Chat Emotes

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Chat Emotes

Post by UTPe »

Hi,
some time ago I read about "Chat Emotes", a mutator that was able to diplay animated icons into the chat box during gameplay.
I found it somewhere and I tried it on local game, wow, it worked fine (and I must say it was very funny !).
Now I would like to install it on a server but I don't know the correct configuration for this mutator (ServerActors=?, ServerPackages=?) and, unfortunately, nothing was written in the zip package I found online...anybody may help me ? did anybody already test this mutator and discover incompatibility problems with others mutators/mods ?
I also read that chat emotes are built by default in another mod, LeagueAS140: also in this case I found the files but nothing was written about the server configuration... :what:

thanks in advance,
Pietro
Attachments
chatemotes.jpg
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: Chat Emotes

Post by Wises »

I could'nt get this to work online , I suspect because I run Pure.

however to get it to work I think All you will need to do is the following;

Code: Select all

ServerPackages=ChatEmotesAlpha1
Mutator=ChatEmotesAlpha1.EmoticonMut
^ Give that a crack.

ChatEmotes Download
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

Thanks Wises,
that is the correct configuration, the mutator works fine also online but ChatEmotesAlpha1.u is not compatible with Nexgen :?
it's really a pity because it was very funny...

regards,
Pietro

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Yeah its not compatible because it resizes the chat window I think.. which is :\

you can disable the nexgen hud through nexgen.ini to get it to work however.. (this does not disable nexgen .. only the hud part btw)

also for future reference , unless the .int file is missing the mutator 'name' is always in there :)

unless server-side only package (something that does not require client upload) then send , ServerPackages=<package_name>.u (minus the '.u') of course.
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

Wises wrote:Yeah its not compatible because it resizes the chat window I think.. which is :\
you can disable the nexgen hud through nexgen.ini to get it to work however.. (this does not disable nexgen .. only the hud part btw)
for some reason, ChatEmotesAlpha1.u makes server to crash when Nexgen is active :confused2:
to make Chat Emotes work, I must remove Nexgen packages from the server

Code: Select all

;ServerActors=Nexgen111.NexgenActor
;ServerActors=NexgenX111.NexgenX
;ServerPackages=NexgenCC
;ServerPackages=Nexgen111
;ServerPackages=NexgenX111
so I can use one or another but not both of them (and obviously I need Nexgen...)

Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

interesting , I have it running with nexgen111 .. what is the .log file say.

try putting it closer to the top of the Packages List , Like .. after the botpacks.. give it some room , I normally have the nexgen Packages load towards the end of the list (bottom)

also have managed to resolve other issues with moving things 'that seemed to conflict' with other things.. around the list.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

This stuff is not works with Nexgen, not compatible bcoz this mutator change the chatwindow, and when you type is looks a red line and the text is yellow
So it's sux dont work just with the LeagueAS Mod
BTW Would be good in a new release in he next Nexgen it would be inside this ChatEmotes stuff
Im using ChatEmotes and DanesColored HUD in offline game and when I dont use the SmartCTF or SmartDM mutator works fine ;P
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

Wises wrote:interesting , I have it running with nexgen111 .. what is the .log file say.
try putting it closer to the top of the Packages List , Like .. after the botpacks.. give it some room , I normally have the nexgen Packages load towards the end of the list (bottom)
Thanks for the infos Wises but if I can't use emoticons when Nexgen is installed, I don't need to install both of them on server.
In this case, incompatibility problems go far beyond my personal interest :|

ASLYE702 wrote:BTW Would be good in a new release in he next Nexgen it would be inside this ChatEmotes stuff
Yes, it would be nice :P but I really don't know if Nexgen dev team is so interested in developing such a feature :what: