Death Tournament [Under Development].

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Re: Death Tournament [Under Development].

Post by UTDeath »

GEx wrote:Yeah, images are broken :?
Thanks Man, fixed it.

Here is the preview I was talking about: DMHealth
It should appear in the Mutators List as "Death Mutator: Health" or something like that. It should replace the Health Vial, Health Pack and Big Keg O' Health with a new version. Although I mentioned some new mechanics for Health Items they were not used on this as I just wanted to show something different that comes in the pack without affecting the way the Items work. They are only different in their Pickup Effect, Respawn Effect and the Pickup Messages tell you exactly how much Health you got, they do not take Damage but they change if you were close to the Maximum Health allowed.
In case it doesn't work the Classes can be spawned as: DMHealth.DMHNewHealthVial, DMHealth.DMHNewMedBox and DMHealth.DMHNewHealthPack, that is it and do not dwell deeper as there are no secrets in it, NONE!

It's Party Time!
You cannot kill what is already dead.
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates in this thread. I recently moved to another city and I am just installing myself in my new house, I could not bring my monitor with me so I got to wait a little while to continue working on this at home.
About how the project it growing, I finished the Health Items, the Chainsaw, Enforcer, Blood Cannon and Hellfire Rifle.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Only recently got a chance to try that health mutator (don't ask why, sad story) and it's quite amazing :gj:
The new effects really look awesome and I like that the vial fluid is a bit... ehm... more active then usual :tongue: if this is just the health items, I don't even know what to expect in the full pack :rock:
You have my full support UTDeath! :tu: Good luck.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

I totally love the idea, and i might have an idea for that "broken" powerup stuff. When the Udamage is damaged, it will add MORE damage, but also damage you for a % of your life or the damage what the weapon will do. Lets say the rocketlauncher rocket does 675 damage WITH the broken Udamage (the base damage of the rocketlauncher 150 damage) on impact, it will damage you for 15 health. And for the minigun it will be 22,5 WITH the powerup (base damage will be 5 or something) And that will damage you for 0.5 health per hit
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

@ GEx:
Thanks Man, I'm glad you like it and I hope I can make it all just as good as this because I want to create a good replacement mutator that of course won't be up to the level that the Nali Weapons have but at least be able to compete with other known Mods out there.
This has been just a little quick preview to give you guys an idea of how it is, the ones I made are different as they are grey and red instead of the standard blue. They also have more than just the Pickup Effect but you will see those later on, I also gave the Textures a "pixelated" look because I like it thought it may only be for version One.
The original Health Vial uses Fire Textures and I use Ice Textures as those are easier to make and I feel I have more control over those.

@ GenMoKai:
I'm glad you like them, not only do I want to create a replacement for the Pickups but also bring new mechanics and things to do in the game. I think the "Broken" Powerups is a good idea as well so Players can damage those hoping another Player picks them up without knowing they won't work or take the risk and pick them up themselves and see if they are lucky enough to get an overpowered Pickup.
And that's a great idea, I had not thought of that for the U Damage. It will help me add variety to those as I had only thought of it changing the Damage Scale. :D
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Tried them, really very impressive.
Yet a small issue that when I pick up multiple Health Vials like 4, it spawns those effects and causes a little Lag when picking up more than 1 Vials.

But still the cool Effect I saw. :)
UTDeath
Skilled

Post by UTDeath »

Yes Rocky, I had that as well. Thank you for the report and let me tell you that I already fixed that by making the effect last less when it is a Health Vial as you often find a bunch of those together.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Check out "RParticles"
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio/tools.html
These effects are the one that got used in Unreal 227.
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Has there been an update to this project? Idk how I missed this but it seems cool as hell!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Link from top leads to a suspended account, so I did not figure anything so cool.
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Dang. Well that's crappy to find out. This project sounded like it would of been pretty cool!
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

Nothing to worry about, as I am implementing all of those ideas into my own replacement mod.
~{kRiD}~
Average

Post by ~{kRiD}~ »

Glad to hear someone is still doing something!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

My computer fix kinda got complicated, guy's still working on it, so I can't help directly.

I've had Disintegration_v11.zip for years, it's a great mutator.
You can get that here · http://www.unrealcentral.com/files/

Can't find that DMhealth anywhere. Posts above suggest Gecko downloaded it and loved it, so check with him as he might still have it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

That would help a ton to get the effects right and improve from there.