EasyMute

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
MEAT
Adept
Personal rank: better then you...

EasyMute

Post by MEAT »

A great mod (EasyMute) to block or mute naughty players from sending messages and using voice messages.
But the problem is, it only works when an admin is in game to set it up and it only works for that particular map.
Does anyone know of a mod that does the exact same thing but can be setup in advance to block certain players
from using voice packs and typing messages?
EasyMute_v16.zip
(6.51 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
UT99.org

Re: EasyMute

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Nexgen
Anti-Floodv13 http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... oodv13.zip
AutoTauntOff2 http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... ntOff2.zip
NoAutoTaunt http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... oTaunt.zip

and the beast VoiceSpam
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... ceSpam.zip
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... 58&start=0
Spoiler
VoiceSpam: impose a limit on the amount of taunts a player can send per match
============================================================================= version 1.0
by "adminthis"

Overview:
#########
This serveractor keeps track of how many taunts each player has broadcast during the match. If it exceeds a predefined limit, their ability to send further voice messages is revoked. Features include:

* Define the maximum allowed amount of messages sent per player, per match.
* Reinforce the voice message block of players that rejoin.
* Send a custom message to the player, informing him/her of the block.
* Broadcast a custom message to other players informing them of the player's block.
* Team games support: do not count team taunts (orders, friendlyfire etc.) or include all taunts.
* Disable taunts entirely for all players.

History:
########
version 1.0 [30-9-2008]
- Initial release.

Installation:
#############
Extract 'VoiceSpam.u' and 'VoiceSpam.ini' to the ..UnrealTournamentSystem folder of your server.
Open the ini file of the server (default: UnrealTournament.ini) and add the following entry under [Engine.GameEngine]:

ServerActors=VoiceSpam.VoiceSpam

The result might look similar to this:
[Engine.GameEngine]
MinClientVersion=432
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerActors=VoiceSpam.VoiceSpam

Configuration:
##############
The file VoiceSpam.ini contains the settings.

MaxMsg [default value: 20]
--------------------------
The amount of messages a player can send per match. Once it has reached this number, the player can no longer send voice messages for the remainder of the match.

bReinforce [default value: True]
--------------------------------
If True, the voice message block of a player is reinforced if he/she rejoins during the current match. Set to False if rejoining should clear the block.

bPlayerMsg [default value: True]
If True, the player will be informed about exceeding the MaxMsg limit.

MsgToPlayer [default value: You have reached the maximum amount of taunts allowed for this match.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If bPlayerMsg=True, this message is sent to a player when exceeding the MaxMsg limit. If bReinforce=True, this message is also shown upon rejoining the match.

bBroadcast [default value: True]
If True, other players will be informed of the voice message revocation.

MsgToBroadcast [default: The voice message capabilities of %Player% have been revoked.]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If bBroadcast=True, this message is sent to other players when someone has exceeded the MaxMsg limit. This message contains a special part: %Player%. This MUST be in the message since it serves as a placeholder for the playername of the player that has exceeded the limit. You could create your own message as follows:

For illustrative purposes, let's assume we have a player called Tom. We would like the message to say "The voice of Tom is gone!", instead of the default message. In that case, you would enter MsgToBroadcast=The voice of %Player% is gone!

This message is not broadcast for players that rejoin or when bDisableTaunts=True.

bTeamGames [default value: True]
This setting is not applicable to non team games.

If True, team messages (acknowledgments, orders, etc.) also count towards a player's MaxMsg limit. If False, team taunts are ignored. Ignoring these opens the possibility for players to spam team messages (such as "Got it!" and "Defend the base.") to their team mates indefinitely. Note: once a player has exceeded the MaxMsg limit, he/she loses the ability to send ANY taunts, including team taunts.

In non team games, all taunts count towards the MaxMsg limit of a player (equal to bTeamGames=True).

bDisableTaunts [default value: False]
-------------------------------------
If True, taunts are blocked in its entirety. Set this to True if you want to disable taunts on your server.

Known Bugs & Limitations
------------------------
Player shown in voice menu: if the game is a team game and bTeamGames=True, both teams are assigned an invisible "player" that tracks voice messages. It should normally not show up in the game, but is erroneously listed in the voice message menu as "Player". This player cannot affect anything; it's merely an issue of aesthetics.

Multiple people playing from the same connection: if bReinforce=True, other players that share an Internet connection with a player in the game that has exceeded its limit, will also get their voice message sending capabilities revoked for the remainder of the match.

Team games with more than two teams: bTeamGames=True is not supported for multi-team games.

Notes:
######
Source code is available in the ../Source folder. I hope this is of help to others, just as their code was of help to me :)

Credits/Questions:
##################
nogginBasher (also thank him for the idea) ...and all others whose code examples have been of invaluable help!

If you've got a question, suggestion or bug report, please post in the appropriate topic at http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/ or send me, that is "adminthis", a PM on aforementioned website.
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

Thanks for the mods medor, I've tried a couple of them but none of them are exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm looking to block/mute one individual...not everyone.
Basically I want to plug in a name, IP or ID in advance that blocks a player from making a sound.
Hopefully that makes better sense?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

something like restricting a single player individually?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I find this topic reminding me of television filters. Y'know, how they BLEEP curse words? Excepting that each channel has their own standards for what's a naughty word. Some allow things others don't...

...and nobody seems to BLEEP anything in a foreign language that's a swear word!

Would any kind of mutator to block naughty content from the text box work on only 1 language or multiple langauges?
MEAT wrote:I'm looking to block/mute one individual...not everyone.
Wouldn't it be simpler just to block the guy from the server altogether?

Better yet, get something that makes anything that 1 guy says translate into Pig-Latin. Or Klingon!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

papercoffee wrote:something like restricting a single player individually?
Yes...single out the player, in advance, without having to be online.
So for example...if evilgrins pisses me off, he is more then welcome to play on my server
but he is not allowed to type one word or use a voice pack...until I remove him from my
"no talkie" list.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

MEAT wrote:
papercoffee wrote:something like restricting a single player individually?
Yes...single out the player, in advance, without having to be online.
So for example...if evilgrins pisses me off, he is more then welcome to play on my server
but he is not allowed to type one word or use a voice pack...until I remove him from my
"no talkie" list.
That's just gonna make me walk up to your character and do that taunt that looks like the male soldier is pelvic humping you!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:I think nexgen do that but i"m sure because not a nexgen user :roll:
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... N-full.rar
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

Say no more...literally.
Thanks for the updated version Feralidragon.
EasyMuteV2013.zip
(8.55 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

basher made one that didnt quite work 100%.. now that i think about it. how it was supposed to work.. was players could mute other players via !mute <player_name> or <id> then all chat/vp's could be muted between those individual players (no admin required) ^_^
the concept was really good.. perhaps even add a type 1,2,3 to the end of it.. 1=block chat, 2=block vp and 3=block all.

!mute

help: !mute <player_ids> <type>
type: 1-Text , 2-Voice , 3-All.
------------------------------
[01] NoisyShit
[02] Otherguy
[03] ShutMeUp
[04] Haha!
------------------------------

^ something like that into console.. then

!mute 01 02 03 3 or !mute all 3

haha!

thinks now.. need !unmute cmd

help: muted players..

[01] NoiseyShit
[02] ShutMeUp
[03] Otherguy

!unmute 03

add something like.. !mute all 2 > which could mute all vp's from all players as well ;)..

yer.

*instead of types=numbers maybe like this;

!mute 01 chat
!mute 02 voice
!mute all voice
!unmute all
even !silence ... huh
MEAT
Adept

Post by MEAT »

Eight downloads so far...glad to see that some people are interested in this new and improved mod other than me.

And thanks again goes out to guys like Feralidragon, gopo and mappers like THUNDERBOLT for keeping UT99 alive.