God Like | Nub Assist ~ Mod Idea

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

God Like | Nub Assist ~ Mod Idea

Post by Wises »

Just thinking in respect to players who Own others and a couple of idea's that may/not assist with this sort of stuff.

Firstly a God like mod , well all this is to do , is ... remove the Health/strength Caps. Allowing Players to become Super man Strong/Healthy during a match.
could have a Krytonite type thing thrown in the works , which could actually make health decrease. And maybe some kind of Healing Potion (or collect 5 Vials or 2 Health Packs) kinda thing.

yeah well that is kind like the fatboy mod but .. well as you can see different.

Next part is the Nub Assist.. once a player has been killed xx times in a row.. nub assist kicks in. how this works .. is after the predefined kill ratio has been hit .. each new respawn of player (losing) make them stronger.. by adding armour/health and slowly increasing it up to a max limit. After this limit if still dying .. maybe give them (the loser) all weapons as well..

so like there could be some kind of announcer , like in monster hunt which says / displays (NUB ASSIST) and then.. after re-spawning (YOU FEEL STRONGER) + Increase_Health + Increase_Armour
^ perhaps start off by increasing Health , Then Increasing Armour.. upto the point that the NUB spawns with Full/Health + Full Armour. After this , They Spawn with FH/FA/AW (All weapons).

something like that.
:loool:
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Re: God Like | Nub Assist ~ Mod Idea

Post by UTDeath »

About the Godlike mod.
Are you thinking on an event that makes a player godlike or a pick up? or something else?
There's SpellUNREAL which makes you godlike for a short period of time after you pick up all the letters. Perhaps you know it or not, check it out.
And the kryptonite kind of thing should be another pick up, right? one that the godlike player can't pick up so other players get the chance to kill him.
Also, how many players would be godlike?

About the Newbie Assist.
This one doesn't sound too hard, it would take the Death Count value to know how many times a player dies and give him the bonus according to the deaths.
I don't know how to display messages on screen though, only in the broadcast.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

heya buddy , the god like thing kinda sets in if you remove the limitations of the current health/armour system. This currently maxes out at 200/200 What I was implying is to remove this Limit via mutator/mod.

Therefore a skilled player could in a sense become very powerful and then in a sense invincible ?.. as such... depending on the round-time of course. with each belt,medkill/vial/armour pickup he/she could become kinda like the king of the hill.

thats all :)
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

The 2 of you keep coming up with good ideas, way faster than I can write them. LOL.

I will file this near the bottom of my current list.... One, or perhaps both of you should be able to make this mutator happen if you try hard I think.
Try to get it working before I have time to look at it, so I don't have to. HA! Tip. Refrain from looking at similar mods. Look at the UT source, and try to
make a new thing. If you do look at other mods, make sure you know exactly what they are doing before you use the same method, or you could just end up
propagating errors.....
blarg
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

MrLoathsome wrote:The 2 of you keep coming up with good ideas, way faster than I can write them. LOL.

I will file this near the bottom of my current list.... One, or perhaps both of you should be able to make this mutator happen if you try hard I think.
Try to get it working before I have time to look at it, so I don't have to. HA! Tip. Refrain from looking at similar mods. Look at the UT source, and try to
make a new thing. If you do look at other mods, make sure you know exactly what they are doing before you use the same method, or you could just end up
propagating errors.....
lol :)

still trying to get my CS mod done lol, Ferali seems to have forgotten about me .. hehe

only got a small fix to implement then shes a winner.

and I maybe able to work on some of these.. see how she goes lol.

btw: thanks for the tip's
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Re: The Tips.

That is sort of the slow way to do things, but you will learn more.
You may end up "re-inventing the wheel" quite often.

Your wheel will probably roll the at about the same same speed as previous versions of it.
There is also a chance that it will be sorta square, and not roll well, and spam the log file with errors.

But, there is also a chance you might crank out a "wheel" that rolls faster than previous versions.

In any case, you will still be able to say. "No cut and paste here. I wrote this shit."
blarg
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Yup, it feels better when you're writing all the code. I was thinking on a little mutator already but since it involves more events, random numbers and a lit of stuff I think I will try the Nub Assist one before it.
I still don't quite get what you want for the Godlike one though.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@MrLoathesome hehe yes , Hexagonal wheels and the like , most definately the way to go lmao

problem I am having atm is.. do I go full-on with ut99 scripting , or move straight to ut3 engine so as to keep up with technology as well as have more freedom to develop?
seeming as the newer engines have alot more to offer in a sense.

for example , many years ago I had a concept which I looked into (kinda like an McEscher Style Map) but not really.. all I wanted to be able to do was have a character walk along the floor ... then up a wall (having his POV change as he proceeded to walk up the wall)

Code: Select all

2.)
   ------------------------
   |                      |
   |                     e|
   |                   |---
1.)|   ___b__         d|      3.)
   |   |    |          |---
   |   |    |            c|
   |__a|    |_____________|

4.)
^ so this is a front view of say a map , points b,d are buildings.. b) being on the bottom plane & d) being on the side wall plane.
now how I envisioned this map was that as player proceeds towards point c) they are walking as per normal.. as soon as they get to the wall nearest point c) their player , pov and world change to reflect which direction they are walking/looking.

so like .. when they are in normal view walking along plane 4) plane 2) is the roof (if they look up)
now when they get to plane 3.) plane 1.) becomes the roof (from their POV)
^ Basically from what I learn't is that you cannot change the player's rotation , in order to cater for this kind of map.

however in ut2k4-ut3 this is possible.

the main goal was to build a map in space which had buildings coming up from the ground , then in the distance you could see buildings projected towards you (roofs) and as you got nearer to these they would be horizontal to the player until the player got near point c) then the view would change and stuff..

anyways I think that , that makes no sense whatsoever lol.. forget it lmao

@UT_Death ,

re: god Like mod;

all we need is to remove the 200 (Health) / 200 (Armour) Limits.. Skilled players will be able to get like 1000+ health / 1000+ armour and basically be godlike.
however we then need some kind of rellic (kryptonite) that other players can get which will cause this Health/Armour to deplete at a descent rate .. I'd say by percentage of current health/armour.

not sure how the kryptonite thing would work as yet.. but yer lol.

maybe.. we replace the redeemer with it.. or alter the redeemer to not explode as such but to do some kind of ECMP thing.. where if the godlike player is with-in range of it.. they will then start losing health/armour.

they in turn need to collect 3 medkits.. or 60-100 health in order to stop this draining of their energy.

in terms of the deemer being the kryptonite .. perhaps its radius needs to be lessened ..

something like that.
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Lets see if I get this right? You want a code that lets players pick up health and armor items after they reach 199 health points and / or 150 armor points?
That should be so hard, perhaps just change the behavior of those items.
For the First Blood Bonus I made, players get s Shield Belt with any value they want. I tested it up to a million and the armor was there.
So changing the behavior of the items should to the trick so that they stack.
A different HUD may be needed though because the normal won't display more than 9,999 HP or 150 Armor even if they are there, that happens with my mutator.
For the kyptonite, perhaps a UDamage modification that detects when the victim has way too much HP or Armor and increase the power of the weapon according to those values.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Wises wrote: Next part is the Nub Assist.. once a player has been killed xx times in a row.. nub assist kicks in. how this works .. is after the predefined kill ratio has been hit .. each new respawn of player (losing) make them stronger.. by adding armour/health and slowly increasing it up to a max limit. After this limit if still dying .. maybe give them (the loser) all weapons as well..
Sounds like the "helping hand mod" ...where you get better weapons if you got killed too much.
Wises wrote: only got a small fix to implement then shes a winner.
and I maybe able to work on some of these.. see how she goes lol.
Who??
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Yeah lol 'helpinghand' is what it is.

Re: she , was talking about the comboshock mod.. was trying to add antispam into it.

However that failed.. and ive run out of ideas.

:)
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Is this dead?
Hey Wises, I took a look at the health pickups code for a project on my own and it's actually pretty easy to go beyond the 199 health points and I think the same could be done for the armor.
Then an UDamage replacement could detect if the player HP is too high and increase the damage the weapon does, something like:
Player one has 2,000 HP, player two gets UDamage and a Rocket Launcher then shoots players one and three, player three gets normal damage while player one gets more damage because of his HP.
The main problem I see is the HUD that won't display more than 99,999 HP and 150 Armor.
You change that and I make your health and armor pickups.
The UDamage would need more time to be done, if made by me.
Last edited by UTDeath on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

^sounds cool bro :)

hmm HUD.. will have to look into some of The Danes Stuff as he has lots of custom HUD type stuff.
kean to see what youve come up with.

;)

just a thought here re; HUD.. because it appears to be a big task for something so simple.. how about adding undernieth or somewhere to the stock hud via mutator like rex_extended_CTF a couple of Extra Hud Items for the various health/Armour addon's.. so keep the stock Health / Armour Hud's.. then extend them or add extra boxes besides/under them with an ever increasing counter based on what players pickup. Belts/Armours/vials etc...
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Yes, I thought about that as well.
But my idea is much simpler, just text, the green text you usually see on the Unreal HUD and Scoreboards:
If we follow the example of the Thievery mutator then we can display the text saying something like "Armor: 530" just below the HP and Armor counters or better yet, let the players choose where they want it, just like the Thievery mutator does.
Last edited by UTDeath on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Fantastic . That should do it :)