Pawns who guard, protect, follow you and kill your enemies?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
heliumcat
Skilled

Pawns who guard, protect, follow you and kill your enemies?

Post by heliumcat »

Are there any more good mutators around that have these kind of custom pawns besides NW3 (cybots)?

Anyone planning on making these?

I'm pretty sure they are a huge pain in the *** to make but they are so damn enjoyable.

The Cybots from NW3 are just PERFECT at that department, so I'm wondering if there is more of this around.

I'm also a giant fan of turrets, like Chaos UT's one, it's only a shame it doesn't target monsters yet, like the Cybots do, but that doesn't make it crap.

If I was better at coding, modelling and skinning I would have tried to make my own, but it's too complex to make for the average person I think.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Pawns who guard, protect, follow you and kill your enemi

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, the only custom pawns I know that somewhat do that are the ONP followers (Operation Na Pali campaign from Team Vortex, they have Nali, Skaarj and humans that are able to follow you around and carry a weapon to help you out and protect you).

I also think there's a mod with spider bombs on it. They don't follow you around or anything, but you can use them to attack enemies (like their UT2k4 version counterpart).

And you're right about the part of "pain in the ass to make"... I think in the cybots department most of my sweat went for the Android cybot alone just to make it smart enough (the flying ones were far easier since they don't have to worry about the ground or lack of).
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Two friendly in this pack http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=2024
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

Thanks, gonna try these monsters you mentioned soon.

I remember there was a small mutator out there for ut99 that featured small translocator projectiles following the players and bots and I don't remember anymore what it did or what the name was but it did either make you stronger or the enemy weaker, or both and if you were unlucky you could of lose those things while your enemy goes running with all of them.

Was something similar to the healthbots and the drones that were made for UT2004 back in the day, the drones for UT2004 could actually shoot projectiles towards other players and they had a pretty slick and independant code, like you could easily code them that way so you could use multiple different versions of them at once without compatibility issues.