LogoSplash (Adding Array) Help Needed

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

LogoSplash (Adding Array) Help Needed

Post by Wises »

woke up this morning and had a thought for Muti-Server Builders.

We've probably all seen LogoSplashV3 in action on several servers.

however Iam looking to extend this in a couple of ways for Multi-Server type setups as follows;

> Allow Different Logo's for each independant GameType/mode
> possibly allow for Extra Flag Textures for 4 team CTF Setups.
> Allow Different Sounds for each independant GameType/mode

just to elaborate on the goal here, Lets say that for example the user/admin has 3 gametypes; DM , CTF , LMS
each of these gametypes could have different logo's depicting the kind of gametype has been voted. so;

DM > Logo Welcome to 'My Server' DEATHMATCH , play sound 'MyServer DeathMatch'
CTF > Logo Welcome to 'My Server' CAPTURE THE FLAG , play sound 'MyServer Capture The Flag'
LMS > Logo Welcome to 'My Server' LAST MAN STANDING , play sound 'MyServer Last Man standing'

Image Image Image

^ Visually there could be a different image/logo for each independant gametype.
^ This mod would be based on mapVoteLA13 so therefore should allow for upto 16 variations
^ this mod would be loaded via Mapvote (instead of by ServerActor) allowing for each individual setting to be allocated to each gametype.

----------------
Custom Flags
----------------

Although not a biggy , in my situation but as an additional aspect to this awesome mod , it is lacking the ability to support 4 teams.
perhaps some kind individual would be knowledgable to also include the ability to do this also. Missing teams I think are Gold & Green.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
:help:
UT99.org

Re: LogoSplash (Adding Array) Help Needed

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:For start you can use multi modessplash with no actor for each gametype.
For 4 flags http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... agsALL.rar
Hamp models http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=1616
Same for sounds launch it with mapvotela and no actors

If you have difficulty to load without actors you can set this DynamicActorLoader
There is a mod to by helen http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... gle350.rar
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Iam Working with the author RUSH to see if we can get this implemented.

hopefully will have something next few days.
Prestus
Novice
Personal rank: Monster Hunter

Post by Prestus »

I have make a class for photoshop, and i formed in basic and advanced...

I can help you, but im not very professional :P
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

all goods mate :)

thank you for dropping by. Hopefully the Original Author will remedy the code to allow for 16 configurations soon :)

however if not then he has informed me of the following;
RUSH wrote: It should be fairly easy. Just copy the configuration into an array and provide a modename for each of the logo/sound configuration sets.
LogoSplashV3 logic should remain the same, only change would be to detect gametype and load a different set of options.
Just decompile LogoSplashV3 and modify to your needs. You may publish it as LogoSplashV4.
Regards,
RUSH
however Iam not that experienced as yet and would'nt know where to start in repsect to 'Arrays' as such.
be good to learn though :D
-=SoP=-axewound
Average

Post by -=SoP=-axewound »

medor wrote:For start you can use multi modessplash with no actor for each gametype.
For 4 flags http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... agsALL.rar
Hamp models http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=1616
Same for sounds launch it with mapvotela and no actors

If you have difficulty to load without actors you can set this DynamicActorLoader
There is a mod to by helen http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... gle350.rar
You should check out the links medor posted. I think what you are trying to develop is already achievable?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I thought you already started a thread like this but not specific to the logo. And someone said what I would've said, either have an actor check the gametype and change the array settings, or have different actors to be voted in and do it that way
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

can't get my head around how you (I) would run multiple instances of logosplash + config .. assume using medtoggle.. however I have not yet used this mod.
how does that work?.. I have logosplashV3 and the config for this is in the .ini , however if I wanted to have it load a separate config (same .ini , different settings) Iam not sure how this would work.. unless Medtoggle has the ability to 'on-the-fly' update the .ini settings per map change?

I shall go read up on it now. Re: 4xteam maps , that one is possibly answered above (thanks medor).. however that was just an observation I noticed when looking into the mod for the purposes outlined in first post. My main goal here is to have a different logo load on each individual gametype voted mainly. And perhaps play a different sound as well.

basically so when players join at any given point in time it will display something which indicates the gametype/stlye being played at the instance.
also to be clear'er.. I want to knock down on the Mutator chain , as there are already 150 mods (lol'd) running for the gametypes already.. (well 5-6+serveractors?) and adding 3-4 more I feel is getting a bit high. also rather hackish and irrelevant considering that logoSplashV4 could do all of this in itself.. as noted by RUSH above?

Like someone recently said in regards to new mods etc.. and I think (Jack) said lets rather look at improving what we already have. That I think inspired this post as well in some part. And well I think it would be cool to have something like this on MultiServer 'type' setups.

no I haven't double posted this anywhere else 'afaik' other threads are for other things , idea's concepts and possible solutions from a 'project managers' POV for 'other' coders to perhaps work there magic , if they feel the need to do so.

perhaps you are reffering to the ServerQuery thread idk. ;)

thank you all for your replies , very much appreciated.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:No you definitely mentioned it in another thread I even found it, it was suggested to make an actor to check the gametype. But anyway I will tell you how to get this over with and not need a second thread

you make serveral actors they can all be compiled in one file. your dependency is the logo package. But not the logo texture itself, those come under are serverpackages. In each of the actors (each name will correspond to a different logo) you will want to call up the config file so give it a variable and any name you choose, spawn it, change the variables in the array [and you can leave the original mutator untouched]. add the actor names to each of the mapvote sections you want a different one for. or use the dynamic package loader to add packages and actors required
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

billybill wrote:No you definitely mentioned it in another thread I even found it, it was suggested to make an actor to check the gametype. But anyway I will tell you how to get this over with and not need a second thread
^ Cool , which thread was that?.. i assume the post medor wrote above;
you make serveral actors they can all be compiled in one file. your dependency is the logo package. But not the logo texture itself, those come under are serverpackages. In each of the actors (each name will correspond to a different logo) you will want to call up the config file so give it a variable and any name you choose, spawn it, change the variables in the array [and you can leave the original mutator untouched]. add the actor names to each of the mapvote sections you want a different one for. or use the dynamic package loader to add packages and actors required
^ sounds like a complex solution to getting it sorted tbh.
Cheers.. :omfg:

tbh I would rather an inbuilt remedy to the already existing mod by RUSH.. it would be much simpler to use and therefore more feasible.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Ned a logoSplashV4 with animated gif logo :mrgreen:
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

^hehe true that!.. don't think that , that is quite possible loool.

then again .. if you can get animated textures , perhaps theres a way.. :)

like the lightning textures and stuff.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Yeah, you can do animated. In fact there's quite a lot you can do with logos that's never been done. For instance Dane made a really cool animated splash where letters circled around a center point with fade-in and music. It was simplish code and was quite nice.

The problem is that players tire of it quickly to be honest. The first few times is 'cool' but it doesn't take long for you to start trying to ESC out of it, no matter how short it is.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

true lol , still pretty cool .. do you still have that mod Mate?

maybe something to look at incorporating into V4 hehe , for me personally though I am just looking to have a separate logo for each gametype , well kinda.. same logo (different image) depicting the gametype in play I guess. so people will get used to whats - what etc.. often get alot of ppl come in and WTF?.. so I guess once they get used to certain 'Images' they will know instantly if the wish to play or not.

at least thats the theory lol.

also .. regarding your dancing girls mod.

Q?.. how / what / where - would I;

use trophies and custom music?

I think because alot of players computers are in public places , many get a bit .. shy ?.. that theres lil chickies dancing around there manly game screens in the center of the lounge.. and I 'm guessing that a few have had there ears Thwacked by the Mrs lmao,.

So I disabled it temp until I could find the Trophy thing and get in incorporated.

cheers,.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Just swap the model for anything you like. If you follow how I set it up for dynamic skins you can set it up to use dynamic models. The code is just placeholder anyway, the actual rendering of the models, songs, and lights can be anything you want it to be.
So long, and thanks for all the fish