irc mods for unreal

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!

irc mods for unreal

Postby bobisunreal » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:47 am

I asked this elsewhere and didn't get the response i was looking for.
I am looking for a mod for ut that adds irc communication to the game.
NOT the built in irc,
A mutator for servers that would take the chat from the game and sent it to a irc channel.
As well as take the chat from irc and sent it to the players in game.

The server I remember that had it way the u4e place of dangerous minds hosted by master merlin.

Anyway i need to get a hold of something like this as a base to built a mod for the original unreal,
I setup my own IRC server witch currently links chat from mine-craft to IRC , but it lacking the most important part , The unreal and IRC part.

More then anything i need the bit that handles the irc connecting / and the part that sends the chat from irc to unreal.
ill probably have to recode everything else to work with unreal.

Non-native solutions preferred.( probably required to port it )

i know mwreporter exists , but it not really what i need as it dosnt sem to take chat from irc to ut when i tested it
bobisunreal
Novice

Re: irc mods for unreal

Postby 'Zac » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:55 am

Hmmm, well at #siege on global gamers and i think #ipug the channels have a system set up that when you !promote mod in the channel, it promotes on a public server in UT for everyone to see. Probably look into that?
'Zac
Experienced

Personal rank: Who knows.

Postby Chamberly » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:05 am

Zac, he is looking for a chat collector for irc.

I know what you are talking about bob.. sent in PM.
Chamberly
Godlike

Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Postby Dizzy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:01 pm

Sorry to raise an old thread, but I'm looking for the same type of mod. Something which allows two-way communication between UT and an external source (e.g. IRC). I remember this existed nearly a decade ago when players and admins could communicate via IRC and in-game chat.

Any ideas please?
Join our UT Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
Dizzy
Experienced

Personal rank: Oaf

Postby Dr.Flay » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:13 am

Try XConsole, it has several servers and channels already added, but you can add others
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11636

Useful reference for anyone making a UT IRC mod. It seems Unreal and a few networks have some specific IRC commands
https://www.alien.net.au/irc/index.html
Dr.Flay
Site Staff

Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Postby JackGriffin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:46 am

Bob sussed this out. In fact he has his servers, his IRC, and his teamspeak all talking to each other. I am going to talk to him tomorrow about getting my Unreal server added back into his network. He's a nice dude and I'm sure he'd help you set it up if you asked him.

He has a teamspeak here: ts.bobisunreal.com and he's usually around in the late evenings EST. Be warned before you go there, his regulars do *not* hold back. For instance my room is called "THICC ASIANS" and I use it because that's the least offensive room in the entire TS. If you are a "special snowflake" then you'd better email him instead. No kidding.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
JackGriffin
Godlike

Personal rank: Hack coder

Postby Dr.Flay » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:21 am

I am guessing Bobs solution is actually integrated to the playing experience, rather than the bolt-on approach with XConsole, so um yeah, @bobisunreal could you perhaps post your solution here ?
Dr.Flay
Site Staff

Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Return to Mutators