuck on the wall after doing a TransBoostJump.

This was not frozen. He was legit stuck there for the rest of the game.

If I had thought to check Verbose I would have been able to tell you what he was doing. I'm guessing he was trying to impact hammer the T-Locator Object.....could be wrong though.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes, I want this mutator (tool) for pathing reasons. I have some UnSigned MH Level where Botz simply cannot play falling in acid almost all the time (very rare can pass one). But generating paths helps the rest of action, Monsters fight better, Bot can follow human hunter. If file is downloaded and mutator is doing a fast pathing injection that would be awesome, even If might be a way to put some points similar to defaults (other subclass JumpSpot, etc.) then a bunch of Null cubes would be suddenly brought to life. As I could figure pathing files are small, takes a blink to get them from a WebService as LZMA, UZ files.

In a map I was trying to do a path file. It worked, but... a teleporter bugged me because it was an unwanted shortcut and later I figured a path through some walls where Bot couldn't go (checked with MH2's debug addon). 3 days ago I have added some stuff for Bot to help debugging, Bot will say: Oki Doki, let's hunt some monsters - if at least first Waypoint or End has a reachable road not only because map has Paths like it was until now. Also if NextPoint exist but seems not so navigable Bot will say: "Well, next deal for Position <X> looks a harder job...". So mapper/admin will know that some trouble occured - or map has a pathing trick (PowerNode, HuntNode or whatever stuff anti-rush). Example: All stones from LostIntimeV3 - outside area is not navigable at all, only primary zone also is over engine's 1000 Paths boundary - useless loaded after all.
Pathing file if can do a remaping of Navigation and to put some paths in empty cubes would be a charm + option to a single common update that can be used by multiple servers as IpToCountry.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Use the remover node, that thing kills PathNode and InventorySpots altogether (and another path type i don't remember).
As long as you use it with care, you can wipe out heaps of unwanted nodes in small spots.

When dealing with heaps of InventorySpot, try to leave at least one up (so bot still gets attracted to the item group).

Code: Select all

exec function NavRemover( optional float Dist)
The NavRemover is a hardcoded Botz_NavigBase that doesn't generate paths at all.

========
EDIT:
To be honest, I don't know what I was thinking when I added impact launch points on the roofs of LavaGiant's blue base (into the mid rock).
Getting rid of CTF-LavaGiant_Botz path file will clean up that mess (I wouldn't get rid of the UBZFV file as it adds defense points).
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

Higor wrote: To be honest, I don't know what I was thinking when I added impact launch points on the roofs of LavaGiant's blue base (into the mid rock).
Getting rid of CTF-LavaGiant_Botz path file will clean up that mess (I wouldn't get rid of the UBZFV file as it adds defense points).
Yeah this particular bot (only because I was watching only him) would get stuck for 5 minutes trying to do that exact jump.
Not to say it doesn't work. It does, just not consistently.

They would also telefrag each other a lot. I love messing around with bots. Maybe I could get that to work some how
(by moving some of the points around)
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Something to mention at Botz Mutator. I was watching Bot vs Botz in spectator mode. A couple of times Bots(MBot) was trying to hunt me and it did not happen ever without Botz mutator. Also I was able to pick up a PulseGun - LOL. Spectator went screwed.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Bots getting stuck like that isn't limited to Ferbotz. I've never used it but I've seen bots having that "I'm in position" issue for years...

...I don't mean stuck that way for years. I occasionally turn my computer off.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:Bots getting stuck like that isn't limited to Ferbotz. I've never used it but I've seen bots having that "I'm in position" issue for years...
This was one of reasons for no longer using default BotPack games - I said good bye in here. In a more logic CTF game, when Flag is gone with enemy I see 0 reasons to stay in defense guarding nothing since priority is hunting carrier even using Translocator to get it faster - happens in well done Levels.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

I'm probably doing something stupid, or failing to do something, but I just downloaded release 18 and (hopefully) followed the set-up instructions. Starting a local server (Windows) gives this message:

Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I got that too.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

BunnyTrack and other mods implement a 'clearArray' function instead of 'ClearArray'... that completely fucks up native binding for FerBotz.
As a workaround, do this:
- Open FerBotz.dll with a hex editor.
- Find string 'ClearArray' and chance the first letter to a lower case 'c'.
- Relaunch server.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Question about the FurryBots...

(sorry. couldn't resist and it makes me giggle)

...on occasion I pop up some map I've found that's impressive except for a lack of pathing, or I'll submit a map I've edited but it has no pathing as that's not really in my skill set yet. You, Higor, will swoop in and say "This sounds like a job for Ferbotz!" (obviously I'm paraphrasing) and then a few hours later you'll come back with "Damn, not even Ferbotz could save that..."

So, what are the parameters of things Ferbotz CANNOT effect?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You need to generate Path-File, mutator doesn't do nothing itself. If you have pathing file it will be loaded and used.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

Thanks Higor. I made the modification, but oddly it's still giving the same error. I can see the relabelled function in Dependency Walker; I don't know what the issue is.