Possible Ideas for community contributions to Nali Weapons

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Possible Ideas for community contributions to Nali Weapons

Post by UTNerd24 »

If I recall correctly, upon releasing Nali Weapons Final, Feralidragon stated that it was open source, meaning anyone can contribute...
Seeing this opportunity, it would be unnatural of me to make a few suggestions for a few additions to the mod. Mostly Oversurrections, but I do have some other ideas in mind...

Flame Tracker:
Flame Gel alternate fire.
Obviously a throwback to Nali Weapons 1.4. Upon charging, The weapon launches a clear blob of gelatin with varying size depending on the charge length. The gel will stick to walls or players and will aggressively combust when ignited. When ignited on players, they will take twice the fire damage and enter a "Panic" state. When "Panicking" The victim's movement will slightly increase and will constantly emit death screams.

WRE Oversurrection:
Have the Soldier be able to drop grenades from below as well as fire.

The Miner:
Remote Detonation.
Allows players to manually blow up a mine that they are pointing at.

Multi Missle Launcher and IRPR Oversurrection:
Remote control.
Requested by a few other people, turrets can be controlled either by mounting onto them or using a controller. The player will have a time limit to cause as much devastation as possible before they are "ejected" from the turret.

Graviton:
Flying bug penalty.
Upon using the flying bug, the weapon's ammo will deplete quicker.

Vulcan:
Vulcan Turret.
Allows the Vulcan to be mounted to a Tripod, causing a significant decrease in aiming error and allows for double firing speed, but overheating will cause the weapon to backfire.

Nuclear Launcher Level 0:
Secondary fire options.
Even though its the least of a worry, the Nuclear Launcher Level 0 has no editable options, meaning the FOV is at a fixed scale.

Megaton Decoder Oversurrection: Millennium Bug:
Okay, I know it sounds stupid but HEAR ME OUT!!!
This game was made in 1999 right? If so, this will fit perfectly...
Upon activation, the maps dynamic lights will flicker, enemy weapons will discharge their entire clips, preferably their secondary projectiles so we don't get OccludeFrame errors and any enemy Megatons currently in play will go haywire causing them to function for the opposing team. The Oversurrection ends with a spaceship crashing into the arena.

Megaton Oversurrection: Tsar Bomba:
A "Gigaton" Will be planted into the arena, and after a set time (Max 60 seconds) Will kill every player that in the match, much like the Ultimaprotos' Oversurrection.

Nuclear Launcher 0 to 3 Oversurrection: Nuclear Winter:
After a siren is heard, A Nuke will detonate and a giant black cloud will envelop the arena. Anyone in the arena while the cloud is present will suffer major DPS.

Nuclear Launcher 4 Oversurrection: Gravity Well:
A large green sphere of electricity will form, causing any players within a fixed radius to stick to it as multiple shockwaves go off. The Oversurrection ends with a heavy increase in gravity lasting for 15 seconds by default.

Super Bolt Rifle Oversurrection: Super SkyMine:
Upon activation, A lightning bolt will strike, forming a single red sphere. The sphere will decapitate any enemy player in range, even if its behind a wall. Much like the IRPR, it will go through walls regardless of thickness.

Nuclear Launcher 5 Oversurrection: Tsar Bomba:
Yeah, Pretty much the same as the Megaton. Move along.

Ionizer Oversurrection: Ion Renovation:
8 Small Satellite fragments will fly into the air, firing beams at one another untill forming an octagon. The satellites will then spin rapidly to signal charging. Once charging is complete, a massive purple beam will be fired about the size of the entire walkway of CTF-Face. The satellites will then self-destruct, injuring anyone hit by the debris.

In the very unlikely event that someone agrees with any of the above idea, please let me know and I'll give you all the thanks you deserve! :tu:

In the meantime, Submit your ideas to add to Nali Weapons!!
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Re: Possible Ideas for community contributions to Nali Weapo

Post by Torax »

Sounds nice :)
Vulcan turret remind me about minigun turrets from Ballistic weapons mod.

Maybe even add adjustable RPM value - 1200 to 2400 to 3600 shots per minute in alternative fire when Vulcan is mounted?

What about deployable missile silos?
Works as ion painter.
Firstly you choose place to create the launch silos. After deployment rocket needs to be armed for a few minutes (add stuff kinda nuclear warning hud adds)
When warhead is ready - player being notified.
He go to position and point the target place. After which comes launch, rocket starts and flies to some position (targeting system and action similar to nukes from Nali Weapons 2). When rocket reach some position *CLANG* - it releases the warhead which falls to the target and then...

*KABOOOOMMMM*
:redeemer1:
meat chunks flying around the map.
Missile Silos have it's own health points (maybe even an armor or shield). will be interesting to add weapon that will repair damaged missile silos. If silos will be destroyed during launch or if have armed rocket - same blast but at it's position :mrgreen:
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Torax wrote:Sounds nice :)
Vulcan turret remind me about minigun turrets from Ballistic weapons mod.

Maybe even add adjustable RPM value - 1200 to 2400 to 3600 shots per minute in alternative fire when Vulcan is mounted?

What about deployable missile silos?
Works as ion painter.
Firstly you choose place to create the launch silos. After deployment rocket needs to be armed for a few minutes (add stuff kinda nuclear warning hud adds)
When warhead is ready - player being notified.
He go to position and point the target place. After which comes launch, rocket starts and flies to some position (targeting system and action similar to nukes from Nali Weapons 2). When rocket reach some position *CLANG* - it releases the warhead which falls to the target and then...

*KABOOOOMMMM*
meat chunks flying around the map.
Missile Silos have it's own health points (maybe even an armor or shield). will be interesting to add weapon that will repair damaged missile silos. If silos will be destroyed during launch or if have armed rocket - same blast but at it's position :mrgreen:
That is actually a pretty cool Idea, kinda like waiting for the Mortal Cannon in SWWM to charge: It's takes a hella long time but BOY does it pay off!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

For me would be a Game mode interesting where you can use NW3 tactically to its fullest ...something Siege like.
You have to earn money to get the better weapons (nukes and Cybots included). Conquer the enemy bases to get Megaton and Ion Pointer.
etc.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

papercoffee wrote:For me would be a Game mode interesting where you can use NW3 tactically to its fullest ...something Siege like.
You have to earn money to get the better weapons (nukes and Cybots included). Conquer the enemy bases to get Megaton and Ion Pointer.
etc.
Welp... As I said, I'm pretty sure It's open source so it just might be possible!
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

@UTNerd24
Yes it is.
You may ask Ferali for the stuff if you need full "ready-to-compile" source
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UTNerd24 wrote:
papercoffee wrote:For me would be a Game mode interesting where you can use NW3 tactically to its fullest ...something Siege like.
etc.
Welp... As I said, I'm pretty sure It's open source so it just might be possible!
The game mode would not be necessarily limited to NW3 alone. So we don't need the source of NW3.

I'll work on a map to illustrate my idea.
I hope... this will work.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

papercoffee wrote: The game mode would not be necessarily limited to NW3 alone. So we don't need the source of NW3.

Well... Thanks for the Idea, but this thread is mainly pinpointed on Nali Weapons contributions.
However, I see the mod working great with Nali Weapons attached...
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UTNerd24 wrote:
papercoffee wrote: The game mode would not be necessarily limited to NW3 alone. So we don't need the source of NW3.

Well... Thanks for the Idea, but this thread is mainly pinpointed on Nali Weapons contributions.
However, I see the mod working great with Nali Weapons attached...
You misunderstand me ...this game mode would be for NW3 because we need the specific modes and weapons ...the Cybots are essential ...the Ion Pointer too ... but you "could" also use it with another weapon mod with a placeable "turret-like" thing in it.

Anyway ...I'll work on a "NW3 only" map now and try to implement this game-mode-idea with mapping.
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

Got a few other ideas...

Cybot Launcher:
Pointer.
Using a laser pointer, the player can aim their Cybots, much like the Wrangler from Team Fortress 2.
Also, It would be much cooler if the Cybot Master's self destruct did damage.

Freezer:
Melting Ammo.
When a player is on fire while holding the Freezer, it will begin to lose ammo.

WRE:
Akimbo.
I know it's a two handed weapon, but it just seems unnatural for the sidearm to not be an akimbo.

Items:
Nuclear Shelter.
Can be activated using a keyind, when activated the user is covered in a cube that makes them invulnerable to all nuclear damage for up to 10 seconds.

The OVersurrector:
Alert System.
I feel as if the charging sound of the Oversurrector isint distinct enough to be feared, not to say it isint awesome though. When the Oversurrector is used, a sound will play, the co-ordinates will be tracked and what type of Oversurrection is about to be used will be displayed.

I've attached a possibility to as to what the alert would sound like.

I'll keep thinking of some new ideas soon...In the meantime its up to you.
Attachments
OverAlert.rar
(713.77 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

I think making of those Remote Detonation Mines sounds easy.
You need to make a new projectile for this with mesh of mines and with some codes of U1:RTNP Grenade Launcher Secondary Fire grenades.

I think I can do this work. But I need permission from the Unreal Boy.
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

What about Force Field walls?
Such as FF Cybot but spans not spheric force field.
Remember the Unreal 2 The Awakening force field walls? Same stuff)
UTNerd24
Adept

Post by UTNerd24 »

I think i'm gonna compose some sounds for my ideas.
I'll be sure to post 'em when im done.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I will probably put the source of NW3 on github or so quite soon. For now I didn't post it, specially since I might release a patch to fix a couple of annoying things from the final version, and I am not fully sure yet how and when I am going to do it either (probably after something I am working at atm).
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

IRPR idea:
A small change like when zooming and when the crosshair is on the enemy it should Post Render some details of the enemy like Distance from your position and between him and name of the weapon carrying (optional). Just like the Halo 1 Sniper Rifle.
Feralidragon wrote:I will probably put the source of NW3 on github or so quite soon. For now I didn't post it, specially since I might release a patch to fix a couple of annoying things from the final version, and I am not fully sure yet how and when I am going to do it either (probably after something I am working at atm).
Take your own time. Btw I am sure it is fully open source right?? Because the ReadMe file says so, but also your blogspot is saying something different. Maybe you forgot to update your blogs.