MapVoteLAv21 beta2

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
sn260591
Average

MapVoteLAv21 beta2

Post by sn260591 »

Changes:
==================
MapVoteLAv21_beta2:
*Added free space on top for a chat
*Some fixes

MapVoteLAv21_beta:
*Adaptation of the size of a window to a display resolution was added
*Slider "Message Expiration" will become not active if the checkbox "Change Message Expiration" is empty
*The numerical value of "Message Expiration" is now displayed correctly
*Fixed issue in which some settings are not saved in the ini file
UnrealTournament 2015-09-15 15-55-52-42.jpg
UnrealTournament 2015-09-08 15-23-00-96.jpg
UnrealTournament 2015-09-08 15-21-07-92.jpg
Attachments
MapVoteLAv21_beta2.zip
(94.62 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
MapVoteLAv21_beta.zip
(93.68 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Last edited by sn260591 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: MapVoteLAv21 beta

Post by JackGriffin »

It would really gather more interest if you posted some screenshots and wrote more than "small fixes". List them out so people can decide if they want to switch. Mapvote is so used by everyone that admins won't just upgrade it on a whim.

I've no doubt you improved what I did and I'm glad someone is working on it. You just need to convince people more that it's work they need to do.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
sn260591
Average

Post by sn260591 »

Thanks for the advice. The starting post is updated.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Just making the windows and fonts work and look right would be the upgrade of the century in my opinion. :tu:
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Player doesn't stay all match with mapvote open, so is pointless to look full colored but not so much compatibility as was LA13 initially described - or I appology if memory is cheating me.
Lets' see if people still don't get what a MapVote do really need.
Before claiming some compatibility we have to be sure that we know and we were playing at least 5 custom game-types.

Code: Select all

function bool HandleEndGame ()
DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game).bDontRestart=True; //No COMPATIBILITY WITH COOP or such family
I would like

If (DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game) != None ) //Using a normal sanity check
DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game).bDontRestart=True;
Null codes

Super.PreBeginPlay();
EPIC SAID in Mutator:

event PreBeginPlay()
{
	//Don't call Actor PreBeginPlay()
}
Else it's pointless to call an event - USCRIPT is UNABLE TO CALL events - tested and proved by me to myself while I was doing something at MH2.

Calling useless parents too - not UWindow related things

Super.Tick(DeltaTime);
Why I'm trying each tick to call something from Actor which is an Event after all, automated called by Engine ? :noidea

Missing sanity check here

JL02DF:
		if ( P != None )
		{
			if ( P.bIsPlayer && ((BestP == None) || (P.PlayerReplicationInfo.Score > BestP.PlayerReplicationInfo.Score)) )
			{
				BestP=P;
			}
			P=P.nextPawn;
			goto JL02DF;
		}
		P=Level.PawnList;
If we call PlayerReplicationInfo probably we want to be sure about its existence. bIsPlayer is a fast check but is a bullshit in original since a smart was developing monsters with bIsPlayer and not PlayerReplicationInfo messing up Game-LOG file and all UT stuff - so no, again, is not compatible will all game-types :/.

Of course in that UWindow section also there isn't too much sanity checking, at a moment mod trying to close a never opened window - player dropped, crashed, etc.

Feel free to wrap these else all these MapVotes suddenly appeared did not fascinate me at all. Colors ? That's the main need for a couple of seconds spent in voting ? Common player want to play so will vote and bye - closing Vote window for checking his/her skin - skins being "truly important" after all.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi guys,

In my view this map model vote deprecated more , we have excellent programmers just need the will and unity to create something new, innovative and customized , the cacus the higor was very good, for min excellent subistituto to the old mapvotela13 the problem is that he is not committed to acabalo soon and does not want the opnion of the staff to do so even better I am afavor a vote map new and innovative , if I knew already programmer would have entered this war pity that I do not know .. . : /
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

[rev]rato.skt wrote:the problem is that he is not committed to acabalo soon and does not want the opnion of the staff to do so even better I am afavor a vote map new and innovative , if I knew already programmer would have entered this war pity that I do not know .. . : /
I don't kave skill in english grammar (and I'm not interested about that chapter - not even native english speakers) but at least I try using only english words.
Okay, your failure was at writing classes still calling OLD thing which server did not load - successfully injecting errors.

You speak something about a cooperation in doing a good Vote thing ? Tell this to those people which doesn't want to share any code, I found bunches of servers with Mapvotes undescribed the mostly (I'll bet they lacks in fixing - see above description). Because cooperation was missing then I did my own Mapvote (just finished second attempt - no errors found right now).

An 8 Columns One? Let me see, If I increase game-config array (has default 16 configs for 4 columns) I can achieve a total multiserver but that's not really in purpose. A Multi-Server (20 game-types by example) needs a bunch of fine tunning and a lot of work + computing map slots ( we have a few maps and a mountain of UNR files - but silly admins still don't get that and they wonder why poeple are leaving this game - speaking with a few poeple playing here and there ). I know one female admin who seems good at "zzzzzz"-ing asking for players but server/player crash at a sneeze... the rest of comments are pointless. Other multi-server troubles are not known but I can point a few: MonsterMadness switch to MH - crash in couple of minutes later. MH map switching random trial Kittara - BirdBrainedResearch - GXech = causes in default MH a guaranteed crash, and if we put something signed TB, crash will be truly safe. So, internal trash used by a game-type containing Transient stuff still bullshiting in memory (XC_Engine found that) + combining these with others at server-travel + some new trash BonusPack won't make anyone happy. So a Multi-Server is not a very best option unless stuff used is similar ( 3 CTF types, 4 Dm types, 2 Other types ). I found once a Multi-Server 2013 - don't trigger me to post a never seen more retarded configuration :barf: .

Else... Do we need a publich thread about MapVote skeleton-code ? Maybe, but I did not see interest in creating it. I won't do that as long as I cannot consider myself coder.

ON-Topic - this Beta21 has nothing very changed in mutator-core itself - and that's the start.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

What bothers me on this map vote model is the sheer amount of maps in a single game-type column ...and then you get 4 or more game-types. people will always vote for the three most popular maps ...and other player can't vote because they where distracted by scrolling down the list and try to find a map which sounds interesting enough ...if they find something in time or not is irrelevant... because 3-4 other player already voted for the popular map...

The map vote system from Quake Life is much better ...3 or 4 maps (also game-types) are randomly chosen and can be voted by the player. Each map has a preview picture and a short description of the mapper.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Now we get something common.

Common Player knows good map and bad map. Sometimes old player was nice allowing newbie to vote what was wanting. After a few minutes new player has left leaving trash unfinished - that's why new player is almost ignored as long as a Solo game to know stuff is recommended before to bug people in servers. As for map-list, I would like to know which player was playing 800 maps in a session, beside this from 800 (ignoring game-types) 400 probably aren't wanted and neither known and 0 popularity... because are toilette stuff. I had in the past intention to add all kind of Levels for all tastes. Result, were deliberated voted craps and later leaving, then I decided simple: NO garbage. Of course, aside from mapping, mapvote has to be properly coded and... something is missing at first launch after all...
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

[quote="sektor2111"][/quote]

I only have one thing to tell you, you must be the garbage of person, wanting to be better than the others or even humiliate your neighbor, colleague keep defying and wanting to be better or more beautiful que others, life will teach you good modes :barf:
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

[rev]rato.skt wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:
I only have one thing to tell you, you must be the garbage of person, wanting to be better than the others or even humiliate your neighbor, colleague keep defying and wanting to be better or more beautiful que others, life will teach you good modes :barf:
I think you misunderstand sektor2111's statement. In NO way is he making trouble here. sektor2111 is just emphasizing some of the aspects of said mapvotes.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Discussion was about code needs and suggestion for a public debate for a correct clarification.
====
Mr. Clown if the truth is disturbing you that's not a problem for me - I simply don't care about your frustrations (I have mine to worry about). THIS is my professional issue: Telling truth - as garbage as it sounds . "Pity war" were you saying ? Yeah sure, it was so pity and then you messed things up. Aside, I could see you asking "how to" at simple things, you don't seems to manage well these UScript things and neither reading a document but you were coding server-mods ? Good luck, then. YOU need some life lessons if you look well at your deals - when things were working and later they didn't work any more thanks to your modification then YOU need more life lessons - looks like a cold shower did not help.
I was describing my thoughts about core configuration of a map-vote and what I found and consider them wrong. Suddenly you jumped up frustrated trying to teach me life lessons or some farts in purpose to make a mess? Baby, YOU are one of those unable to fix anything releasing a file worst than it previously was - I'm awaiting some tools, mod suggestions from you which I don't see at this moment, and the other one used it as a main tool for a trash multi-server configuring server-side-only files as packages ? After 15 years of gaming if you still cannot manage lousy things then you might have issues, dude, better control yourself first rather than trying to control others.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Sektor is not a "garbage of person" ...what every this means.
He is sometimes harsh, but he had never lied or said something untruthfully.

If you ask him "Do I look ugly?" ...Never expect a political correct answer... rather would he scold you, that you even thought about such question.

You all can be happy ...in the past far before I became moderator here, got people spoon-feed and scolded if they didn't post in a minimal understandable "proper" English. Soooo calm down everyone and lets have a good day.

Back to Topic:
This is how simple the map-vote screen in QL looks...

Just three next maps ...people can vote quickly and even an exotic map can get a chance to be played if the preview looks promising.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

That is a nice simple mapvote system. This has actually inspired me a bit. I had done some work in 2008 on a beta mapvote but I did not understand Uwindow very well so never finished it. Doubt I will revisit that 2008 project but rather start a new one but even more simple than the one you have presented. I'll have to see if my new idea is worthy of development. Oh and thanks paper for peaking my interest in another project lol. :highfive:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

There's no reason that mapvote can't be included into the scoreboard. Have an ini list of 'available' maps then select three randomly for preview when you open the scoreboard. Then players can just say vote1, vote2, etc into chat to do the voting. No UWindow code required and it would make your target gametype AWESOME indeed.
So long, and thanks for all the fish