Help configuing MapVoteLA13

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Vankuss
Experienced

Help configuing MapVoteLA13

Post by Vankuss »

I want to configure these modalities for the MapVoteLA13. Fact is: I'm not expert in this. Like I don't know how to add multiple mutators (with comma, maybe?) or how to add a non-default one (Who Pushed Me, for example). Where should I take the exact name? Also: sniper arena is Botpack.??? Can someone help me out, it would be really appreciated.

tl;dr: I need to know how to grab the exact name of the mutators (default and non-default) and how to add multiple ones in MapVoteLA13. Thanks.

boostCTF: MapVoteLA13, Rocket CTF Boost (last version), Who Pushed Me, Smart CTF 4e
boostDM: MapVoteLA13, Rocket CTF Boost (last version), Who Pushed Me, Smart DM (last version)

instagibCTF: MapVoteLA13, Instagib, Who Pushed Me, Smart CTF 4e
instagibDM: MapVoteLA13, Instagib, Who Pushed Me, Smart DM (last version)

normalCTF: MapVoteLA13, Who Pushed Me, Smart CTF 4e
normalDM: MapVoteLA13, Who Pushed Me, Smart DM (last version)

sniperCTF: MapVoteLA13, Sniper Arena, Who Pushed Me, Smart CTF 4e
sniperDM: MapVoteLA13, Sniper Arena, Who Pushed Me, Smart DM (last version)

Assault: MapVoteLA13, Who Pushed Me
BunnyTrack: MapVoteLA13, that mutator that makes for CheckPoints (don't know its name)
UT99.org

Re: Help configuing MapVoteLA13

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:open the .int with notpad

exemple

[public]
Object=(Name=MyJumpBoots.CustomArenaBoot,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="My JumpBoots")
Vankuss
Experienced

Post by Vankuss »

What if there is no .int file?
Like in WhoPushedMe, there is only the .u

Thanks for the help anyway.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:you have to redownload :loool: http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... archMode=f

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="Who Pushed Me?,If you push somebody so he/she falls to his/her death, you get the score for it.")

If do not have really a int you can launch it in a off-line game and go to
unrealtounament.in read the MutatorList
[UTMenu.UTMenuBotmatchCW]
MutatorList=HumiliationV2.HumiliationMutator,HyperTrans.TranslocMutator
Vankuss
Experienced

Post by Vankuss »

Thanks Medor, help appreciated!
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

sorry to bump this post but there are a few 'Open and Un-Resolved' questions in this post that I would like to try and answer for any future 'generation's looking for help regarding mapvoteLA13'

some common BotPack's are below;

BotPack.SniperArena
BotPack.ShockArena
BotPack.InstaGibDM

more botpacks and CMDS
Another great RESOURCE

These BotPack's are normally added to the MUTATORS="BotPack.SniperArena" area in the mapvoela.ini..

another interesting section in here is the SETTINGS=""
given the gametype ie; DeathMatchPlus

if you look in your UnrealTournament.ini , under the relevant GameType Settings. you can use any/all of these in this SETTINGS="" Section of MapVoteLA13.

however.. in some cases and for some reason you may have to remove the preceeding 'b' from the variables.. and I think some are named slightly different for memory (not sure) baffling here.

separate any/all MUTATORS & SETTINGS..With a ',' AND CHECK THE CONFIG LINES METACULOUSLY!! Ensure that you encase these variables within "" ie; Mutators="MyMutator.Mutator,Another.Mutator,Last.Mutator",Settings="Setting1=True,Setting2=False,Setting3=10"

Another line not often used in MapVoteLA13 is the Default Settings= (line)

this line is good for making quick universal changes to any/all non preconfigured configured settings lines in MV.

for example a classic case scenario and good default setting line could be;

DefaultSettings="bMegaSpeed=false,MinPlayers=2"

the first setting safeguards all other gamemodes that do not use turbo-mode and sets by default all gametypes to at least 2players :)

now on the individual conf lines .. you can over-ride these default settings by changing these variables to true or some number ;) incase of MinPlayers=xx

I think that's enough baffling-on for now.. and hope that it answers anyone elses questions regarding this very versatile and much loved mapvoting tool in UT land.

:thumbup: