Looking for Trace Mutator

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
Gadavre
Skilled

Looking for Trace Mutator

Post by Gadavre »

I look for a mutator capable to add trace from Bullets for standard sniper arena of the game . Would be to know coolly location of campers on big maps!!Whether there is such mutator in the world?
Please, if such Mutator isn't present, somebody make it! It is very necessary for Players.
Last edited by Gadavre on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Looking for Trace Mutator

Post by EvilGrins »

What do you mean by "trace"?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Sounds like he wants to see the snipers projectile flying, or the trace of its bullets like planes draw them to sky.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

noccer wrote:Sounds like he wants to see the snipers projectile flying, or the trace of its bullets like planes draw them to sky.
Yes, the trace of its bullets like planes drow to the sky (Only the thin for the best visibility of enemies)
For Instance, such Trace in game Sauerbraten:

or the trace which we see when we shoot from minigun (This Trace are called Minitrace (botpack.minitrace).
Sniper arena is excellent mutator, But if we could add to it various traces from bullets, it would be coolly. :rock:

Please, if such Mutator isn't present, somebody make it!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Did you try the super Sniper from Chaos-UT?
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

@Gadavre - Are you looking for something like this? This is the sniper rifle I am working on for my new weapons mutator, but it has bullet tracers similar to the minigun's tracers .. http://heavenandhell.site.nfoservers.co ... rRifle.zip
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

*Kr!D_o) wrote:@Gadavre - Are you looking for something like this? This is the sniper rifle I am working on for my new weapons mutator, but it has bullet tracers similar to the minigun's tracers .. http://heavenandhell.site.nfoservers.co ... rRifle.zip
Yes, Yes, Thank you! You can add the sniper arena to the jour Mutator?
Could you make hardcore Sniper Arena? I imagine such Features:
1. One Shot - one kill. Bot kills another Player with two shots. It cant do Headshot. The Player can kill Bot with one Shot.
For equal, fair duel player with bot to increase damage. Disable messages"Headshot".
2. On this Arena there are only SniperRifles. Sniper rifles are necessary for normal bots navigation.
3. in one sniper rifle, for instance, only 8-10 Bullets. Maxammo 40 or 50 Bullets (for hardcore game! :wink: ).The less the player ammo, the more he will be forced to move.
I'm ready to test your Mutator in the game with bots!

As far as I know, no one has maked such a professional Mutator.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:You could use 7bullets if you want to change the sniper bullets to projectiles.

I guess the best way though if you only want to add tracers is to add a heavily modified shock beam projectile alongside the bullet shots. You can't use a spawnnotify event on bullets so it will need to be embedded into the gun itself

Modified that it would be:
- lower drawscale (will give thinner beam)
- different skin/texture (I'm not sure what you'd choose here or if you'd make a new one)
- longer lifespan (this will stop the instant fade-out as the normal beam travels)
- not do any damage or momentum transfer
- not have any hit animation or hit decal