irc mods for unreal

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
bobisunreal
Novice

irc mods for unreal

Post by bobisunreal »

I asked this elsewhere and didn't get the response i was looking for.
I am looking for a mod for ut that adds irc communication to the game.
NOT the built in irc,
A mutator for servers that would take the chat from the game and sent it to a irc channel.
As well as take the chat from irc and sent it to the players in game.

The server I remember that had it way the u4e place of dangerous minds hosted by master merlin.

Anyway i need to get a hold of something like this as a base to built a mod for the original unreal,
I setup my own IRC server witch currently links chat from mine-craft to IRC , but it lacking the most important part , The unreal and IRC part.

More then anything i need the bit that handles the irc connecting / and the part that sends the chat from irc to unreal.
ill probably have to recode everything else to work with unreal.

Non-native solutions preferred.( probably required to port it )

i know mwreporter exists , but it not really what i need as it dosnt sem to take chat from irc to ut when i tested it
'Zac
Experienced
Personal rank: Who knows.

Re: irc mods for unreal

Post by 'Zac »

Hmmm, well at #siege on global gamers and i think #ipug the channels have a system set up that when you !promote mod in the channel, it promotes on a public server in UT for everyone to see. Probably look into that?
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Zac, he is looking for a chat collector for irc.

I know what you are talking about bob.. sent in PM.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Dizzy
Experienced
Personal rank: Oaf

Post by Dizzy »

Sorry to raise an old thread, but I'm looking for the same type of mod. Something which allows two-way communication between UT and an external source (e.g. IRC). I remember this existed nearly a decade ago when players and admins could communicate via IRC and in-game chat.

Any ideas please?
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Try XConsole, it has several servers and channels already added, but you can add others
https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11636

Useful reference for anyone making a UT IRC mod. It seems Unreal and a few networks have some specific IRC commands
https://www.alien.net.au/irc/index.html
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Bob sussed this out. In fact he has his servers, his IRC, and his teamspeak all talking to each other. I am going to talk to him tomorrow about getting my Unreal server added back into his network. He's a nice dude and I'm sure he'd help you set it up if you asked him.

He has a teamspeak here: ts.bobisunreal.com and he's usually around in the late evenings EST. Be warned before you go there, his regulars do *not* hold back. For instance my room is called "THICC ASIANS" and I use it because that's the least offensive room in the entire TS. If you are a "special snowflake" then you'd better email him instead. No kidding.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I am guessing Bobs solution is actually integrated to the playing experience, rather than the bolt-on approach with XConsole, so um yeah, @bobisunreal could you perhaps post your solution here ?