FerBotz (new AI, XCGE release 20)

Higor
Godlike

Re: FerBotz (new AI, global release 17)

Post by Higor »

I just can't seem to update Siege without breaking something these days.
Had plans to pick up FerBotz again this week but XC_GE's keeping my hands full.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Chamberly wrote:have a 18.5 GB of log and can't even open it. x.x LOL!
When I get huge log files I use Notepad++ to read them instead of the default Notepad which takes forever to open it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I removed this one until I'll see a good default configuration, it has loaded 80 MB of errors in a few minutes.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Prolly you're running the non-native version, which is broken.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

SC]-[LONG_{HoF} wrote:
Chamberly wrote:have a 18.5 GB of log and can't even open it. x.x LOL!
When I get huge log files I use Notepad++ to read them instead of the default Notepad which takes forever to open it.
Notepad++ said it can't even open it. I could download an alternative .txt reader which is set to be able to open and read any file 1GB+ or so but no need, I run the game again for the short amount of time and it's related to bad models errors (some sequences not found.) so it was easy to tell what exactly caused the big fat log. But it was funny to know that it will use any models/skins that I have installed in my UT folder and I didn't even set it up. So it was the 2k4 models that seem to be messed up, commented out and gonna try again.

Was messing with the edit thing, and now I can't take the stuff off my screen, but I think I'll figure it out. Haha.

Edit: Somehow it went away on it's own. lol

Some offline play and stuff:
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2551kat.jpg edit mode ftw...
http://i61.tinypic.com/2hn42lh.jpg (Oh great, captain moron got a plan) lmao
http://i59.tinypic.com/m8i36d.jpg team list. some skin somehow doesn't show up, but I'm aware they work if they are serverpacked online. Too many errors in the log anyway. So I've been busy commenting out some skin/models each time I see some error in the log.
http://i62.tinypic.com/14sea9w.jpg That 2k4 model there on the right, cause a big log. lol. It was just floating around like the blue guy (Genie) out of a gold lamp or something from Aladdin.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

assuming some kinda problem here;

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz1 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:0100) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz1 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:006C) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz0 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:0100) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz0 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:006C) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz0 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:0100) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz0 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:006C) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz1 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:0100) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
ScriptWarning: Botz DM-Deck16][.Botz1 (Function FerBotz.Botz.CostBads:006C) Accessed array out of bounds (255/4)
test here: 191.239.177.27:7777 any LC gametype..

botz are funny in siege mode .. all try n hump diamond thing.. then run off and comit suicide.. jump off cliff's etc.

also bummed that these don't work with any SmartScoreboards :/
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

How many times do I have to mention the non-native version is broken???
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote:How many times do I have to mention the non-native version is broken???
Please forgive us, master, I think he downloaded last version from first page v17. or such.
Higor wrote: Release 17
FerBotz_17.7z
Simply adding it will be causing troubles. IS somehow other version available which I did not see ?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Native branch folder on the package, the full source code is available as well.
Regardless of faster code or whatever, the very feature alone of being able to fix/improve pathing on maps justifies it's usage, even if you're not spawning Botz at all.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

yep thats the version I used and native.
perhaps I setup wrong .

will have another look.

also.. the readme needs adjusting as it is now cl3 not cl2
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Wises wrote:perhaps I setup wrong .
Yes, I need a setup too...
I'm firing up a local party. Console Mutate AddBotz
Surprise!
Just spawns a bot looking as fish, as queen, as Skaarj, as all things possible spamming animation errors. WHY do they use such meshes and how do I make them to look normal? It looks like ini doesn't help and neither that INT.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

That's the first case I've heard of someone having Queen and Fishes as playable classes in the INTs
Botz like grabbing absolutely random classes, skins, voices and faces from the list.
The different workarounds for that are:
- Start LAN game, login as admin and play normally, botz only select things in ServerPackages list (so they're not invisible).
- Add those player classes to the exception list in BotzDefault.ini > [FerBotz.FBotInfo] (left some examples in there)
- Add Botz using factions
--- MUTATE ADDBOTZFACTION (faction_name) (team_num) (count) (skill modifier - optional: EASY, HARD, NORMAL*)
--- Faction names: Thunder_Crash, The_Corrupt, Iron_Guard, Dark_Phalanx, Blood_Reavers, XC_Force (needs SoldierSkins_XC_ skin found on Cham's server).
--- Skill modifier remains on the created faction until altered again.
- Setup a custom Botz list in BotzDefault.ini > [FerBotz.ServerBotzManager]
--- You can add them via MUTATE ADDBOTZLIST (botz_name, or ALL) (team_num)
--- Aegor (bot 0) contains the maximum skill values (use as reference).
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Higor wrote:(skill modifier - optional: EASY, HARD, NORMAL*)
I see ... I did ask about this before in this thread..

is this based on BotDifficulty in server.ini and/or user.ini?
so if these 7 settings are set (1 being easy && 7 being hard)
does Botz then Automatically level to this setting?

if not.. then could be a good method?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Um yeah, I had warlord, kralls, and other monsters as playable too. xD & yes I did get animation errors but a lot on other one too, including the skins that is used just fine. :|
Anyway, I'm gonna test it some more later.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Wises wrote:assuming some kinda problem here;

Code: Select all

test here: 191.239.177.27:7777 any LC gametype..

botz are funny in siege mode .. all try n hump diamond thing.. then run off and comit suicide.. jump off cliff's etc.

also bummed that these don't work with any SmartScoreboards :/
Are those logs from the native branch?