Random Mutators

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
awergh
Novice

Random Mutators

Post by awergh »

So there are already so many mutators out there but I was wondering if there was a mutator that would randomly select mutators from a list and load them into the game.
Basically this means that you can have fun varied crazy games with interesting and potentially conflicting mutators. Essentially what I want is almost the equivalent of xmaps for mutators.

Now the question is does this already exist somewhere or do I have to finally getting around to learning unrealscript and do it my self? (obviously I don't want to do something if it already exists)
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: Random Mutators

Post by MrLoathsome »

That is a very interesting question......
blarg
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

not seen that b4.. perhapa and a random weapon /ammo spawner in there as well.. this sounds like something MrLoathsome would be inclined to build lol.
^_^
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

It exists, yes. I had one once. Probably still do.

There was a mutator that was a main junction mutator that connected to a number of other mutators that came with it. 10 in all. You could select which ones you wanted and it would randonly spread them out to all the players in the game. Granted, the mutes were all sicknesses.

Farting, moving slower, tendency to glow in the dark, etc.

I'm not sure I still have it or if it could be applies to any other random number of mutators.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

awergh
Novice

Post by awergh »

I tried that mutator in both single player and multiplayer and it pretty much doesn't work. Playing with it you get Flak Arena, Minigun Arena, Jump Match, Low Gravity and thats about it. Its almost exactly the same every time it's not really what I was hoping for. I think what i want is something a bit more fleshed out then just picking 3 mutators at random. I think it really needs banlists on mutators that aren't exciting enough like no redeemer etc and definitely more then 3 mutators if you want. Guess I'll have to try making my own sometime when I shouldn't be busy unless of course someone else decides to.