Any Bugs in the mutator Ressurector???

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
PSL-500
Novice

Any Bugs in the mutator Ressurector???

Post by PSL-500 »

well i want the mutator "resurrector(the one that stores all the info about the players in case they get disconnected)" to be added to the server i play in..but before that i wanna ask-
Are there any known BUGS in this mutator???or any other problem it might have???

is there any server admin in here who uses it??

-thanx
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Any Bugs in the mutator Ressurector???

Post by JackGriffin »

It's used by some servers but most use the built in Nexgen code.

I've used the code in several mods I've released (mostly unchanged) and I've only seen a couple of specific instances where it causes problems. The first is that it causes stats programs to mess up. Each time the player reconnects to the same game he gets a new playerID for that game. Mostly this isn't an issue but if you are running something like MH2 that has a "top 10 playerlist" this can cause your name to be listed more than once if you make the top 10 AND reconnect during the same game. Example:

Player "Joe" is number 7 on the top 10 list and is playing a 30 frag game. He gets kicked early in the game and then comes back to finish. Resurrector will list him twice when stats code harvests the game info. He will list something like this:
Joe 446 total frags (his first join)
Joe 472 total frags (his second join because resurrector saved his stuff and he just adds more to it)
Now when stats computes the top 10 it will list him twice if his lowest score (the 446) is enough to get onto the list. I hope this all makes sense.

Secondly I have seen that servers running multiple mods that switch back and forth from different gametypes can get mutator saving when running this (although rarely). For example I was running an MH2/Jailbreak server and when resurrector (or phoenix) was used there would be times that the MH2 HUD would be active in jailbreak and the players could not kill each other (a setting in MH2 to prevent friendly fire). The server needed a hard reset after this or it continued. Once I took resurrector off this stopped.

Overall it's a good mod it just has some specific quirks.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PSL-500
Novice

Post by PSL-500 »

well as the server isnt MH the first one shouldnt be a problem..it has DM,CTF,TDM and LMS

unforunately i cant say the same about the second one,as the server uses different mutators for CTF and different ones for DM
anyway THANKS for the info...i think that i will ask the admin not to add it
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Sounds like this might work for you:
http://ecoop.ucoz.com/load/scoresave_mutator/1-1-0-18

If there are any bugs with it, nobody has told me about them yet.....
blarg
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

MrLoathsome wrote:Sounds like this might work for you:
http://ecoop.ucoz.com/load/scoresave_mutator/1-1-0-18

If there are any bugs with it, nobody has told me about them yet.....

Yes. Scoresave seems bulletproof. :lol:
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Can Scoresave conflict with MH ?
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Hitman wrote:Can Scoresave conflict with MH ?
Unknown. Try it and let us know.
blarg
PSL-500
Novice

Post by PSL-500 »

thanks MrLoathsome..i'l check it out
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Well done mod Loathe. Simple and elegant.

Hitty this will still cause multiple entries of the player name in MH2 stats, but it's more a problem with how the stats are done versus Loathe's work here. Player stats needs to have a check built in to parse the player list at the end of games and remove names that duplicate before running the stats on them. If I can get this Val Av thing worked out to my satisfaction I may very well update MH2 and this will be one of the things I fix.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

ohh wow.. never thought there was anything quite like ressurector until now.
I've used ressurector for years on std dm/ctf servers and have not experienced any noticable or suspicious behaviour to be casued by it. however there have been certain instances even now where weapons mainly zp103. wont fire occasionally.. or sometimes other weapson do no-damage... ie: mini

Iam now wondering if this could be the cause.

another thing that has always bothered me with resurrector is the score tracking in ctf matches..
yes it restores kills/deaths but nothing else.

seeming as SmartCTF is the main scoreboard/universally recognised CTF system.. it would be fantastic to ha e a mod that could restore any/all player stats for this gametype.

does this mod do the above by any chance?
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Well i have tried it now on my MH-servers and it works fine, so a big THX to MrLoathsome ;D
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I once got telefragged by a player who returned to the game...
Can you believe that? What are the odds?
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

lmao.. with ressurector. it has some settings, the one you are talking about needs to be turned off.. and that is that you could tell it to restore the players 'location' at time of disconnect.. which is likely what had happened to you bro.
scenario.. you seen a glitched player against some wall and went to investigate.. upon investigation it was the player had timedout.. standing there bewildered by what had just happened.. typing 'wtf' into your utchat.

the player reconnects and is re-spawned back to his last known position.. which ironically enough you were just standing in... then 'Gotcha' hehe.

why it needs to be turned off is if a player gets.. trapped in some location.. down a tube or in some 'Face Glitch' and trys reconnecting... he keeps be respawned there..

the mod itself is pretty good. I cant remember if it could also restore weapons .. man that Cpanopoly is a coding ninja. it can restore ammo so he was 1 step away from weapons restoration.

however all are kinda deprecated now.. due to the newer stats systems employed by these newer scoreboards.
like cowboys smartDm , idFX's SmartUT and of course.. SmartCTF-Xxx .. I think any new resussection mod needs to... account for all of the above.