What mod or mutator is this?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

What mod or mutator is this?

Post by Pileyrei »

Played on a Facing Worlds server where there was a problem of piston camping portals.

Now if you try and piston camp, a message appears saying you have 3 seconds to move away.
If you don't, you die.

Brilliant.

Is this a nextgen thing or does anyone know the name of the mod?

thanks
Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: What mod or mutator is this?

Post by papercoffee »

I like the blindfolder more ...the camper got blind and turn into a sitting duck. :mrgreen:
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I will take a guess... Anti-piston Portal... or something like that. I do think I've seen the download link on uK site but however I can't seem to find it yet.
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

Chamberly wrote:I will take a guess... Anti-piston Portal... or something like that. I do think I've seen the download link on uK site but however I can't seem to find it yet.
Me 2.

Google fail :/

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
The_Cowboy
Skilled
Personal rank: Codezilla

Post by The_Cowboy »

You brought back old memories. I was (still am) fan of CTF-Face. Used to play 7-8 hours everyday back then (2007-2010). That is when I started modding/coding.
I used to play at 69.93.101.77 (I can never forget that ip, my mobile number maybe but not that number). There I noticed that they had something called ctfplus to prevent piston camping. But it had a bug. It only worked in default CTF-Face (not in LE or Winter Edition). Also there was an annoying bug related to redeemer.
So I took ctfplus, debugged it (as far as I could) and renamed it to NiceCTF (without the permission of inactive author but with credits :)). I then told the admin of the server to run server with that mod. I think that is the one you are after. Search it in medor's utfiles.
Later I noticed that someone has further modified it (maybe removed some other bugs).
Feralidragon wrote:Trial and error is sometimes better than any tutorial, because we learn how it works for ourselfs, which kills any doubts about anything :tu:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/FreeandOpen
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:AntiPistonCampMutator http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... utator.zip you can change setting in
Pileyrei
Masterful

Post by Pileyrei »

That's it!

BIG thanks!!

Love this forum :)

Piley

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:BIG thanks!! accepted but if he will come the idea of kisses I do not authorize ^^