UTDeath's Shield Belt Mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
ASLY

UTDeath's Shield Belt Mutator

Post by ASLY »

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t ... 225#p54619
UTDeath wrote:Here's a work in progress.

Looks good UTDeath, it would be good if we can set up in this mod in ".ini" the "None" team color for own shield texture
Maybe looks more good if the own texture can rotate, around-around
The ".ini" looks something like this...

Code: Select all

[UTDeath's Shield Belt Colors]
bRotate=True
bTransplucent=True
TeamColor[0]="ASLYE-OwnBelt.utx"
TeamColor[1]="UTDeath-RedBelt.utx"
TeamColor[2]="UTDeath-BlueBelt.utx"
TeamColor[3]="UTDeath-YellowBelt.utx"
TeamColor[4]="UTDeath-GreenBelt.utx"
Etc...
And if you release your mod, you just put a simple shield belt texture and everyone can made a custom belt texture

More idea: If you hit the belt, could be a hit effect + sound
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: UTDeath's Shield Belt Mutator

Post by Wises »

nice work .. sorry I lolled at PC's remark about SnowGlobes and was going to reply there but good idea that ASLYE has raised it in a new thread.

I will put some comments in later as Iam a little busy atm with another new mod for Servers..
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Re: UTDeath's Shield Belt Mutator

Post by UTDeath »

Hahaha, where do I begin?
Alright, first of all, it is kind of unexpected that I am not the one that opened this thread :P
In my current project the "Force Field" does not rotate and I think it is already as Translucent, I'm not sure, but of course those can be changed.
Also, it was going to be part of my weapon pack and not just a Shield Belt replacement on its own but I saw this:
Wises wrote:I hinted to Ferali to make some Shields etc like in Halo but more dome like which could withstand atomic blasts

And I thought about releasing it without the whole other bunch of things I am making.
So it is almost done, I can move around some thing to make an .ini file so people can customize the Duration, Style, Textures and all that.
I just have some things to fix that I would need help with since I did not solve them yet.
First, the Owner of the Shield Belt can't see it. This is good because it does not affect your sight but then again it is not that easy to notice if you have it on or not.
I gave it an expire message like the Invisibility and a sound but in the middle of the battle it is hard to realize you're on your own out there.
Second, Momentum affects it and I would like to stop that. Why? Because I am trying to make it work so it protects you from anything. It is supposed to resist the Ultima Protos so why would a single Rocket push you around?
Third, Projectiles won't bounce off it as most of the UT Projectiles were made to blow up on contact so all of them end up hitting the player. The player won't take any damage but it doesnt give the force field effect because of that. I also can't stop bullets but I have it the resistance to "Shot".

I think one of the issues is the Mesh which is the same as it is the same as the Shock Rifle Wave, ShockwaveRM or something like that. I just need something round that works better than that.

Here's the source I gave Ferali some days ago, I already made some changes but you get the idea.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wxmy6 ... ldBelt.rar
You cannot kill what is already dead.