Need help for some Configuration: LMS/SLV/Translocator...

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Jabba
Novice

Need help for some Configuration: LMS/SLV/Translocator...

Post by Jabba »

Hello all UT99-Lovers,
I want to reconfigure my ut99 server and I have some important questions with the Mutators/Mods on it - I can't find solutions elsewhere on the internet.

LMS:
- On Standard LMS when two players remains they play possible multiple rounds until the match ends. I am looking for a LMS Version where the last two players get only 1 life for ending the match, even they would have much more lifes. For example the third player drops out of the match, then the last two players which have 5 : 3 lifes automatically get 1 : 1 lifes changed by the mutator, so the other players havent to wait such a long time.
I know there are LMS Mutators out there with this option, where can i get it from?

SLV:
- I changed the server gamespeed to 1.200000, so the gameplay is much faster and gaming much more intensive. But when I change gamespeed>1.0 the SLV HUD disappears often after some playing time, so players can't see the rest fuel or actual speed and so on. Is there a possibility to fix it? I use SLV 2.04, but 2.05 dont seems to fix it see history.
- When I start maps with slv that arent originally designed for slv, i can only find 2-3 slv's to drag there. Is there a possibility to increase the amount of SLV's on such maps without changing map-design?

TRANSLOCATOR:
- From public server XOL i know there is a possibility to make the translocator overheat after some intensive use, so people have to wait some time till next use of it. How can I set this up or where can I get a MOD for this?

MVREPORTER for irc chat:
- I have an old version of mvreporter, that can't handle LMS or Jailbreak Matches. Also it often pings out or would be kicked by excess flood. I have read there are newer versions of it like v2.3 or v3. Where can I get it from - cant find it anywhere... Or is there another MOD that works fine?

I would be very appreciate for any help.

Long live Unreal Tournament 99!!!
Jabba
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Re: Need help for some Configuration: LMS/SLV/Translocator..

Post by Metalfist »

Jabba wrote:SLV:
- I changed the server gamespeed to 1.200000, so the gameplay is much faster and gaming much more intensive. But when I change gamespeed>1.0 the SLV HUD disappears often after some playing time, so players can't see the rest fuel or actual speed and so on. Is there a possibility to fix it? I use SLV 2.04, but 2.05 dont seems to fix it see history.
- When I start maps with slv that arent originally designed for slv, i can only find 2-3 slv's to drag there. Is there a possibility to increase the amount of SLV's on such maps without changing map-design?
I never had issues with any version of SLV and changing gamespeeds (yes, I tested it with the slowest possible gamespeed and the fastest xD). One of our servers has a mapvote with options to run the game on 110% or 125%. Maybe post some configuration (ini files)/see what you are running it in combination with?

If you run the map with SLV arena all weapons will be replaced with SLVs.
If you run the map with just the SLV mutator, only redeemers will be replaced with SLVs.
I only know that you can adjust the map to have more redeemers.... Idk another way. I do know that the Nemesis X (by ferali) has an option that you can spawn some nemesis weapons near the flag.
Jabba
Novice

Post by Jabba »

Thank you Metalfirst for your comment.
I have activated one MOD after another and find the guilty part why the slv HUD does not work properly: It is UTPureRC7E.
Now I have a problem. I need it because I use the UTPure Zeroping (ZPPure7E) for LMS too.
And without cheatprotection the server makes no sense.
I have tested the newer Version UTPureRC7G, but it kicks people of server in the moment they want to use a slv.
Doesn't work UTPure with slv mutator generally? Or can i fix it in the UTPure settings?
When it doesnt works generally, the best solution is Nextgen or? I don't want the users to have install extra dll's like in ASC.

Here are my actually UTPure settings:

[UTPureRC7E.UTPure]
bUTPureEnabled=True
Advertise=0
AdvertiseMsg=1
bAllowCenterView=False
CenterViewDelay=1.000000
bAllowBehindView=False
TrackFOV=2
bAllowMultiWeapon=False
bFastTeams=True
bUseClickboard=True
MinClientRate=1000
bAdvancedTeamSay=True
bHitSounds=False
bTeamHitSounds=False
ForceSettingsLevel=2
bNoLockdown=True
bWarmup=False
bCoaches=False
bAutoPause=False
ForceModels=0
ImprovedHUD=1
bDelayedPickupSpawn=False
PlayerPacks[0]=BP1
PlayerPacks[1]=BP4
PlayerPacks[2]=
PlayerPacks[3]=
PlayerPacks[4]=
PlayerPacks[5]=
PlayerPacks[6]=
PlayerPacks[7]=
bTellSpectators=False
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

pure + slv = no go iirc.

:\
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:TrackFOV=0

and it's ok
Jabba
Novice

Post by Jabba »

Thx, but I have still the SLV HUD problems when changing to TrackFOV=0 :-(
AFAIK the Nextgen 1.12 Controller or ASC 760 Controller doesn't have any anticheat measures right?
So what do you prefer as actual anticheat for CTF, SLV, JB, LMS mutators on a multi-server?
Metalfist
Masterful

Post by Metalfist »

I also heard from others that UtPure + SLV, doesn't really work smoothly..
Nexgen has no anticheat measures, it's more to manage your server easily. It works fine with SLV and other gametypes.
For cheatprotection I would say ACE, it works with SLV afaik.
Jabba
Novice

Post by Jabba »

I throw UTPure away, because I love SLV and want it on my server :-)
So the SLV Problems are solved even if it would be nice to have a MOD that places more Redeemer on random places, so that I have more SLVs on the old maps. Perhaps I will have time to do this piece of sourcecode by myself...
As LMS I use now LMS++. Cant find a LMS that come up to my needs, so I will live with that.
I found MVREPORTER v3 on unrealtournament.99.free.fr ... very nice irc reporter.

The one and only thing I miss furthermore is the overheat protection for translocator. When somebody has an idea where I can get it from or how the MOD is called, plz tell me :-)

Thanx for your help anyway...
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

ok back ,

you do not need to ditch Pure altogether , And you can have it only run for other GameTypes aside from SLV.. how to do this is very easy ;
you need mapvoteLA13 or equivalent.. then , [;]comment out the Serveractors=UTPure.blah lines.

copy the ServerActor names instead and use them in MapVote for those GameTypes : Mutator="UtPure.blah,PureStats.blah,whatever.whatever" <- server actors.

^ That solves that problem , and Pure will only load for those gametypes. (Do not add to "SLV" Line of course)

Now in respect to SLV , do you use the Face classic map or any maps which have Teleports?.. if so then players can crash your server by flying into teleports on SLV.

here is the fix for this; TeleporterFix103 (not sure if there is a later version)
next thing you may find (in bot matches) that the bots will run around and pickup all the SLV's in the Map.. you can restrict this with; NoSLPickup (They will get one and thats it)
Not sure if you use DoubleJumpUT but I remember years ago when being taught SLV that this is another requirement and makes the game very enjoyable..

here are some settings for it to put into your ut.ini

Code: Select all

[DoubleJumpUT.DoubleJumpUT]
maxJumps=2
jumpType=0
jumpHeight=1.000000
Also Iam sure that the SLV Mutator has a setting to Spawn Extra Slv's Around the bases.

hope that helps.
Metalfist
Masterful

Post by Metalfist »

Wises wrote: you do not need to ditch Pure altogether , And you can have it only run for other GameTypes aside from SLV.. how to do this is very easy ;
you need mapvoteLA13 or equivalent.. then , [;]comment out the Serveractors=UTPure.blah lines.

copy the ServerActor names instead and use them in MapVote for those GameTypes : Mutator="UtPure.blah,PureStats.blah,whatever.whatever" <- server actors.

^ That solves that problem , and Pure will only load for those gametypes. (Do not add to "SLV" Line of course)
I think he wants to run the server with normal weapons + SLVs and not SLV arena only.
here is the fix for this; TeleporterFix103 (not sure if there is a later version)
next thing you may find (in bot matches) that the bots will run around and pickup all the SLV's in the Map.. you can restrict this with; NoSLPickup (They will get one and thats it)
Don't link to ut-slv.podservers downloads, those (and attachments) are broken with the move to the other host... -_- (I know I should have fixed that, but yeah seeing everything is kinda dead... it seems like a wasted effort)
Not sure if you use DoubleJumpUT but I remember years ago when being taught SLV that this is another requirement and makes the game very enjoyable..
It is not a requirement, but it can make the game enjoyable. The game is already enjoyable without doublejump, just a matter of taste and skill.
Also Iam sure that the SLV Mutator has a setting to Spawn Extra Slv's Around the bases.
No, it doesn't have that feature.
Jabba
Novice

Post by Jabba »

you do not need to ditch Pure altogether , And you can have it only run for other GameTypes aside from SLV.. how to do this is very easy ;

I thought I have tried it in this way with the MapVote for long time ago and thought it doesn't works, but I installed UTPure today with the method you said and it runs fine! Thank you, thats a good sollution for me.
Now in respect to SLV , do you use the Face classic map or any maps which have Teleports?.. if so then players can crash your server by flying into teleports on SLV.
I have installed TeleporterFix too and it works. I have tested it already :-) Doublejump is a nice MOD too and I have been using it for years.
But the NoSLPickup120 MOD makes problems, Maps like CTF-Almost has crashed today after some time when taking a SLV. Also I could pick up SLV's even when my maximum value defined in the ini has reached. And I had then more SLV's than allowed. I think this MOD is perhaps little bit buggy and I have to wait for newer version. But I like the idea of it!
In SLV204 is no entry in the ini-file for it. You can say if you want the SLV's beeing placed randmized, but thats all.
It would be nice if standard weapons could be replaced by Redeemers/SLV's - but not all, only one or two of them... For replacing all weapons there are already MODs/Mutators out there.
I think he wants to run the server with normal weapons + SLVs and not SLV arena only.
Yes so it is.
Metalfist
Masterful

Post by Metalfist »

But the NoSLPickup120 MOD makes problems, Maps like CTF-Almost has crashed today after some time when taking a SLV. Also I could pick up SLV's even when my maximum value defined in the ini has reached. And I had then more SLV's than allowed. I think this MOD is perhaps little bit buggy and I have to wait for newer version. But I like the idea of it!
Hmm that's odd, I never had problems with it
It would be nice if standard weapons could be replaced by Redeemers/SLV's - but not all, only one or two of them... For replacing all weapons there are already MODs/Mutators out there.
I think you can do that with some other mods like stuffswapper / WoRM etc., but there were some issues when you have multiple configurations... I'm not sure what it was again (been a long time ago that I fiddled with it), so you need to try out how it works. You can configure which weapon gets replaced by the type of (imported) weapon you want
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

have a look inside this puppy ;)

UTToolBox

Also.. I think so MedToggle350 goes the Extra Distance and you can Replace Specific Weapons on Specified Maps iirc..

the Random thing.. was pretty limited last I looked..
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
Jabba wrote: MVREPORTER for irc chat:
- I have an old version of mvreporter, that can't handle LMS or Jailbreak Matches. Also it often pings out or would be kicked by excess flood. I have read there are newer versions of it like v2.3 or v3. Where can I get it from - cant find it anywhere... Or is there another MOD that works fine?
LMS and Jailbreak default to the 1v1 deathmatch correct? You could de-compile it and add a couple more classes for these other game modes if you need extra stats

There are a few versions of this. I don't know which is latest but there are no major bugs or vulnerabilities in any of them as far as I know

To stop excess flood, if it's your irc server, change the config of the ircd to allow more lines, or give the bot higher privileges. Some networks like globalgamers you can ask to have the bot white-listed and then you add a line in the perform to activate it. Or increase the reporter's antiflooddelay in the UT ini by a second and if that doesn't help increase by another second and repeat
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

metalfist wrote: Don't link to ut-slv.podservers downloads, those (and attachments) are broken with the move to the other host... -_- (I know I should have fixed that, but yeah seeing everything is kinda dead... it seems like a wasted effort)
you could use ./htaccess redirecting with parameters ; like this : here

@dead .. yeah.. I think what we should do is store all the goodies in a safe somewhere and go on holiday for about 10 years.. then revive it once more.