My Mutator's

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average
Personal rank: Nameless Dragon

Re: My Mutator's

Post by Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.: »

That would be MrLoathsomes mutator that does that. Mine specifically is going for actually tricking Gibbed to working even if the weapon deals a damage type it specifically ignores.

Fun fact, in unpatched retail version 200 of Unreal 1, the Gibbed function does not check damagetype at all. This pretty much is *sort of* what my mutator attempts to do.

I think I might of found a way to get around the double armour usage bug and may post a update as soon as I brainstorm this one...
“I am a dragon without a name...”
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Paint Ball Mode
Paint Ball Mode: This recreates Goldeneye64's aforementioned cheat that turns bullet holes into random colourful paint spatter.

someone sees color effects?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:second seems not work :(

Death Lottery: Everyone has a slim chance of dying for no apparent reason.
(NOTE: This ignores god mode)

Can we increase the frequency. then maybe I would see the effect .
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

Hi Medor, Death Lottery does work.
It works with an If (FRand () < 00.0087), this however could be modified by Dark Night to make it possible to change that via .ini

Now, I had a Mutator in mind that would do this and many other random things, some good ones, and this will come in handy.
Dark Night, I love Arcade Deaths! It so simple yet awesome. I just don't dig the lack of gibs that much and how the corpses fly around, this could be changed to make the gibs flicker as well, right?
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

I've been getting weird ass reports that Paintball doesn't work... and I can't tell you why it wouldn't as I tested on all UTGLR renderer's and d3d10drv and it works fine on my end... There's no reason why the SpawnNotify in that wouldn't work for other people and just me.

Death Lottery is just one of the effects of the UT2003 mutator "Spontanous Combustion", which I enjoyed playing with way back when UT2003's modding community skyrocketed. I might actually expand it to be a full fledged spontanous combustion but I rather not just senselessly rip off of other peoples work.

I would make the chance configurable if I knew anything about making mod menus, as INI files would scare people away.

EDIT: I planned to make arcade style gore for gibbs when I figure out what kind of art style I want to go with... Making regular gibs is too much of a hassle for such a simple effect to portray on the carcass itself. (have to make multiple subclasses, and a different chunk class...)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.: wrote:I've been getting weird ass reports that Paintball doesn't work... and I can't tell you why it wouldn't as I tested on all UTGLR renderer's and d3d10drv and it works fine on my end...
Speaking on ends, when you test it do you mean on your server or just on your own private games?

Some things that work in private don't do as well online. Maybe the people complaining are talking it doesn't work in online games.

I edited a map not too long ago with dragons, which played just fine on my own system. Online the dragons fireball attack did weird things it never did for just me.
http://www.online-multigaming.com/e107_ ... 0#post_286

Just saying.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:I have do a new install UT and Paintball work now.
Maybe there is an error when we try all you mods on by one.

Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

I test everything on botmatch, I don't really give much of a damn to test things online since the last time I did that I got pissed with how UT99 expects everything to work like online compared to Unreal 1.

When I gave Paintball to my friend Leader-Dante he said the decals never show up, and he only plays offline botmatch to begin with, he uses UTGLR as well so I'm not sure what's going on his end...
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

It is most likely one of the renderer settings rather than the choice of renderer.

I love the idea of that flickering away the carcases.
Ideal to play with one of FragNbrags splendid Star Trek maps.
Re-live the thrill of the holo-deck ;)
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

No, specifically the paintball decals NEVER show up. All other decals worked fine, which is what I don't get...

Also I would recommend the Disintegration mutator that this one random person made awhile back, which he\she\it got inspiration from Star Trek's holodeck or rather the effects you see in multiplayer Elite Force. I made Arcade Deaths so people can relive the lightgun days, like House of the Dead and what not.
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

Yes, I though of Disintegration when I used your Starry Hits. You can raise the bar by making it configurable, like the Texture and Style. I understand what you said about the .ini as I faced similar problems before, I don't know how to make Mod Menus either.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

I would combine this into one major mutator with everything configurable but that all hinges if I can actually make all of them play nice... and of course the mod menu...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Death Lottery is just one of the effects of the UT2003 mutator "Spontanous Combustion", which I enjoyed playing with way back when UT2003's modding community skyrocketed. I might actually expand it to be a full fledged spontanous combustion but I rather not just senselessly rip off of other peoples work.

I would make the chance configurable if I knew anything about making mod menus, as INI files would scare people away.
What about :mrgreen:
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñìght.:
Average

medor wrote:What about :mrgreen:
I'm not sure I understand your post...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Hi Medor, Death Lottery does work.
It works with an If (FRand () < 00.0087), this however could be modified by Dark Night to make it possible to change that via .ini
I still can not get it to work :ironic2: