AFK Mod (Help)

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

AFK Mod (Help)

Post by Wises »

Well this one kinda just just come back to me , so I thought that I'd get it out over-here into my new visual diary (as such)

Basically I was thinking ... based on certain players behaviour this came to mind;

concept:
=======

> based on player inactivity , rename them & send into spectator mode.
^ perhaps after the initial (set idle period) has expired & (weather server is full-or-not) :tu:
> however if server-fills then kick from spec mode if they are indeed AFK so new players can join.
^ Tricky (perhaps check player+spec limits before kicking..
^ some kind of timer on specs like must move-mouse or press any key every xxmins or so
^ or kick at EOR (End Of Round)

> Rename AFK| Players back to <Player-Name> if they re-join (console reconnect)?
^ either by intercepting the '!p' cmd and renaming player before (rejoining them)
^ or detecting @ interval / tick?.. any player names that have AFK| and renaming them accordingly?
^ or some other more efficient way know only to you ninja coders ;)

for a good code base for the above problem I have thought. Kickidlers (mod) would be a fantastic start.

it does most of what I have requested above and Iam sure with a couple of tweaks (ie; removing the spammy message whilst typing)
and adding code for AFK|spectator.

Anyways thats it . Would be pretty fantastic if someone could/would zap that up for us :)

Cheers

^curtesy of draw.io
UT99.org

Re: AFK Mod (Help)

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:yeah, recode it to instead of kicking the idle player, servertravel them into spec. I think there are more than one ways to move a player into spec and if I remember right from trial and test in different versions, with other mods etc, this way will never give you problems. That is a start, the rest of what you are saying you can ask individual questions if you want help. Another thing, make sure you credit the author in your re-coded version and if you release it as idleplayerspec or whatever you should never try and claim it is your work
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

The problem with forcing to spec is that not all servers have slots for them. It's better to avoid that way of doing things.

Oh, and don't alter player name. That's uncool and should never be done.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Oh yeah he's right, the servertravel can use any model, skin, any name and it will save. You can instead catch the entry and change to your hearts contempt and nothing there will be saved unless I am mistaken. However, if the player specifically goes to the player setup they will see the "changed" version of themselves and although not saved to the User.ini, if they make any change at all it will save the whole lot. Where if they went offline it should if i am again not mistaken, go back to what is saved in the config file

You can still servertravel to spec. However increase the spec slots first, restore them at the start of the next round or keep them high. But if you want to change their name and not have it save you will need to catch their entrance

You mentioned a few other things like detecting whether they are "back" from when they are in spectate mode. Sounds like one of those things I have no idea how to do. Good luck

Edit: I've mentioned catching entries a couple times on these forums, please let me know if you require any clarification. I am mostly talking about changing their login parameters, you can do similar stuff like changing their playername through playpawn.playername, I do have questions over whether this new name saves when they change servers though
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

thanks for idea's;

personally I have no problems renaming players to afk|<player_name> as it shows other players (*waiting to frag/play*) that the player just randomly fkd off for a toilet stop or something. Rather then... them pondering , 'uhh , wonder if he's still there?'

tbh I really don't care much for UT politics.. (not taking the piss!) just stating my own personal opinion.

the mods / concepts that I have are created to assist in helping the game to grow and maintain a solid player base. As you will see over the years.. the projects I have had input into and have tried to get off the ground.

anyway .. this in particular project will be able to detect if player is idle , all done via anti-idler infact so no biggy there.
next part is to (instead of alert player 150x's that they will be kicked if they don't play) rename the player to akf|<player_name>

when the idler detects that the player has returned then it will rename the player back to <player_name> :)

^ THAT should be piss easy.

Next Part , if Server is full then .. it will check free_spectator_slots.. before moving the player into spec and alerting them of what has happened.

^ Also probably very simple.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

It's not a part of politics, it's a matter of pissing off the player. I can assure you that if you change someone's name and force them to reset it they won't come back to your server. I've dealt with this stuff for a very long time and I've heard the player input for years. Don't change their settings, end of story. If you do you will lose them and sometimes risk reprisal if it catches them on a bad day.

Besides there are better ways of ID'ing an AFK player to the rest of the group. Add a colored overlay to them, force them to FeignDeath, ghost them. Hell, be creative.

BTW, this is a bit personal but it's good to see you two having a civil convo. Well played gentlemen.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Hehe if anything i was thinking, it would form a afk|clan lmao

This actual concept arises from what ive seen. In terms of creativity.. what would be good is if the server spawned a bot..
Which idk how to do..

The idea.. with regards to renaming/auto-push-spec
Is... to give the other player 2 things

》notification that afk|player will be back
》something to do .. other then, run around an empty map for 5mins b4 leaving.

And yes bb has been very helpful lately .. which is indeed good.. he does have alot to offer the community.. :gj:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:That "question" I had, i'm pretty sure in fact you can change their name in that way without it being changed when they change servers.

Anyway on the off-topic of Jack's, Wises has apologised to me in private. I admire his tenacity, my servers are in direct competition to his, mine in south east asia and his in oceania. Mine are empty as can be but according to gametracker get more traffic than his. However, I still haven't forgotten the phone calls and abuse although he only admitted to making one phone call and didn't think it was a big deal (caller-id says it happened many times). I was contemplating moving house, changing the number I had for 10+ years etc but in reality the people I lived with would not let him intimidate me which was always re-assuring, especially when Wises would brag about gang connections and talk himself up about himself IRL etc. Note that he got my personal details from a rented game server I gave him to mess around with. Oh and lets not forget googling my name, finding someone with the same name as me and posting pictures up. This stuff is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

^tbh bb u were very close to a visit.. u made myself/and our community very angry..

Only reason I did not come up to see u was.. my mrs.. luckily she has better brains then myself.

You have costed us and many others alot of money and time with your actions.. and there are quite a few that felt the way i did.

However.. i did go about it the wrong way.. and have since realised that.. that was not the way to handle things..

For that iam sorry.

As for fb another member forwarded me those details.. and the phone calls.. never came from me.

However we live and learn. And in the end.. all thats goin to happen is ut will lose another couple of noBodies.. i guess ;)

In terms of competition.. I dont compete.. just provide.
For the love of the game. However we have Ddos type individuals down here that do.. and will do anything to defame/wreck/ruin things because of this so called 'competativeness' ..

Slowly these individuals are killing the game..

^this is why gameservers stopped providing servers and other co's wont allow gameservers.

Now the file repository is gone... not long now.

Hopefully newnet will pull it back up a bit idk.

So lets just put an end to this here and now.

For UT's sake.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:You admitted in your 100 page thread where you posted the photos that it was "one little phone call", as i said the caller ID has a lot more. You know that this talk of visiting I could forward to the police right? I'm serious. You don't fuck up someones day to day life because your server is not as populated as you would like it to be

And you are right about the DDossing, unfortunately it's the same guys who do the aimbotting, so it's a hard choice to make, ban them and be ddossed or let them cheat. It's an absolute joke and needs sorting out

I did have intentions to get a dedicated server, however it was never intended to be a redirect. Times have changed though who knows what the future will bring
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

like I said
So lets just put an end to this here and now.

For UT's sake.
:ironic2: