Mutator for making movers able to crush and kill pawn?

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
heliumcat
Skilled

Mutator for making movers able to crush and kill pawn?

Post by heliumcat »

Can this be done with the UT99 movers (doors, elevators, moving platforms) in maps?

Like if a door would be open and a player goes through it, the door will not pay attention to the player in there and just close itself when it needs to, gibbing the player?

Or like if that elevator in dm-phobos for example could cause bloodbaths when coming down and a player accidently stands in the way?

Should be possible, no?

Or perhaps a mutator making it possible for players to get killed when flying against a wall or a ceiling rapidly?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Mutator for making movers able to crush and kill pawn?

Post by papercoffee »

Somehow ...I think it's doable with actors.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:I have a mode like that ... it whase make for no lift on CTF maps ....can't remember the name :shock:
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

Doesn't really sound difficult. Just do a ForEach AllActors(class'Mover') to set the MoverEncroachType to ME_CrushWhenEncroach. You might have to do that on server and clients because I doubt it's replicated.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Given the number of boobytraps that exist on some maps, usually more a pit you fall into and then something in there kills you, I'd imagine it can't be that hard to do.

If you want, I can list some maps that have this and you can go track them down to check out what was done.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump because "is hard to do". Feel free to develop a mutator as follows:

Code: Select all

class MyTurdCrusher expands Mutator;

event PostBeginPlay()
{
	DoKillerMover();
}

function DoKillerMover()
{
	local Mover M;

foreach AllActors(class 'Mover', M)
	{
		if (M != None)
		{
			if ( M.MoverEncroachType == ME_ReturnWhenEncroach )
			{
				M.BumpType = BT_PawnBump;
				M.MoverEncroachType = ME_CrushWhenEncroach;
				M.EncroachDamage = 5000000;
			}
			if ( M.MoverEncroachType == ME_IgnoreWhenEncroach )
			{
				M.BumpType = BT_PawnBump;
				M.MoverEncroachType = ME_CrushWhenEncroach;
				M.EncroachDamage = 5000000;
			}
		}
	}
}
If won't works as server-side, then add the package containing such cute mutator into ServerPackages.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I've a couple maps that if you don't get out of the way in time and a massive door closes, it crushes you... but I don't know how that was setup.

This map does it · viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4692
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Someday I have to release a kind of "DeathMatchPlus" into public addressing to 3 category of players: Human, Bot, ScriptedPawn. At this moment is not the best ever thing because... switching between Old Weapons and Tournament Weapons is costing player an Accessed None due to original 0 support for Old weapons (I have to decide if I want Weapons or TournamentWeapons) - of course has support for ON-Line gaming.

Getting over Introduction - that mod allows monster to hunt player and Bot using doors like any player prototype and... all pawn might suffer crushed at lifts and doors if is not wise in combat - native this game-type won't block monster. As you read, yes, monster will hunt player in maps pathed (and this is what I'm using not empty cubes) and will die if wants to mock a lift. It is indeed a KILLER DM game-type.
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

How do you make a damagetype for that mutator posted above ^^?

When the movers kill someone here using the above mutator it gets wrongfully assigned to a random other player or bot killing them with the weapon they held at that time and they even get frags for it.

Other than that it's slick though. :rock:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

heliumcat wrote:How do you make a damagetype for that mutator posted above ^^?
This is a game-type like DeathMatchPlus and called the same. Name was in purpose to be shown in default UT's DM TAB without any problem. Only class is coming from a different U file not from BotPack. It expands default DM but has a few add-ons to support monster and to make it mad matching a much proper DM attitude. Speaking about a new game-type it fires up it's own BaseMutator not default DMMutator. This internal mutator is automatically unlocking movers, is tweaking a bit certain things because not all actors needs 100 NetUpdateFrequency wasting resources for nothing, also it helps in using default Old Weapons (even messed up and without decals). As an external tool I can recommend good spawners for spawning monsters in game. I found a good deal a SwarmSpawn - credits goes at Loathsome - which was a bit loved based on a small flaw when I was playing 1 on 1 (human Vs monster) initially monster has spawned outside of map so I changed tiny things there. Monster recommended is a prototype normal sized (not Titan or such brainless big loser), SkaarjGunner IceSkaarj SkaarjLord types can fight well into such game. To completely avoid troubles I have Troopers rewritten to not mess weapon, defaults did not mess weaponry but they have original "goodies" in console and default Troopers are so poor (Eightball, Stinger, Rifle, RazorJack, DispersionPistol) - I demand GesBiorifle, Automag, Minigun, FlakCannon, and all UT's weaponry. If you think you wanna try a new DM game against everybody (bot, monster, human), I'll put up a version which works at this moment in big parts.
Issues:
- pathing - all specials are the mostly BOT related things so monster will be frustrated at a moment JumpSpot, Transloc... ;
- switching weaponry comes from a messed original code which should call TournamentWeapon not Weapon;
- small places specific for DM stuff won't make monster happy;
- I did not fixed message from Mover-kill linked to weapon because I don't care about that and needs fine tuned well to copy stats properly.
Adds:
- Game in purpose to get rid of a few weaponry errors uses another Player class (stuff incompatible with NewNet) this player in exchange is able to track an enemy using... Bot Pathing if game is too relaxed because probably A.I. got stucked;
- Stealing weapon from a monster helps player to hunt enemy;
- Bot is addicted to Translocator performing some random stunts;
- Controller is changed to not develop a bunch of errors related to monsters presence.

To summarize we have 2 options:
- new game-type expanding default features;
- a mutator called UTToolBox by Gust, having an internal class in purpose to develop nasty movers - only tweaking movers. I admit I did not fully test entire mod, because is complex having multiple modules, but a few things in there used by me works properly.
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

I meant the one you posted as a script in code tags to compile as a mutator.

Sorry I wasn't very clear with that last post I made.
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

Okay. So I've seen this post the past few days and I'm seriously surprised that noone has lniked you to this mod yet. The readme is in Japanese if I remember correctly but it's all fairly simple. Extract the files into your UT\System folder and load up UT. Look in the mutator list for the modes inside this mod. You can then find the mutator lines in your UnrealTournament.ini - This mod has exactly why you are looking for m8! http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=M ... ox-111.zip
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

heliumcat wrote:Sorry I wasn't very clear with that last post I made.
Did you understand those lines? Damage is already described.
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

sektor2111 wrote:
heliumcat wrote:Sorry I wasn't very clear with that last post I made.
Did you understand those lines? Damage is already described.
Ah ok, now that you tell me, I must have read over it accidently.

So the mover kill messages and assignments are fixed in the UTToolbox mutator as it uses it's own self-written mechanism to unlock the movers?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

There is not a valid link between function killed and a mover - only as final result - pawn killed. Simply if killer is a player having a weapon, will be mentioned by weapon's kill message according to GameInfo or TournamentGameInfo class rules - I don't dig right now because I saw where problem is a few months ago but I'm not disturbed by this thing. To change this way of death-messages you have to use a custom game-type with all these messages rewritten getting over engine (he, he someday we need a completely rewritten one), because more things from engine doesn't have logic.

I'll attach another info just for complete other's curiosity. It will be impossible to not see player killed by a kill-zone in default games having a "SpecialDamage" to not develop an Accessed None. Why ? Because of the same stupid deal: "Killer.Weapon" - a zone doesn't hold a weapon as long as is not even a pawn. Doesn't matter, I can wait a new engine playing only custom games where killed function can be rewritten being an Escape from Accessed Nones's prison.