My Mutator's

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average
Personal rank: Nameless Dragon

My Mutator's

Post by Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.: »

It's not much but I hope someone likes them more than I do.
Naturally these are for UT99 only.

http://www.udhq.org/dl/DNMutators.7z

In brief here's what they do:

Always Gib: This makes it so all weapons deal the 'All' damage type so as to trick the Gibbed function into working.
(NOTE: THIS MAY CAUSE TWICE THE AMOUNT OF ARMOUR DAMAGE BECAUSE OF HOW MUTATETAKEDAMAGE WORKS!!!)

EKG: This recreates Rise of the Triad's (the MS-DOS game) "Ludicrous Gibs!" function, where randomly upon gibbing someone, they explode spectacularly into a bloody mess.
(EKG comes from the cheat code "/EKG" which may\maynot mean "Engine Killing Gibs" which PERMANENTLY enabled this in the game)

Arcade Deaths: This makes it so upon a carcass lying still, it flickers away like the typical 80's arcade game.
(Like all the side scrolling brawlers and what not, also lightgun games. Note: This also disables gibbing)

Command & Conquer Death Screams: All male (!bIsFemale) characters have their deathsounds replaced with screams from the Command & Conquer series.
(C&C 1 and Red Alert 1, NOTE: This does not work properly online and I'm too lazy to fix that...)

Critical Hit: This recreates the aforementioned effect seen in Shogo: Mobile Armor Division where you have a approximately 10% chance to deal 4x your normal damage and steal 25% of your maximum health back.
(yes you actually steal health as a result of a critical...)

Keep Scuba: This is just a fix to make sure SCUBAGear item's stay in the map.
(Don't ask me why I made this please...)

Limited Velocity: This mutator caps the terminal velocity of every zone to a level that effectively prevents fall damage.
(NOTE: This affects EVERYTHING that moves not just players)

No Gib: This mutator makes all carcasses indestructible save for being slimed.
(Yes you heard right, redeemer blasts, movers and what not will NOT gib a carcass)

Paint Ball Mode: This recreates Goldeneye64's aforementioned cheat that turns bullet holes into random colourful paint spatter.

Death Lottery: Everyone has a slim chance of dying for no apparent reason.
(NOTE: This ignores god mode)

Starry Hits: Blood is replaced with stars ala "Bad Toys 3D"
(NOTE: This does NOT disable gibs)
“I am a dragon without a name...”
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Re: My Mutator's

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

Ohh, there's a lot of interesting ones among these, got to try them out later! I can think of plenty of server setups that could run these mutators to get that little edge.
I guess all of the gib related ones also prevent headshots?
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

several cool ones there I'll wanna try later
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Limited Velocity: This mutator caps the terminal velocity of every zone to a level that effectively prevents fall damage.
I do not see and do not understand the effects.

Can you explain with other words ?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

medor wrote:
I do not see and do not understand the effects.
Can you explain with other words ?
I haven't tried it but from the sound of what he said, no matter how far you fall off of something, no matter how tall it was, you won't die when you hit the ground.

"Terminal velocity" is a phrase that means if you're going that fast you're gonna die as soon as you hit something.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Oh ok Thx for explanation :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.: wrote:No Gib: This mutator makes all carcasses indestructible save for being slimed.
(Yes you heard right, redeemer blasts, movers and what not will NOT gib a carcass)
Hm... this sounds interesting.
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

Let me clarify for those who don't understand Unreal's "TerminalVelocity" mechanism.

Terminal Velocity is the absolute LIMIT of how fast a object can traverse.

The mutator limits this to the point where the check for fall damage will always fail and be harmless. You can tell it is limited by falling off the greatest of height and notice that you are "gliding" softly to the ground as opposed to free falling at full speed.

Because this affects all zones and of course since TerminalVelocity is the absolute floor height of how fast a object will move, this will affect EVERY MOVING ACTOR IN THE GAME THAT DOES NOT INTERPOLATE OR MOVE VIA PHYS_NONE!

EDIT: Also due to how AlwaysGib works, you will never have head shots occur ingame because that relies on the damagetype 'Decapitated', however, it is still possible for decapitation to occur due to how the playdying function works in some pawns. (It checks hitlocation and compares a frand() chance)
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

If all damage is 'Gibbed', what happens to 'Decapitated'?
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

All damage is set to 'All', so there's no "Head Shot" notice unless someone calls Died with 'Decapitated' as the damageType.

Due to how my hacky takedamage redirection works, it will eat up twice the armour charge because of how retarded TakeDamage works (It handles armour damage BEFORE MutateTakeDamage)
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

No head shots then, eh. :l
Is there any other way to do it? I will take a look at it later but it should be possible to make it work without doing double damage to armor and I might even make a little trick to get a head shot and then a gib explosion.
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

The only way to fix the mutatortakedamage bug is to reposition the call in TakeDamage in Engine.Pawn so that it happens BEFORE armourtakedamage is called. (I have NO IDEA why this wasn't taken care of in 436... let alone ANY OTHER UT99 patch before 436 this is a very serious flaw in the pawn code, further more why IS this call in Pawn and not in the GameInfo?!)

Obviously this can't be done in a normal case scenario so it would result in having to replace every single playerpawn and bot with a parent class that has this fix in it.

I tried making the redirect via PreventDeath but this caused a slew of really odd problems with making players and bots die properly.

Head shots can still "happen" via the animation when certain events are met, but you will not get the appropriate message.

EDIT: I forgot to mention another bug with this damagetype redirection hack, momentum is screwy, often cases when you gib someone their gibs do not inherit velocity properly.
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

I usually don't understand anything unless I check the code and use the mutator. :)
But you should always post all the issues you have so other people can tell you how to fix it or help you out.
Like I said, I will check on it later and see what I can find, perhaps I will see something you did not or find another way around it, it happens often. :)
Even like that you could make a check to see if the shot had the right height to perform a head shot and just send the message to the Player even if it was not a normal head shot, I don't know if that makes sense but it's actually pretty easy, you could give any message to any Player in any event.
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

It's not even that major of a issue to begin with, the only major one which I listed in the OP is the twice armour damage due to a flaw in UT99's Engine.u that I'm surprised went unnoticed all the way into 436.

The problem with what you want is, should I allow 'Decapitated' to work, it defeats the purpose of AlwaysGib, that is, to make the gibbed function always return true when it's random chance or health threshold is reached. The gibbed function in Unreal's pawns check for 'shot' and 'Decapitated' if these are the damageType's that cause the death, no gibs will result no matter how overkill the damage was. The mutator is functioning as I intended it to apart from the armour mishap which is unavoidable really...
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

I understood. :)
I was thinking more like you get the normal head shot, because some of us love them, and then the player blows up into gibs give one or two seconds.