Christmas themed mutators and BT++

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Christmas themed mutators and BT++

Post by Chamberly »

Do you have a bt server that way I can visit it? Or you run this off your home?
I'll get mine set up soon, will let you know, even if it is just in a few days.
mikkroniks
Novice

Post by mikkroniks »

Hello,

I was looking for some xmas UT customization and have been directed to this board. Hope it's ok to add on to this thread instead of starting a new one, since it is quite in line with what I'm looking for - which is xmas mutators and sounds for vanilla/insta CTF, so no BT compatibility necessary.

I've been already using the CTTree mutator, but when I play a local game with bots, the lights on them don't blink. They do blink if I play on this server (http://tsf.forumcommunity.net/?t=59380260 the server ip is in the guy's signature) which appears to be using the exact same mutator, so I'm a bit confused. Any clues?

What I was not able to find and would really appreciate a helping hand with are the xmas CTF sound replacements that some servers used to have years ago. Specifically I'm talking about a "Ho, ho ho" one when capturing the flag and sleigh jingle bells for when the flag is taken as far as I can remember. The server I posted earlier has a sleigh bell sound although it appears quite randomly triggered to me.

If there are any other nice (not garish) & usable mutators to add to the holiday atmosphere, I'd welcome those as well. Thanks in advance.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Welcome to the site!

Well I assume if it's not for BT, we can work on skipping that and I hope a moderator can move our thread to a different topic alone.

Btw, have you seen this link? Hopefully the stuff you are looking for could be in here!
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=30755
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=27985
and maybe you tried this one? http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... Tree33.zip

and if you are interested to have some maps:
https://sites.google.com/site/fragnbrag ... k-volume-1

Edit: I noticed some of the links in this thread could be relevant to you for the tree and other stuff.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
mikkroniks
Novice

Post by mikkroniks »

Thanks for the welcome :)

And thanks for the links as well, I'll definitely check those out. Regarding the tree (CTTree) that's the one I already found before posting here and have been using it too. As I mentioned locally without blinken lights :noidea while on that server I found they do blink as expected. I see in this thread that some other users already had issues with the trees not "sparkling", how does that server do it then?

Having a quick run through your links I think the sounds I was hoping to find are still MIA. Btw do you happen to know if the sounds would definitely be in their own .uax file, or can they be also packaged together in one of the other ut file formats?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Glad you found the tree with blinking lights! I think it may be under the settings to enable it, not sure. Unless it is under graphic render work, I'm not too sure. Don't listen to me, I didn't look properly to find out why lol.

Tell me what are some files you are hoping to find, and I'll go hunt them down for you.

Some sounds can be in their own .uax format (that goes into Sounds folder) and some will have already built in the packages like in a .u file. Or if a map have specific sounds and you don't have any extra files, it's embedded into the map called MyLevel. :) Pretty neat eh?
mikkroniks
Novice

Post by mikkroniks »

Neat indeed and thanks again for your help :) What I am still looking for and was hoping to find were xmas CTF sounds. I remember playing on CTF servers back in the days that had the blinking xmas trees instead of flags, but also a "ho, ho, ho" sound instead of the announcer's "capture" when capturing the flag and sleigh jingle bells instead of the alarm sound when a flag is taken. IIRC they couldn't have been part of a map, since I seem to remember hearing them on different maps, including standard ones. Having very quickly found the CTTree mutator (even though I didn't know it by name), I assumed the sounds would be just as easy to get, but clearly I was overly optimistic and probably they weren't nearly as well spread as the tree mutator. I must have been just lucky in the past to always find a server that had them too. Thanks for the offer to hunt them down, very much appreciated, but please don't trouble yourself too much.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Those sounds interesting. I don't know if I did heard of them before or not, but I have not seen anything like that lately.

Hopefully someone will come around and post them... (I'm talking about you Medor, I know you are reading this.)