flags on players in tournament mode

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

flags on players in tournament mode

Post by UTPe »

Hi guys,
I'm setting a server for sniper clan matches (camping). Among several mutators, I need to activate tournament mode (bTournament=True) in order to use the clickboard feature (the famous little green flag visible in players list) included in AMLP_HaSm mutator. I'm also using Nexgen as server controller.
These the facts, now the problem: when I turn tournament mode on, while Nexgen is running and after game start, a classic CTF flag does appear on players on the server (see image attached). Obviously, it's not possible to play sniper camping with a flag attached :x well, I think this issue is related to Nexgen because when I deactivate it or change server controller (like ASC), no flags are displayed on players anymore.
Any idea ? I was not able to find the correct property (or set of properties) that controls the flag display on players...any suggestions will be greatly appreciated ! :highfive:

cheers,
Pietro
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Re: flags on players in tournament mode

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

Only time I have seen this is when the server is in tournament mode and folks click in and then use nexgen to force start the map. It is best to set the server to the correct number of players, they all click in and let the map start correctly and the flags will be removed.

But a while back I needed to force start the map on a few occasions and wrote a small mutator for me to type a command to remove them. But using the correct number of players and all clicking in is the best way to avoid this in my opinion.

Thanks,

-=CoN=-Strych9
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

This always have something to do with ALMP Hasm mod. I quit using that mod and went with another scoreboard since.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

So.. the flag functions as an identifier as to what team you're on?

Neat!

Downside is I don't know this is a correctable issue. Might be better to track down a model-type that has a flag on it and then do it flags for team colors, or something like that.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

Chamberly wrote:This always have something to do with ALMP Hasm mod. I quit using that mod and went with another scoreboard since.
This can happen with out AMLP HASM. It is the mutator ClickBoard that does this, but it is added into HASM and that is why you see it there too, but easiest fix is to have the game just start normal and not force it.
EvilGrins wrote:So.. the flag functions as an identifier as to what team you're on?

Neat!

Downside is I don't know this is a correctable issue. Might be better to track down a model-type that has a flag on it and then do it flags for team colors, or something like that.
The flags just show who is clicked in in tournament mode and when the game starts they are supposed to be removed. It just adds a flag to your player when you click in. Clickboard looks for the count down to be at 0 to remove the flags. Forcing the game to start bypasses the count down and so the flags remain.

This is the code I used when I needed to force the game and remove the flags.

Code: Select all

class RemoveFlags extends Mutator;

function Mutate(string MutateString, PlayerPawn Sender)
{
    local DeathMatchPlus DMP;

DMP = DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game);

if (sender.bAdmin)
    {
	    if (Left(Caps(MutateString),2) ~= "RF")
	    {
		   DMP.CountDown = 0;
		   Sender.ClientMessage("Flags Removed");
	    }
    }

if ( NextMutator != None )
		NextMutator.Mutate(MutateString, Sender);

}

UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:Only time I have seen this is when the server is in tournament mode and folks click in and then use nexgen to force start the map. It is best to set the server to the correct number of players, they all click in and let the map start correctly and the flags will be removed.
Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I noticed I had not this problem (while Nexgen running) when game just started normal (bTournament=False, no clickboard feature). The fact is I never forced game start with Nexgen, I simply setup a custom game config in Mapvote.ini, used AMLP_HaSm_v1b and tournament mode. When the last player on server is finally ready (all players have the little green flag), game starts automatically but the blue flag does appear over them.
Moreover and oddly, when I used ASC with the same server config, I didn't notice any flag problem also after forcing game start from server controller console.

In theory, when all players are ready, game should start automatically or at least imho this should be the ideal condition to setup a match in order to guarantee a correct game start for everyone. Starting a game in normal mode doesn't make troubles but not all players could be ready and, in broad terms, I can't know before the exact number of players (it could be a 4v4 or even a 10v10 match and obviously other players can join server anytime). So I simply use this custom game config and tournament mode:

CustomGameConfig[]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.TeamGamePlus",NewPrefix="CTDM",Mutators="...,AMLP_HaSm_v1b.AMLP_HaSm",Settings="
bBalanceTeams=True,GameSpeed=1.10,bUseTranslocator=False,MinPlayers=2,MaxPlayers=24,MaxTeamSize=12,MaxTeams=2,TimeLimit=15,GoalTeamScore=0
")

I can use Nexgen or ASC, both of them are ok and offer basic management functions during gameplay but people, for several reasons I don't want to list, like more Nexgen as server controller, so, if it's possible, I would like to use it.

-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:This is the code I used when I needed to force the game and remove the flags.
Thanks for sharing your code, very interesting, I'll give a try asap and tell the results, I think it could be very useful for many other players. Thanks again.

cheers,
Pietro

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

UTPe wrote: I simply setup a custom game config in Mapvote.ini, used AMLP_HaSm_v1b and tournament mode. When the last player on server is finally ready (all players have the little green flag), game starts automatically but the blue flag does appear over them.
Moreover and oddly, when I used ASC with the same server config, I didn't notice any flag problem also after forcing game start from server controller console.
So does the game start a count down when the last player clicks in or does the game just start without a countdown?
UTPe wrote: I can't know before the exact number of players (it could be a 4v4 or even a 10v10 match and obviously other players can join server anytime). So I simply use this custom game config and tournament mode:

CustomGameConfig[]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.TeamGamePlus",NewPrefix="CTDM",Mutators="...,AMLP_HaSm_v1b.AMLP_HaSm",Settings="
bBalanceTeams=True,GameSpeed=1.10,bUseTranslocator=False,MinPlayers=2,MaxPlayers=24,MaxTeamSize=12,MaxTeams=2,TimeLimit=15,GoalTeamScore=0
")
So the way we handle this when we have a match is we will have one of the match admins set the player slots on the server to match the number of players. For the tournament mode to work "correctly" the player slots have to match the number of players. Once all ready or clicked in the countdown should start.
Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

Why don't you try using the tournament mode from Nexgen?
It automatically adds that you need to click to be ready.
Attachments
Shot0005x.png
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:So does the game start a count down when the last player clicks in or does the game just start without a countdown?]
The first you said. The game does start a count down (Nexgen does it) when the last player on the server clicks in and, after the game start, the blue flag does appear on every player.

Mar wrote:Why don't you try using the tournament mode from Nexgen?
Hi Mar,
it's the same thing and I see the same effect...when I use tournament mode from UnrealTournament.ini (bTournament=True) and then open Nexgen console, that checkbox, obviously, does prove to be checked. Try to uncheck it and then start a new match: you won't get the little green flag feature in players' list (= no tournament mode).

Mar
Novice

Post by Mar »

UTPe wrote:
Mar wrote:Why don't you try using the tournament mode from Nexgen?
Hi Mar,
it's the same thing and I see the same effect...when I use tournament mode from UnrealTournament.ini (bTournament=True) and then open Nexgen console, that checkbox, obviously, does prove to be checked. Try to uncheck it and then start a new match: you won't get the little green flag feature in players' list (= no tournament mode).
I meant to use nexgen tournament mode without the ClickBoard since it already adds the click to be ready, but since what you want is the green flag then you could make a small Nexgen Plugin to fix it.

This should work even if you force the game to start.

Code: Select all

Class NXMain extends NexgenPlugin;

function bool initialize() {

// Let super class initialize.
	if (!super.initialize()) {
		return false;
	}

return true;
}

function gameStarted() {
  local DeathMatchPlus DMP;

DMP = DeathMatchPlus(Level.Game);
  if(DMP != None)
    DMP.CountDown = 0;
}
Looks like this makes the trick. Try it.
(Dunno what version of nexgen you had so made it for 112 and 112N)
Attachments
Nexgen ClickBoardFix.rar
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

Mar wrote:This should work even if you force the game to start.
Looks like this makes the trick. Try it.
Dunno what version of nexgen you had so made it for 112 and 112N)
Hi guys,
sorry for my late reply but I was a bit busy with other things.
Finally I tried your fix, it works fine, even when I force game start from Nexgen console, no more blue flag ! :highfive:

I think I'll use this fix, it's more comfortable because it acts as server actor, automatically. Thank you very much ! :tu:
Mar wrote:I meant to use nexgen tournament mode without the ClickBoard since it already adds the click to be ready
Ok. When I used Nexgen in tournament mode (matchModeActivated=True I suppose), the mod setup on server (sniper camping) has been replaced by normal weapons. I really don't know why but it happens...

-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:This is the code I used when I needed to force the game and remove the flags.
Hi Matt,
I compiled the code into a .u package but something went wrong (or I did something wrong after) because I was not able to run that mutator fix :(

cheers,
Pietro

Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

From that code it look like it was set for DM only?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

Chamberly wrote:From that code it look like it was set for DM only?
The code works fine in team game and with tournament mode, only way I use it.

UTPe wrote:
Hi Matt,
I compiled the code into a .u package but something went wrong (or I did something wrong after) because I was not able to run that mutator fix :(

cheers,
Pietro
When I wrote this, I wrote it that you have to be logged in as an admin and type "mutate RF" (without quotes) in the command line. If you are using it the way it is written then you will need to meet those requirements before it will work. Also I run the command after the match has started.

Thanks,

S9
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

-=CoN=-Strych9 wrote:When I wrote this, I wrote it that you have to be logged in as an admin and type "mutate RF" (without quotes) in the command line. If you are using it the way it is written then you will need to meet those requirements before it will work. Also I run the command after the match has started.

Thanks,

S9
Just tried, it works fine. After game start, when I run the command, it removes blue flags. Nice !
I forgot to add the mutator in the custom game config (Mapvote.ini)...please don't comment, I feel stupid enough on my own :?
Both the methods work well, the only difference is that Nexgen fix by Mar does the job automatically as server actor.

Thanks again for your support, you found all nice solutions to an annoying problem :gj:

greets,
Pietro

-=CoN=-Strych9
Average

Post by -=CoN=-Strych9 »

Glad you got it working! Talk to you later!