Two mutator ideas what concerns weapons and items spawning

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
heliumcat
Skilled

Two mutator ideas what concerns weapons and items spawning

Post by heliumcat »

I'm not sure if this is hard or easy to code, but since the stuffswapper is doing my head in what concerns importing custom weapons and crashing because of bugs I'm looking for some alternatives and since I want to select up to 100 weapons to be potentially used in a match WORM isn't an option for me.

So that leaves me with dropper that requires monsters to be killed first before a random weapon entered in the ini drops, which is nice and all but it still needs monsters to be in the game sadly enough.

So I'm thinking of 2 mutators ideas:
A starting weapon one and pathnode weapon/item spawner one.

So let's say the starting weapon one does the same as stuffswapper does with starting weapons, let's you make a list of weapons you want to pick as starting weapon and pick a certain number of random weapons in the list you filled in as starting weapons, but instead of this mod menu thing stuffswapper uses, I would just like an ini file where you can just give in the actual classnames ("Botpack.SniperRifle" for example) of the weapons without any extra crap and +- no limit on the number of slots opposed to stuffswapper.

Then the pathnode weapon/item spawner should just let you give in a list of weapon/item classes in the ini file (there should +- be no limit on the number of weapons/items) and spawn them randomly over pathnodes in the map. Could be nice if the weapon/item would not respawn on that same pathnode (let alone multiple weapons or items on the same pathnode at the same time) but get replaced by another weapon or item, I dunno, just giving ideas.

Perhaps just an easy way to add weapons and items to stuffswapper without making ut99 crash when I open it in the mod menu would be nice maybe and easier than making this complex mutator stuff I just summed up above.

Similar ideas to this would be nice too or at least a decent guide to NOT make stuffswapper crash. :ironic2: :wth:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: Two mutator ideas what concerns weapons and items spawni

Post by MrLoathsome »

You can configure the Dropper mutator to drop items when players or bots are killed.
Monsters are not required.

I actually have a major update to the SwarmSpawner mutator almost done, that will add any actor to a game. (Almost...) Weapons, inventory, pickups, deco etc.

For some reason I just stopped looking at any of my UT stuff several months ago, but if/when I get back to it, that will get finished up first.
blarg
heliumcat
Skilled

Re: Two mutator ideas what concerns weapons and items spawni

Post by heliumcat »

^^ Awesomeness!

Can't wait for the update!