NewNET Combo For zp|COMBOINSTAGIB?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
ASLY

NewNET Combo For zp|COMBOINSTAGIB?

Post by ASLY »

Any news about this project? http://www.unrealkillers.com/f20/combo-3783/
Someone don't seen, heard something about this mutator how much percent done the fix version?
UT99.org

Re: NewNET Combo For zp|COMBOINSTAGIB?

Post by UT99.org »

ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Yes I know but this is not compatible in the online game
Something wrong with the anti-spam or something like that...
(Buggy, sometimes your shot is not kill just boost) Thats what I know about this
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

no that version works fine online and has working antispam ;)

test on any of our servers below;

in fact there is a newer version which has 3 alternate Antispam Methods version 1e.. cache rape it if you need.

~ Limit Balls
~ Remove Last Shot |uk|Styles
~ Delayed Shots

only requirement for the time being is NewNet 5f or lower.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

I actually posted an update on this today here: http://www.unrealkillers.com/f20/combo- ... #post69925

Basically in the last few releases, there were some issues with grapple which have mostly been fixed but still some issues with the grapple not releasing the player. The combo rifle itself is ready. There will be no release until it is all 100% functional since the server is already functional now and is well liked. It would be a bad move to rip out and install new versions that are not a 110% replacement.

Once this is complete though (and some things to look forward to -notwithstanding- the benefits of newnet itself):
[*]The blast radius won't be as large as it is. However will remain the standard blast radius of shock rifle
[*]Alt fire will no longer insta kill or damage. (I'm not sure whether the alt fire will do any damage at all or not, this will be up for discussion on the forum)
[*]Players will be able to fire max 2 consecutive alt balls. This will help to confuse enemies and is better for tactical play
[*]Jumping on a player will no longer insta kill
[*]Grapple will no longer insta kill

List goes on, there will be a full release notes posted at http://www.unrealkillers.com forum in the (I anticipate) coming weeks.

Edit-------------------------- by papercoffee

I think this is a case where double post is allowed???

There's been a lot of hours of work on this project, I was somewhat happy with the latest release, and so, it is now live on 75.102.40.199 :highfive:

Massive thanks to TimTim for all his hard work. There are still some bugs and some refining required! However for the most part, this is how combogib should behave and will not be deviating much from it. Certainly will involve a lot more skill now.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Will there be a public release once she's all good to go?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

$carface wrote:I think this is a case where double post is allowed???
Feralidragon wrote: So, if you have anything else to add and no one replied yet, edit your post.
If you feel the need to bump the topic within the first 24h after your last unreplied post without having to double post, here's a neat trick which I use myself (since I already got in that situation too and moderators are NOT above the rules either):
- edit the post
- copy the contents of that post
- delete it
- create new post
- paste old post there
- add the new info
- done
:wink:
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

I was forced to rollback shortly after posting due to some issues which will be investigated tonight. Some weird things happened on the pub server, which didn't happen on the test server.

Public release - that depends. ATM I am trying some new concepts. So still will have a lot of fiddling. It might be released when TimTim feels GU is ready to go live. At the same time, the game modules aren't included by default so that would be some work to be done (to prevent ripping there are a serverside files which only work on the unrealkillers combo server)

Having said all that, the version released to public will be pretty prescriptive without any flexibility to change
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Thanks for the info $carface ;-)
If I will have free time in friday I going to play and test it
I remember when I played the first version of newnet combogib I played much better
I had normally 160-180 ping (with Europe/Hungarian ping) but with the newnet I feel that was only 110-130 ping which is much better
Im glad for this news, I will enjoy much better the gameplay ;P
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

perhaps if / when we get a chance we will fixup a bit our version .. some of the things that we have thought about is;

~ reduce shock ball damage to std 'shock damage'
~ optional on/off self boosting with alt fire.
~ newish 'insta-like' sound effects and or 'amp' effects for shots perhaps.

thats about it really

nothing to fancy.. weather we follow through with it or not.. idk.

keep up the good work.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

After a million and one niggles its online for beta.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

*Yeeehaaaw!* Glad to hear that, Im curious how it's works
I will test it soon :P
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Cool do feedback either here or unrealkillers forum. No feedback = no enhancements other than what I think. It's taken many builds to get it to where it currently is but the quality of improved gameplay is there on this release. The server is also running nwctf on newnet.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Okay sure, I test in Friday when I come back home
And I will reply if I found something problem
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY $hIt!
This is awesome!
I tested and the gameplay much better.
Finally no shockball spam, that's fantastic.
I don't find trouble, everything works perfect on the server.
Now I'm really glad I can play much better now, so thanks for update the server with this mod!