Some Help for my own Mod!!

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Some Help for my own Mod!!

Post by Spectra »

Hello All! I am new here!

I created a basic two Weapons Mod! The Working was Successful!

But I found a problem that.....

I want to create an INT File in which when I load Mutators my Mod should only Load Two Weapons I created instead of Loading the Botpack Weapons and also I want the weapons and ammo to get replaced by my Mods Ammo and Weapons!!

Is there any way??

Though I created a .UC File in which I put all my Weapons Coding in one file! I compile it with Ucc (No Errors, No Warnings) also appeared in Mutators Tab but it loads Botpack (Default) Weapons!

I would be very Thank Full if someone helps me out!!

Thank You.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Some Help for my own Mod!!

Post by Feralidragon »

What you need to do is a mutator to make the actual replace of your weapons.
So far, what have you done exactly? (so we could see what you did so far to show you the next needed step to make your mod work)
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

Nothing Much! I am actually a beginner in making Mods.

I just made a Pulse Gun Mod in which the pulse gun acts like Minigun and a Ripper Mod I just changed its Projectile and Alt-Projectile Class and nothing much! I just want to make a INT File i.e for Mutators in which my mod replaces Botpack Weapons in Arenas and nothing much!

Can u help me out??

OH! Ur NW3 was BEST! :)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Post your mod to me Rocky and I'll write your int.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

Thx JackGriffin I will give u my mod as soon as I finish it!

But I am in another big trouble!

I have created custom weapon textures and I want to place them on my weapon. But how? Getting Confused :(
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Welcome to coding. You'll be confused a lot.

Let's start at the beginning. Now we can do this here on the forum or I can do it one-on-one via messenger/skype/etc for faster response. I'll assume you want to do it here and we can always move to a more private setting.

First off you need a proper environment to work in. Much like a mad scientist needs a lab or a superhero needs a lair you as a coder need a place to work. I don't know about your tool situation but I'll show you what I use to work with and how to establish yourself a workspace. Grab this download:
codingschool.part1.rar
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 148 times
codingschool.part2.rar
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
It's a split download to get under the 2MB attachment size limit. (@Ferali: can we fix this? IIRC it's a simple PHP change to set it to something useful like 50MB). Just grab them both and open the first file. The WinRar will find the second one automagically.

Now there are several program inside this zip file. Each of them serves a distinct purpose and only one requires a true installation (that would be context). The rest can just be placed on the desktop and they are self-contained. There is a short readme that quickly gets you where you need to be with these. Find you an area on your desktop and put all this stuff there. That will be your development 'home', you now have your very own mad scientist laboratory.
:rock:

Now, back to your question since you have the tool as your disposal to now create the most uber-1337 weapons this side of NW3...What weapon are you going to start with and how many new skins will you be adding?

(Aside: There are about as many different ways to set up your development lab as there are programs to choose from. You are welcome to make alterations to suit yourself, I am simply showing you how I work so you have an example to use. Certain things are required though like learning to code using a program outside the default UEditor. You can use context, notepad++, whatever but you should always use something external. I just like context because of the colored highlighting and the fact it tracks your braces for you. Youll also need the other stuff to check mods, preview other people's codes, etc. which can all be done manually via UCC but using these programs becomes much faster and easier on you.)
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Spectra
Masterful

Post by Spectra »

Yup Thank You very much!

This Software called "Context" really helped me like Saving my Time and Work Load and also good for doing some other work like C, HTML, etc. Thank You very much!