X8 Random Bots

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
DeathoX 8
Experienced

X8 Random Bots

Post by DeathoX 8 »

Hello everybody, I just released a new mutator called Random Bots.
As its title suggests, it basically randomizes the bots before every match, giving them different names, appearance and properties.

It can either generate completely random bots at the start of every match, or work as an extension of the UT bot list (with up to 2048 bots available).
You can edit the .ini file to add new names for each skin.

If you have custom models and skins installed (who doesn't? :P), just type the "mutate X8RB List" command in the game console during a match and they will automatically become available for the random generator to use.

Download link: http://www.deathox8.com/Mods/X8RandomBots.html#Download

Enjoy!
ASLY

Re: X8 Random Bots

Post by ASLY »

Thats sounds really usefull, thanks for your work DeathoX :tu:
Iff I will have time I take a look for that Mutator
OFF: Good to see you fixed your downloads
medor, Come and save everything! :D
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Oh sure, why not just help the Terminators take over?

Sounds kinda cool, and for someone like me who uses Xbots, and has multiple lists of carefully developed bots, kinda scary.

Would your RandomBots overwrite the settings I use for my existing bots' lists under Xbots?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
DeathoX 8
Experienced

Post by DeathoX 8 »

ASLYE702 wrote:Thats sounds really usefull, thanks for your work DeathoX :tu:
Iff I will have time I take a look for that Mutator
OFF: Good to see you fixed your downloads
medor, Come and save everything! :D
Hope you enjoy it :)
Yeah it was about time I fixed the links :P. In the near future I'll add also a DropBox mirror and upload everything on MapRaider as well...

EvilGrins wrote:Oh sure, why not just help the Terminators take over?

Sounds kinda cool, and for someone like me who uses Xbots, and has multiple lists of carefully developed bots, kinda scary.

Would your RandomBots overwrite the settings I use for my existing bots' lists under Xbots?
This won't overwrite the user.ini bot list since it uses a different subclass (although you should make a backup of it anyway, just to be on the safe side), and it doesn't use additional lists like XBots so those won't be affected at all (the extended list in this mutator is one big fat array of 2048 strings).
If you like to edit your bots manually there isn't a menu to do so, you have to edit then directly from the .ini file. It's probably better to just use the generate command to create hundreds of random bots and then edit the ones that you don't like...