Need .int files for my old .u clan files

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Dohfugwimee
Novice

Need .int files for my old .u clan files

Post by Dohfugwimee »

Have a pile of mutators modded for my old ut99 clan.
Many of them no longer have the .int files.
I have searched high and low on how to properly write them..but afraid I am too stoopid.

Me and a few of the blind old dudes I played with are trying to get back into UT for old times sake.
Not as fun without the muts that made our server a place we called home before.

Can anyone either explain to me how to do this... very slowly and tiny words plz..
or anyone willing to look at the mess of files I have and write the .int-s for me?

Failing the above requests.. any coders want a job?
Need a replacement set of muts to run server... will pay for time if my specs are met.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Re: Need .int files for my old .u clan files

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Welcome to the Forum!
Can anyone either explain to me how to do this... very slowly and tiny words plz..
or anyone willing to look at the mess of files I have and write the .int-s for me?
I best suggest to you asking Dr.Flay for help. He is pretty experienced with .int files from what I know based on a few of his posts.

You may want to check them out:
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3625

I don't know if it helps or not. But, I guess that its worth a try.

Also, you might have accidentally posted your topic twice, but in a different section. You can try to remove it yourself or ask a moderator to do it for you.

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4496 - Coding & Scripting Section. Same topic.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Zip them up and send them to me. I'll write them up so long as I can post them publicly. Flay keeps stuff like this.

Alternatively I can show you how to do it yourself if you want to learn. Post one of them to me and I'll write you back with a tutorial on how to write them yourself. It's really not that hard provided the mods are simplistic.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Perhaps it's findable...
How is the .u file called?
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

no need to pay
try UT Int Generator, a little tool that has been developed some years ago
you can find it here: http://gms.cyberrock.net/products.php

a couple of years ago I used it to recover missing INT files for some sniper rifles (I wanted to test them on local) and it worked fine !
please, pay attention to instructions written in the .txt file

regards,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

That's in interesting program Mr. P. I just tested it out on some mods I had written and it does indeed pick up the proper classes and create a usable int file.

A couple of things worth noting:
- This is run as a command line program. Drop the exe file into your system folder and run it from a command line prompt.
- This will scan EVERY U file and generate int files for everything that doesn't have one and has valid classes. In my case it made about 15 int files because there is no way to specify a particular U file you want to work with.
- Spacing on the U file text is often messed up, lines will run on with each other HOWEVER I found the text to be correct and a few seconds of editing in proper spacing resulted in very useful int files. You'll have to edit in descriptions anyway.

Overall this was a really neat find Mr. P and I thank you for posting it. It certainly makes testing mods I find across the internet so much easier to do in a hurry. This is why I love the community!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Ah yes our other resource Guru, Pietro "The Dude" comes up trumps.

I'll have a look at that tool later. It does seem excessive in the way it works.
Hopefully BillyBill's tool will be more flexible.

Very quick and hacky how-to.
Mutators are the easiest to sort out.
Open UEd, and load the "??.U" file.
Mutators are listed under the "info" branch of actors.
Click on it, and at the top of the window it will display the full mutator name (double-click will open the script. You may also find useful info there).
Open the int file of another mutator and copy the info from that, or overwrite the old mutator info, with the new mutator and description, and save with the same name as the .U file

The examples given in the tweaks thread can be used to start with. Copy and paste, is your friend.
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3625

When it comes to accessing the prefs and other sections, I will leave for a more in-depth post, as it is possible to create havoc. Though always fixable.
Mutators are safer to play with, and a good start-point to learn with.

WARNING
Not all mutators are useful to add from the front-end GUI.
FerBotz is a good example, as there are mutators for back-end stuff like adding bots and factions.
Also UT can only cope with displaying so-many, before they start disappearing from the list.

If you use that tool, you must check you are not opening a "can of worms", instead of "Pandora's box".
Hand edit the configs after they have been generated. Also I imagine you will have to add the descriptions anyway.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Thanks for the int generator now I have somewhere to point people there who ask me to make them int files. The original poster is no doubt pleased.

You elluded what I was doing Flay, I won't be making any tools. I will be making a script for me to generate new language files using an online translator. And a mutator that would go on the server and force all weapon names and other "int settings" to be in the same language

That tutorial you started Flay is good, on how to change team names and server messages . For some for these server owners pictures in that tutorial would speak a lot better than words
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Ah yes, useful.
To be honest as I rarely play online, I have never worried about team-names and server messages.

I will have a look at it.
The custom messages in Medor's mini-UT distro, will be a good start for me, as they annoy the hell out of me.

I have already tweaked the JailBreak int so I can add and edit the various messages, without restarting UT.
Dohfugwimee
Novice

Post by Dohfugwimee »

Wow..
UT99 forum that is so active..wow!!

Thank you to all you took time to post..mucho appreciated.
The int creator program I had years ago and was looking high and low on internet for copy..Thank you for link.

Spent many hours after first post trying this..trying that and eventually found a program that opened up the .u files.
UTPE or UT package tool.
http://utdatabase.99k.org/tools.html
Figured was way in UED but I had no success but above program allowed me to see the lines needed to make int-s
More this and thats and a lot of screaming/crying...was able to finger out what worked.
Now all the wayward u files I had are working.

This leads to me another issue..hope you guys out there can help me.
Reason I needed the above problem fixed was to see what I could salvage out of my old clan's server's mutators
Fit of rage stupidity etc all my old files were deleted long ago.
So after wading thru and testing what I could find.. realize that what I have...is NOT what I need.
Muts are mainly first draft copies..not final versions and some are definably missing.
My request --
Need coder/modder to either build for us a complete set according to out specs
or
Wade thru what we have and add to..alter..whatever is needed to get us back to where we were.
Have sound files and many of the textures we need..along with the muts themselves..can zip all and upload to an ftp.
Your time is precious.. getting back my old server is precious. We will pay for work.
Yeah..not gonna make ya rich lol..but it is important to us to relive the old days

Would prefer work one person so can email back forth and not get confused.. I very stoopid
Any takers...?
dohfugwimee@dc.rr.com
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Was your server an online one? If that's the case you stand a good chance at finding the mods with a google search of old redirects. I've found a lot of lost stuff that way.

As for someone recoding it all from scratch? Almost sure that's not going to happen. The few guys left doing dev mainly all work on their own stuff and this sounds like a fairly labor intensive project.I'd help you with minor stuff like getting a mod to work again but I have no interest in rebuilding stuff from the ground up.

Perhaps post a list of what you are missing. Several people on this forum are collectors so it might surprise you what gets saved.
Dohfugwimee
Novice

Post by Dohfugwimee »

Thank you all for your help and now that I see it... your continuing work on archiving ut99 online.
Spent quite a few hours following links your guys/gals posted looking for files I needed -- was quite distressed to find so many dead ends or just cached pages..shame.

Anyway.. thru your replies and hours of tears I have found and recreated most of my server files.I have only about 10% of the Coding/Modding abilities of any of you I would guess...lol
But I fingered out how to write .int-s etc.. I so proud meself.

Have some needs still though.
Will post here until directed to use a different forum area if ok.

Files still required.. until i find more missing that is...lol

SoldierSkins_wpcraze.utx
ShrapFoossteps.uax
warpigsscore.u
wp3bonus.u
WPFirepack.u and .utx
DM-TTS-NightClubShootout at minimum the custom .umx file - believe same name

Couple of these are the remaining server files I need and balance are for modded maps we want run.
Brings up an UED question.... is there any way to open a map in UED without having all the custom files?
Trying to rebuild old work file at a time and can't get complete map running until next "missing" file is found... but if map could be edited..perhaps missing file could be purged?
Just grasping..

OK next
Have some..heck.. a lot of clan and misc skin .utx-s
How do I write .int-s for them?
The ones I have have as little as two textures to twenty or so...
Tried some trial and error but as I said.. 10% smart level...lol
Anyone willing walk me through or write for me?

Final one for now..
Scoring mutator.
Had one that prevented suicides from affecting team score.
Play TDM only and want one killshot to equal one shooter score and one team score -- that works fine..
However.. if a player suicides the player gets minus (good) but team also gets a minus (bad)
Anyone know of mutator that will prevent team from losing point or anyone up for building me one?

Will be back for more I am sure... Hat in hand.
Thanks all