mutator to wait before a players spawns

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
a9902957@nepwk.com
Experienced

mutator to wait before a players spawns

Post by a9902957@nepwk.com »

Hi
i'm looking for a way in UT 99 to create a delay after a player is killes to prevent if from coming back right away. such a timer of a 2-3 sec
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: mutator to wait before a players spawns

Post by EvilGrins »

ut99 has a default option, dependent on game type, for this. The respawn isn't an automatic function unless you specify it. Somewhere in the basic game start options, along with whether or not to use translocator or how many bots to use, there's something that reads (I'm not home so i can't look it up) auto-respawn.

If it's chosen, you respawn almost immediately, if it's not chosen you only respawn when you hit whatever your fire control is.

You might wanna look into mutators that do spawn protection, so that when you respawn you can't be killed for a few seconds. Some of those have options for when you respawn that sounds pretty close to what you're describing.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: mutator to wait before a players spawns

Post by UTPe »

EvilGrins wrote: You might wanna look into mutators that do spawn protection, so that when you respawn you can't be killed for a few seconds. Some of those have options for when you respawn that sounds pretty close to what you're describing.
Hi a9902957,
EvilGrins is right, take a look at the many spawn mutators available on UT99 scene: BunnyFooFoo, Spawnguard, Invisible Spawn, Protector, Eavy Spawn Protect, SDA Spawn Protect and maybe others. Imho, BunnyFooFoo is really a good one !
Anyway, I'm sure you'll find, among these, one useful for your gameplay.

regards,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)