Force Cow Models?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
HOT_BEEF_INJECTION
Experienced

Force Cow Models?

Post by HOT_BEEF_INJECTION »

Is there such a Mod? :o

Servers everywhere can shun the Cow and force Human model. :roll:

Is there a Mod that evens the score and forces Cow model?!?!?!??!?!?! :lol2:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: Force Cow Models?

Post by MrLoathsome »

I know that is possible, as I did it for a few years on a couple of my servers.

I think you can force that with the server config, although I may have also used the Valavatar mod to accomplish that.

Been so long I forget exactly how I did it. (Would have to dig thru some old backups to remind myself of how it was done....)

Note, most players would bitch and whine about it a lot.
blarg
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I think all you need to do is set the default model and skin to the cow. although this may only force it when the one they want is not on the server. Could try hosting a non dedicated server to test this because it would be the same as the player hosting the server. Then go to the serverpackages and remove the old player models and add the cow models. Of coarse, Medor's post could do the same. This is another method if it works
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

If you do this no one will play your server. Every time it has been tried people get really upset about it. The real problem with forcing a model is it also sets that as the default model in your client's installation. For me that's a line I won't cross and you are going to hear about it if you try to do it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
TheLame
Novice
Personal rank: retired UT reject

Post by TheLame »

I made something like this back in the days, I'm not sure i can recall the exact name of the mod? something like DanesSkinManager i think?? maybe some of you have it somewhere? If not I may be able to dig it up somehow? It had three sets of configurable skins/models you could force the players to wear, it also took account of male/female models as i recall it? but don't hang me, it's a long time ago realy.

Edit, found it: http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... agerV2.rar

Try that?

@medor, these files: http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... archMode=f are outdated and you should remove them from your file service, they serve no purpose anymore as the global stat server they ping against are long gone.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
TheLame wrote:@medor, these files: http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... archMode=f are outdated and you should remove them from your file service, they serve no purpose anymore as the global stat server they ping against are long gone.
This is certainly not the only thing that old useless .. But you never know if a guy wants to see how it is mounted.
Unless it is your property I prefer to leave it in place.
TheLame
Novice

Post by TheLame »

ok :-) ... I can't be the judge of who's property it is? I made the code, but I honestly believe that all rights are reserved to EPIC as I read the EULA ..... but I'm no lawyer thank god (not that i believe in god hehe).

So it's your descision to make it stay or not, I just wanted you to know it didn't work any more :-)

And just for the record, anybody can feel free to use whatever i have made in any way they wish, just don't hold me accountable if you take it beyond the EPIC EULA hehe
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This may or may not be a great idea. It's kind of a variant of how if you're using a model that isn't on a sever you've connected to, you tend to automatically switch to the UT default models.

I don't know that automatically being forced into a particular model will work against you, but it might.

I know there's mutators that can force players connecting to your game to a default skin, but I dunno about models.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TheLame
Novice

Post by TheLame »

EvilGrins wrote:I know there's mutators that can force players connecting to your game to a default skin, but I dunno about models.
The mod i linked to does force a model on the player too, I'm still not sure if the cow model in question is the nali cow or a custom one? So maybe it doesn't support it? man too long since I've made that thing lol. I remember making this because of issues during matches in sniper tournaments, players couldn't agree what skins/models where allowed, so I made this to make the game even to all players by forcing them to wear the same skins/models. I putted in seperate clantags for rumbles so that players could play using their custom clans skins for fun. If you want to force one model to all players, just fill out the clantags with some names you are sure noone will use, that will force the guest skins on them as default.

Here's the readme, maybe it'll answer more q's?:

TheDanes Clan and Guest Skin mutator V2.
by TheDane, thedane_ut@hotmail.com, http://www.thedanesjoint.com

This mutator lets you control what models and skins
the players on your server is using.

It lets you set different model and skin for two clantags
and a male/female model for each clantag. You can also set
a male/female model and skin for the guest players.

If you only use one clan skin/model for all clan/guest players
don't worry about the male/female issues, just put the same model
and skin in both settings as male players can be forced into
female models and vice versa.

Customize your ini settings in DanesSkinManager.ini:

[DanesSkinManagerV2.DanesSkinManager]
// set clantags
// ------------
ClanTag1=[TAG1] (the tag of clan 1)
ClanTag2=[TAG2] (the tag of clan 2)

// -------------------------
// Models supported:
// 1 = Male Commando Model
// 2 = Male Soldier Model
// 3 = Boss Model
// 4 = Female Commando Model
// 5 = Female Soldier Model
// 6 = Nali Model
// 7 = WarCow Model
// 8 = Skaarj Model
// -------------------------

// set skin and model for clan1
// ----------------------------
MaleClanSkin1=SoldierSkins.hkil
MaleClanFace1=SoldierSkins.Matrix
MaleClanModel1=2
FemaleClanSkin1=SGirlSkins.fwar
FemaleClanFace1=SGirlSkins.Cathode
FemaleClanModel1=5

// set skin and model for clan2
MaleClanSkin2=CommandoSkins.goth
MaleClanFace2=CommandoSkins.Grail
MaleClanModel2=1
FemaleClanSkin2=FCommandoSkins.goth
FemaleClanFace2=FCommandoSkins.Freylis
FemaleClanModel2=4

// set skin and model for guests
MaleGuestSkin=TNaliMeshSkins.Priest
MaleGuestFace=
MaleGuestModel=6
FemaleGuestSkin=TCowMeshSkins.AtomicCow
FemaleGuestFace=
FemaleGuestModel=7

The clan tags are pretty much self explaining, the don't need to be in front or behind a players name
to be detected, the mutator will look for the clan tag anywhere in the playername.
Setting the skin and face settings can be tricky, but you can always set the
wanted configuration of the player in your game and then open the user.ini file
to find the correct settings, just look for:

skin=
Face=

The player model to set is explained above under " Models supported:".

Once settings are done save the changes and upload the *.int, *.ini and *.u file to your server.

Open your servers UnrealTournament.ini file and add to the package list as the last mutator:

ServerPackages=DanesSkinManagerV2

Then add to your servers command line as last mutator:

DanesSkinManagerV2.DanesSkinManager

reboot the server.

You can also choose to add the mutator from webadmin by adding: "TheDanes Skinmanager V2" from the mutator list.

------------------------------------------------------

change log:

DanesSkinManager : initial release

DanesSkinManagerV2: fixes and optimizing
- Fixed so players gets skinned/moddeled if he does a disconnect/reconnect.
- Optimizing of var arrays and netcode for better performance and compatibility.
- added feature to enable/disable logging of changes done to the players for easier troubleshooting.

-------------------------------------------------------
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Quick update. Been looking at my server config and remembered some stuff.

It was ValAvatar I used to accomplish forcing players to all be cows. (version 5v)

In addition to setting DefaultPlayer=cowfix.tcowfixed in the ValAvatar.ini file
I added all the default UT playerclasses into the BadClasses[] list.

I think I also set the AllowClientOverride to False, but not sure on that bit....

Also set the Class, Skin and OverrideClass variables in the servers UnrealTournament.ini
file to be the cowfix cow. In the [URL] section.
(Not sure if that made a difference or not. This was 10 years ago.)

Remember, as Jack posted above. Just because you can do something doesn't make it a good idea.

I ran with that config for at least a year, and people never stopped bitching about it.
Used a more standard type ValAvatar config for a few years, but then eventually took it off also.

This above method did not change any setting on the client side other than in-game, but it seems most
players hate it anyway. However they do not complain much about being restricted to just the default
player classes, so that is the best choice I have found.

If I want to use a bunch of crazy skins on a server, I just slap them on the bots.
blarg