CheckPoints -> not working for some players?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
ShaiHulud
Adept

CheckPoints -> not working for some players?

Post by ShaiHulud »

I'm posting this on behalf of another server administrator, and it's an odd situation, not something I've ever come across before so I've no idea what to suggest to him.

The scenario: a server running BT++994, Nexgen 112N, CheckPoints and MapVoteLA13. I'm not sure whether it's UT451 or 436. The issue he's having - and I've observed this first-hand - is that CheckPoints aren't "working" for some of the players who come to his server (he is one of those affected). He demonstrated this to me. We played BT-Mesablanca, he moved a short distance from the spawn area, he set a CheckPoint and suicided, but instead of respawning at the CheckPoint, he restarted at one of the player start locations.

It gets weirder. When *I* and another player present at the time set CheckPoints, they worked perfectly correctly for both of us. Stranger still, the problem only seemed to occur when he (the admin) was on the red team, CPs worked fine when he was on blue. He tells me that it is affecting at least one other player, and assures me that the effect is not limited to a single map, that it happens on other maps too.

I'm trying to make sense of these symptoms, but I really can't figure out what might be going on. Does anyone have any insight?

Thanks in advance
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: CheckPoints -> not working for some players?

Post by Chamberly »

If you have a mystart, it will override the cp you made but still there. Try typing clearstart and then u could go back to your cp. Sometimes it won't work like that.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Could be anything that's intercepting spawns. nexgen's score recovery, RandomSpawnLocations, my newspawnlocations alpha, antitelehack

<snip>
Last edited by UT99.org on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Assume you got this fixed. All you need is to add a mutator with lines

<snip>

Edit: Prefer you use a mutator that stops them being able to cap while using teleports than disabling the use of them.

if you really need it I'll post it here but not forever
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Function ModifyLogin (out Class<PlayerPawn> SpawnClass, out string Portal, out string Options)
{
	Portal = "";
	if ( NextMutator != None )
	{
		NextMutator.ModifyLogin(SpawnClass,Portal,Options);
	}
	else { Super.ModifyLogin(SpawnClass, Portal, Options); }
}