skins by country

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
UT99.org

skins by country

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:just an idea through

It will be great if someone do a mutator for force model by country.
1 Skin by country like countryflags.
It can also detect whether a player use a proxy.

Be fun for wars pug and cups
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: skins by country

Post by UnrealGGecko »

That would probably need A LOT of textures (over 200) but I like the idea because I'm one hell of a patriot. :rock:
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

Why not to make a kind of small sprite flag that flying over player's head?

Edit---------------------------------------- by papercoffee

Make it bUnlit false to prevent player detection if he hiding in dark corners..

Can you please avoid double posts?
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:ip2location_aol tried to get around proxy by using timezones i think it was only USA and germany so it was easy to correct. My reccommendation is similar, have clientside send a new connection whether tcp udp to a mod running on the server. Which wouldn't work on VPNs but direct connections like ubertunnel it would. The timezone is not going to work where half the countries in the area show the same timezone

Instead of making a skin for each country you expect to play on the server. Try setting one of the multitextures on the playerpawn with a country flag texture from the desired flag package. There was a thread about skin changing not too long ago on here. This will take a lot of messing around with before you find something that looks good. Because of the stretch on that texture package, You might find it looks best to put their flag on the bottom of their shoes or something like that
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There's a skinpack for the Xan-Boss model where it's got the stylized flags of about 15 countries in it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Which wouldn't work on VPNs
cool like that no ned proxi detector

Maybe we can only change texture for default skins ? like http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?search ... archMode=f
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:On second thoughts my idea of stretching the flag to the shoes is terrible. I am dead against blurry textures in my game and refuse to use anything that is not of the highest quality. A couple other ideas though that shouldnt be too hard, seperate countries by giving them playerskin color, or have the players renamed so the scoreboard has their 2 letter country code at the end of their name. If you let the players choose their own flag you will solve the VPN problem but it could be even more inaccurate when players get to decide on what they want
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:with vpn you mean by proximity?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:no with VPN I mean Virtual Private Network. I would volunteer to do everything for ya except the flag onto player part, seriously though how would it look on the bottom of the shoes. Sorry but I'm not even prepared to open a skin in a skin editor or unrealed to check to see if this a seperate texture or is it joined to the legs. What I'm saying is if you try stretching a flag to their whole body you are only going to have a mess. And, I assume all models have different "shoe sizes" which means it will be a lot harder to generate new shoe textures
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:Sorry but I'm not even prepared to open a skin in a skin editor or unrealed to check to see if this a seperate texture or is it joined to the legs.
For the default skins is it most of the time part of the lower part section of the two or three textures ...sometimes is it even in the upper part, but never separate.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Is it the way for make skins by country with iptocountry flags and detection ? http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=13& ... kin#p52581 Image
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

I can't help but think of Iron Man patriot. (Hmm Iron Man UK, Iron Man Germany, Iron Man Holland... xD)
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Or not better if you see the player name + (HP) beside the countryflag?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

In MH2Gold there is the code for this entire project. Create a texture pack with the top 40-50 country flags (honestly you won't need but about 20) and use the return from the ip2country class I had in there to choose the texture to apply to the player. This would take less than an evening to do if someone wants to take it on. I did all the heavy lifting by working out how to get the country text into the scoreboard, just use that because it's all properly replicated.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:hahah, aren't scoreboards like the easiest thing you will ever make. Heavy lifting, sorry if this was not a joke

Seriously though why dont we go for the bottom of the shoes, or will the different shape (player) meshes and the bottom of feet being conjoined to upper leg make this not an option?